Something Went Wrong with the D Hires

Advertisement
If Manny was big game hunting and just didn't bag the right target, I won't fault him for that. Agree you don't want to hire a B to replace a C, you wait for the next shot at the Alpha. If that's the case, he better continue hunting even after his public announcement. We can't lose 2021 to a failed org structure. Hopefully the situation is temporary, and we have a real DC in the fold before kickoff against Bama.
He was and it could be. Time will tell. Things that don’t make sense, don’t make sense for a reason. Give it time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao nothing went wrong. It was said from the jump that baker and patke wasn’t going anywhere
Yeah I’m tryna figure this out the logic of this thread too. The plan seemingly was always to re-tweak. Personally I don’t agree with that. I thought the D needed new more new blood other then just T-Rob, Simpson (who is great to have back) and DVD now in a on field role.

That being said all signs indicated manny was looking to tweak rather than make overhaul changes..even if I disagree I can’t play Monday morning QB and create a conspiracy that he swung and missed. If he was gonna bring in a New DC pink slips would’ve gone out first and sooner rather then later as was the case with Enos and frankly most other times a change like that is made.

I have no issues with manny calling the defense as long as he has good support around him in other roles. Lashlee is on his way to becoming a HC and has the O taken care of. Jess Simpson was a great HC in GA and has NFL experience under his belt as the Assistant HC. TROB has been around and had a strong Personality.

so if manny believes being even more involved on D with be the fix needed over there, we’ll see. While he was DC he was good too me. The thing I absolutely love about the decision is that he doubled down. It’s on him. He didn’t scapegoat Baker or anyone else. He bet on himself so it’s on him for us to get back to what we were 16-18 and a portion of 2019

Advertisement
I agree. T-Rob was originally announced as the new Defensive Backs coach with Banda out and Rumph speculatively out.

Now this position-swap nonsense with DVD and Rumph, and now T-Rob is the Safeties coach.

T-Rob probably thought other coaches were being brought in. Coaches that he probably wanted to work with.

Makes sense that it was Muschamp. They worked together at UF.
So..let me make sure I’m understanding you..you think TROB , a position coach/coordinator, chose Miami with the thought Miami was bringing in others he worked with..and the name u use is muchamp presumably as DC 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️...when the **** does a person sign on to be a position coach ANYWHERE only because they believe others are coming..wtf do y’all get this logic from😂

If Manny was big game hunting and just didn't bag the right target, I won't fault him for that. Agree you don't want to hire a B to replace a C, you wait for the next shot at the Alpha. If that's the case, he better continue hunting even after his public announcement. We can't lose 2021 to a failed org structure. Hopefully the situation is temporary, and we have a real DC in the fold before kickoff against Bama.
I’m not defending baker..thought he should’ve been fired after UNC of principle. But prior to Miami he was a hot name as a coordinator. He wasn’t a nobody. Same with manny. Say what u want and be upset with the results as am I from 2020 but let’s not mistake these two guys for Dno. That’s said there better be some major development in that LB core. Interior lineman from 19 who this board was high on need to start flashing. And we better land Rique to sure some things

So..let me make sure I’m understanding you..you think TROB , a position coach/coordinator, chose Miami with the thought Miami was bringing in others he worked with..and the name u use is muchamp presumably as DC 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️...when the **** does a person sign on to be a position coach ANYWHERE only because they believe others are coming..wtf do y’all get this logic from😂
Because T-Rob is an actual coach, unlike Manny and his minions. Why would T-Rob want to come work for an entire defensive staff full of morons? He must have thought others were coming in. Respectable, proven coaches coming in. Doesn't have to be Muschamp, but he worked for him at UF, and working for him at Miami would result in good recruiting and on-field success.

Advertisement
Back