Something Went Wrong with the D Hires

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Something happened. Someone agreed to join the D (or similar) and backed out at the last minute or something else happened. It wasn't suppose to end with Baker and Patke staying on board with a simply re-assignment of Baker's duties and Manny calling plays. If so, they would have done so sooner; you don't wait 3-4 weeks to announce this horse crap. Manny was chasing something bigger and failed.

And people knew it and thought he had it in hand. After T Rob was hired, Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press tweeted that T Rob's hiring was the first of "multiple new hires". Here's the tweet below. This tweet express means that there would be more than one new hire (that is, two or more). We only hired Jess Simpson.

It will come out, of that I am certain. But what was it? What happened?

Later the same day, Reynolds counseled patience, indicating that we only needed to let the ink dry, which means the deal was done.

He also tweeted the following GIF, expressing delight with the multiple new hires.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Muschamp is coming to Jacksonville.

No coincidence this announcement came the same day as the Urban Meyer news.
I agree. T-Rob was originally announced as the new Defensive Backs coach with Banda out and Rumph speculatively out.

Now this position-swap nonsense with DVD and Rumph, and now T-Rob is the Safeties coach.

T-Rob probably thought other coaches were being brought in. Coaches that he probably wanted to work with.

Makes sense that it was Muschamp. They worked together at UF.

@Dr.L.ThugU sent me a PM saying Buddy Ryan was the guy Manny was hiring.
giphy.gif

@JBCanes-NC sent me a p.m. saying : " IDGAF who you hire we still have Sam Howell woooooooooo.ricflairvoice"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back