Something we may see this week

So based on some logic on here , **** the 10 practices before the scrimmage since thats all that matters right?

Keep pounding that goofy new mantra about running around in shorts being more significant in judging a QB than live game-like situations. It's gonna catch on. This will be the new mantra despite most of the guy's parroting it having not seen a single practice that Perry supposedly won.

Keep in mind that Kaaya supposedly looked like Johnny Unitas in fall practices last year. Then, after the season ended, Rick packed his bags for him.

Advertisement
It's well known Richt want Perry to Start. A big reason why? He can sell Perry to the fanbase. Fans love freshmen that can come in and compete for the starting job. You can't sell Rosier or Sheriffs to the fans, since they've been on campus previously. At the same time, if Perry isn't ready, find the guy you want between the upperclassmen for the quarterback position. I think it'll be a very tight race and whoever Richt name, I'll be ready to ride with him.

I mean is anybody posting here actually at the closed practices???

Serious question, because I thought those were closed to everybody, including our insiders.

Bad chicken to cut one of the guys who outperformed Perry from the QB competition no matter how much people want Perry to win the job.

That's not winning the job anyway. That's engineering the result you're hoping for. If that's the actual approach then they should just give Perry the job and eliminate the ruse of a competition.

Dropping guys from the competition who outperformed him is a great way to lose the team.

Richt knows what he has with Rosier and Shirreffs. As he said in the press conference, there is not much left to learn with those two.

Pick the veteran you like better, drop the other guy and give reps to the freshman who can potentially change your season.

Easy to type that on a message board. It'd be beyond foolish for the HC of a marquee P5 program playing for significant things this year to do that.

You're parsing press conference words to justify a preposterous idea.

Advertisement

Richt said he hoped to pick between Rosier and Shirreffs at the end of spring. Now he's had ten practices and a scrimmage to cement his opinion. He knows what he has there.

Doesn't this jive pretty much with what most of the board has been thinking anyway? One of Rosier/Shirreffs will start, with Perry getting reps?
Actually, it's kind of the polar opposite of what anyone has suggested. The sane money was on letting the QBs battle it out and have the winner of the competition start.

Bad chicken to cut one of the guys who outperformed Perry from the QB competition no matter how much people want Perry to win the job.

That's not winning the job anyway. That's engineering the result you're hoping for. If that's the actual approach then they should just give Perry the job and eliminate the ruse of a competition.

Dropping guys from the competition who outperformed him is a great way to lose the team.

Richt knows what he has with Rosier and Shirreffs. As he said in the press conference, there is not much left to learn with those two.

Pick the veteran you like better, drop the other guy and give reps to the freshman who can potentially change your season.

By all accounts both Sheirifs and Rosier have improved significantly since the spring. Which means they haven't hit their ceilings as QBs...

Advertisement
I want Perry to win the job. Richt, I believe, wants Perry to win the job. Simply put: the closer Perry gets to his ceiling, the better chance we have of winning big.

But wishing doesn't change what happens on the field. Richt can't just hand him the job if he's not ready. The main thing that is going to accelerate the process is reps. When Kaaya won the job as a true freshman, it was a two-man battle. This has been a four-man race.

So I hope this competition gets cut to two players this week. Richt already alluded to this in his post-scrimmage presser. We've seen enough from Rosier and Shirreffs for Richt to have a preference. They are what they are and any improvements will be incremental. Pick one (without an announcement) and give the first team reps to that guy and Perry.

If I'm reading you correctly - you're saying that the numbers in this scrimmage - was not a ballgame - and there are too many other intangibles that support putting the ball in the hands of Perry. And, likely, behind him - The Sheriff.

I think MR will give him mad chances to earn that spot but I agree with u [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

It's well known Richt want Perry to Start. A big reason why? He can sell Perry to the fanbase. Fans love freshmen that can come in and compete for the starting job. You can't sell Rosier or Sheriffs to the fans, since they've been on campus previously. At the same time, if Perry isn't ready, find the guy you want between the upperclassmen for the quarterback position. I think it'll be a very tight race and whoever Richt name, I'll be ready to ride with him.

winning sells.

Richt said he hoped to pick between Rosier and Shirreffs at the end of spring. Now he's had ten practices and a scrimmage to cement his opinion. He knows what he has there.

You're spinning it better than Perry right now. Rick has been consistent in saying he hoped Rosier or Shirreffs would separate from each other. Now, you're bridging that gap to assume he meant that if they didn't separate from each other that he'll drop one behind Perry despite both outperforming Perry.

Advertisement

Honestly, I dont see why the rush to cut it down after one week of fall camp, espcially with two exhibition games to start the season. Completely getting rid of Weldon, little Vinny and Million dollar baby(as another poster mentioned) should be enough for this week. Then cut it to two after next scrimmage.

Last edited:
I just want the best man for the job. If Perry gets it and "fails", yall gon turn on him just like yall did with Kaaya....

This. If Perry is actually in the Top 2 then great.

Dmoney is literally calling for Perry to be handed a top-2 spot, something that goes completely against the way Richt runs his program.

Don't hand Perry anything. Make him earn it. If he's as good as Dmoney is saying, that shouldn't be an issue

Jeebus some of you need reading comprehension lessons. He was saying that the Perry, like and young qb needs more reps to improve. The coaches already know what they have in rosier and Sheiriffs so you take the guy out of those 2 you like better and you give them reps with Perry and see where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry and the best of the two upper classmen need to get all the practice asap. Any of the 3 need as much starting qb snaps as possible.

Advertisement
I want Perry to win the job. Richt, I believe, wants Perry to win the job. Simply put: the closer Perry gets to his ceiling, the better chance we have of winning big.

But wishing doesn't change what happens on the field. Richt can't just hand him the job if he's not ready. The main thing that is going to accelerate the process is reps. When Kaaya won the job as a true freshman, it was a two-man battle. This has been a four-man race.

So I hope this competition gets cut to two players this week. Richt already alluded to this in his post-scrimmage presser. We've seen enough from Rosier and Shirreffs for Richt to have a preference. They are what they are and any improvements will be incremental. Pick one (without an announcement) and give the first team reps to that guy and Perry.

I don't disagree with your assessment. However, I think that we are at a point in CFB where both ES and MR could easily transfer if Perry is named the starter. Ofcourse Richt can't be held hostage by what ifs! If Perry isn't ready, Id rather he be third team and rise during the season than cause MR or ES to transfer before the season starts. Ofcourse if you believe Perry and Weldon with Vince jr as top 3 are equal or better than having MR and ES around, you got to go for it I guess.

Terrible idea (and I think completely out of character for Richt) to hand Perry #2 reps that he hasn't earned. Good way to create an entitled qb who doesn't think he needs to put the work in. I can't imagine Miami having a backup qb on the roster who thinks he can skip watching film just because he knows he has a position locked down.

From everything that you've seen D, who is the best QB on the squad & not just who you expect but based on everything you've witnessed.

Perry is just so much more talented than the upperclassmen. He has the best arm, the best release, he spins it the best, he's the most accurate, he has the most touch and he's the most athletic. It's night and day.

In terms of consistent performance, Evan has had the best camp from what I've seen and heard. Both he and Malik have improved from spring. It's a tough call between those two. Evan is taller, more consistent and doesn't throw stupid picks. Malik has a better arm and is a better fit in the type of offense we're becoming.

This is political move D and if we are playing chess you choose Evan in hopes to keep him around as a backup and Malik will prepare himself to become a grad transfer after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back