Something Went Wrong with the D Hires

So..let me make sure I’m understanding you..you think TROB , a position coach/coordinator, chose Miami with the thought Miami was bringing in others he worked with..and the name u use is muchamp presumably as DC 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️...when the **** does a person sign on to be a position coach ANYWHERE only because they believe others are coming..wtf do y’all get this logic from😂
I don’t understand your retort. It’s pretty clear manny tried to bring in a dc but didn’t get who he wanted. It’s equally like;y he told t rob he was considering that, or it would be weird to surprise him a week after he was announced. (And it’s not like he wasn’t aware.) And it’s equally like;y T Rob asked and cares who he works with, because it’s presumably important to him and his career. The only thing that would be truly weird is if T Rob didn’t ask about any of this.

Advertisement
The Jaguars LB coach is a better job than being a DC at Miami under Diaz? Lol.
I could be, depending on what you think of Diaz and his prospects. Being part of a failed staff can have long-term negative implications. Being part of a staff run by a well respected person in the profession can likewise hsve positive implications lomg term.

Because T-Rob is an actual coach, unlike Manny and his minions. Why would T-Rob want to come work for an entire defensive staff full of morons? He must have thought others were coming in. Respectable, proven coaches coming in. Doesn't have to be Muschamp, but he worked for him at UF, and working for him at Miami would result in good recruiting and on-field success.
Again..what example do you have of a Position coach wanting to coach with a certain coordinator but picking a job in hopes the coordinator picks the same school..the **** makes 0 ******* sense. It’s another baseless CIS theory. TRob is from south Florida. He has ties down here. For a up n coming position coach Miami is still a very attractive spot...no position would ever sign on somewhere they didn’t want to be. And if they want to work under a certain person they **** sure don’t pick the school before their potential supervisor/superior does..

I don’t understand your retort. It’s pretty clear manny tried to bring in a dc but didn’t get who he wanted. It’s equally like;y he told t rob he was considering that, or it would be weird to surprise him a week after he was announced. (And it’s not like he wasn’t aware.) And it’s equally like;y T Rob asked and cares who he works with, because it’s presumably important to him and his career. The only thing that would be truly weird is if T Rob didn’t ask about any of this.
That’s my point..when have U ever heard of this. Especially for a position coach. If TROB was only intrigued by Miami because of manny telling him about POTENTIALLY bringing in names Trob is either familiar with or intrigued to work with at DC or other spots , wtf would he sign on before said person or persons..especially as a position coach...this theory is basically calling TROB a ******* idiot more then it is condemning manny..if TROB, as a position coach wanted to work under will M or any other DC, that domino would always come first...Maybe instead of conspiracy theories the answer is a simple as Trob wanted to coach in his hometown at Miami

That’s my point..when have U ever heard of this. Especially for a position coach. If TROB was only intrigued by Miami because of manny telling him about POTENTIALLY bringing in names Trob is either familiar with or intrigued to work with at DC or other spots , wtf would he sign on before said person or persons..especially as a position coach...this theory is basically calling TROB a ******* idiot more then it is condemning manny..if TROB, as a position coach wanted to work under will M or any other DC, that domino would always come first...Maybe instead of conspiracy theories the answer is a simple as Trob wanted to coach in his hometown at Miami
You’re tossing around all these straw men. Why not stop and take a deep breath? I didn’t say anything remotely close to he was ‘only’ intrigued because whatever. You’re flailing. The question is what he expected when he took the role, because he surely talked about the staff with manny. It seems reasonably likely he expected further change because it seems reasonably obvious manny tried for further change. I haven’t said more than that, and this has nothing to do with ‘conspiracy’ theories (your weird word), just normal human interests and communications in the employment context.

Advertisement
Again..what example do you have of a Position coach wanting to coach with a certain coordinator but picking a job in hopes the coordinator picks the same school..the **** makes 0 ******* sense. It’s another baseless CIS theory. TRob is from south Florida. He has ties down here. For a up n coming position coach Miami is still a very attractive spot...no position would ever sign on somewhere they didn’t want to be. And if they want to work under a certain person they **** sure don’t pick the school before their potential supervisor/superior does..
Our theory in this thread is based on a bunch of facts listed on page 1.

Its a theory.

It makes sense.

You’re tossing around all these straw men. Why not stop and take a deep breath? I didn’t say anything remotely close to he was ‘only’ intrigued because whatever. You’re flailing. The question is what he expected when he took the role, because he surely talked about the staff with manny. It seems reasonably likely he expected further change because it seems reasonably obvious manny tried for further change. I haven’t said more than that, and this has nothing to do with ‘conspiracy’ theories (your weird word), just normal human interests and communications in the employment context.
You what happens when u Assume ****..I refuse to be made a *** so please stop assuming 😂.

In all seriousness bruh I know u didn’t say it. But the other poster did. That’s what I respond too and you responded to me about my response to that..if this conspiracy theory is correct then TROB is a **** fool...TROB has been along far to long to be a **** fool.

If his expectations and only interest in Miami was to work under a certain DC there’s No ******* way he’d sign on before the DC is ironed out. And from how it played out if manny was set on bringing in a DC the deck would’ve been cleared far sooner on that side. Just like how it was on the offense last off szn..based on how everything played out I don’t think manny was set on a full overhaul on D. We’ll see how it works out. Manny betting on himself to get it fixed. It’s a Big **** move

Yeah I’m tryna figure this out the logic of this thread too. The plan seemingly was always to re-tweak. Personally I don’t agree with that. I thought the D needed new more new blood other then just T-Rob, Simpson (who is great to have back) and DVD now in a on field role.

That being said all signs indicated manny was looking to tweak rather than make overhaul changes..even if I disagree I can’t play Monday morning QB and create a conspiracy that he swung and missed. If he was gonna bring in a New DC pink slips would’ve gone out first and sooner rather then later as was the case with Enos and frankly most other times a change like that is made.

I have no issues with manny calling the defense as long as he has good support around him in other roles. Lashlee is on his way to becoming a HC and has the O taken care of. Jess Simpson was a great HC in GA and has NFL experience under his belt as the Assistant HC. TROB has been around and had a strong Personality.

so if manny believes being even more involved on D with be the fix needed over there, we’ll see. While he was DC he was good too me. The thing I absolutely love about the decision is that he doubled down. It’s on him. He didn’t scapegoat Baker or anyone else. He bet on himself so it’s on him for us to get back to what we were 16-18 and a portion of 2019
the Reynolds tweets and the passage of time both indicate that he was aiming higher. he didnt need 3-4 weeks to land simpson, maybe T Rod, but that's it. give it some time, it will come out.

Our theory in this thread is based on a bunch of facts listed on page 1.

Its a theory.

It makes sense.
The theory is again just a theory

the theory also means TROB is a idiot for following a DC to a school..when the DC wasn’t at said school.

which makes no sense

going off Tim Reynolds tweets, in which he never even broke the news as gospel

actually makes sense, it’s CIS

Advertisement
the Reynolds tweets and the passage of time both indicate that he was aiming higher. he didnt need 3-4 weeks to land simpson, maybe T Rod, but that's it. give it some time, it will come out.
Y’all basing this heavily on Reynolds tweets 😂.

and let me be clear, manny very well could’ve been big fish hunting and missed then moved on to plan B. That’s fine.

my original and main point is this, TROBs decision and hire has nothing to do with that miss. HE decided to come to Miami. If his decision was soley based on the DC manny was bringing in then he doesn’t make that move without that happening first...so again this theory would mean Trob is dumb ***

The theory is again just a theory

the theory also means TROB is a idiot for following a DC to a school..when the DC wasn’t at said school.

which makes no sense

going off Tim Reynolds tweets, in which he never even broke the news as gospel

actually makes sense, it’s CIS
you are right. it is a theory, but a very plausible one. why do you it took manny a month to announce that he would fix the D by essentially demoting baker and taking back play calling? he could have done that a week or two after the season, especially coming off a bad loss in the bowl game where baker **** the bed once again and put the team in a 21-0 pickle.

i theorize that he was working the entire time behind the scene to land 1-2 individuals, including a DC, to replace baker, rumph, stroud and patke. that's what he did with the offense last year and i think he's smart enough to know that his job is on the line if he doesnt fix the D this year. something happened, maybe something within his control (scheme, autonomy, control) or something outside of his control (other moves).

i'm pretty confident in my theory, and i think time will confirm it. there is no other rational, reasonable explanation.

I could be, depending on what you think of Diaz and his prospects. Being part of a failed staff can have long-term negative implications. Being part of a staff run by a well respected person in the profession can likewise hsve positive implications lomg term.
An indictment on Diaz, clearly. Not on the program.

Y’all basing this heavily on Reynolds tweets 😂.

and let me be clear, manny very well could’ve been big fish hunting and missed then moved on to plan B. That’s fine.

my original and main point is this, TROBs decision and hire has nothing to do with that miss. HE decided to come to Miami. If his decision was soley based on the DC manny was bringing in then he doesn’t make that move without that happening first...so again this theory would mean Trob is dumb ***
i agree entirely. the hit and miss is logically unconnected to T Rob's hiring.

Advertisement
you are right. it is a theory, but a very plausible one. why do you it took manny a month to announce that he would fix the D by essentially demoting baker and taking back play calling? he could have done that a week or two after the season, especially coming off a bad loss in the bowl game where baker **** the bed once again and put the team in a 21-0 pickle. i theorize that he was working the entire team to land 1-2 individuals, including a DC, to replace baker, rumph, stroud and patke. i'm pretty confident in my theory, and i think time will confirm it. there is not other rational, reasonable explanation.
Again, I think it’s quite possible manny went big game hunting early to gauge interest. But this was his fall back plan. If his intentions were dead set on a defensive overhaul pink slips would’ve been passed out quicker then pay here buy nows come pick up car’s...but where I get off is the TROB portion of it. That’s separate. That part makes 0 sense from TROBs side. Which then throws the theory that I responded to out the window

Again, I think it’s quite possible manny went big game hunting early to gauge interest. But this was his fall back plan. If his intentions were dead set on a defensive overhaul pink slips would’ve been passed out quicker then pay here buy nows come pick up car’s...but where I get off is the TROB portion of it. That’s separate. That part makes 0 sense from TROBs side. Which then throws the theory that I responded to out the window
disagree. Manny wasnt going to dismiss baker and patke unless he had his guy(s) signed up already. a restructured D maintaining baker and patke was his fall back, second or even third position.

i think manny had a hard commitment from one or more coaches, verifiable by T Rob, and T Rob took the job knowing this. T Rob doesnt come to Miami and take the job out knowing who his immediate boss would be. he knew. and then something happened that frustrated manny's plan and commitments.

Bottomline, Manuel is walking the Green mile. No DC worth his salt was going to come here to die on Manny's hill next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Exactly why Mario left Miami. Strong isn’t coming in to work for a bum HC like Diaz at this point of his career. I would venture a guess that Diaz is one of the least respected P5 coaches out there.

Exactly why Mario left Miami. Strong isn’t coming in to work for a bum HC like Diaz at this point of his career. I would venture a guess that Diaz is one of the least respected P5 coaches out there.
strong got an NFL job

you are right. it is a theory, but a very plausible one. why do you it took manny a month to announce that he would fix the D by essentially demoting baker and taking back play calling? he could have done that a week or two after the season, especially coming off a bad loss in the bowl game where baker **** the bed once again and put the team in a 21-0 pickle.

i theorize that he was working the entire time behind the scene to land 1-2 individuals, including a DC, to replace baker, rumph, stroud and patke. that's what he did with the offense last year and i think he's smart enough to know that his job is on the line if he doesnt fix the D this year. something happened, maybe something within his control (scheme, autonomy, control) or something outside of his control (other moves).

i'm pretty confident in my theory, and i think time will confirm it. there is no other rational, reasonable explanation.
your desire to attribute rational thinking to the MiamI program is your main problem. And only a gutless coach admits (supposedly) his dc isn’t good enough, looks around, then still retains him in the same role. Manny’s problem is he doesn’t want his defense, and it’s reputation, to be tarnished by baker...but if he fires him, he’s admitting he made another bad hire and his only protege sucks. Manny also needs someone to fire, or replace, next year to buy him more time

Advertisement
Back