Something we may see this week

Advertisement
By the way, Rosier has thrown more picks this camp than Shirreffs and Perry combined.

I think this is exactly why Richt said that he would have to look at the entire body of work as opposed to just the performance of one scrimmage.

Berrios is still returning punts because Richt loves the fact that he does not muff punts. It was reported that Homer's fumbling issues is the reason that he didn't receive more carries last year. How many times has he mentioned the number 1 thing he looks for in a QB is "protecting the football".

Rosier's interception problem throughout the time that Richt has been there, including this spring and fall, is the reason why I think he will be on the outside looking in when it is all said and done. I highly doubt that one good performance is going to change Richt's perception of Rosier's love affair with turnovers.

Bad chicken to cut one of the guys who outperformed Perry from the QB competition no matter how much people want Perry to win the job.

That's not winning the job anyway. That's engineering the result you're hoping for. If that's the actual approach then they should just give Perry the job and eliminate the ruse of a competition.

Dropping guys from the competition who outperformed him is a great way to lose the team.

I'd like to see the QB stats in typical game drive situations separate from the situational stats.
Perry was welcomed to CFB by a Top-10 defense yesterday.
Let's see how he responds.

So based on some logic on here , **** the 10 practices before the scrimmage since thats all that matters right?

Advertisement
Richt aint dripping shirreffs or rosier yet. Maybe he cuts weldon and testaverde reps. But folks need to wrap their mind around perry may not be ready. Dont tell me about november. There are a lot of games before then. This may end up with perry getting some packages for experience during the season, but i would be very surprised if he starts out as the starter. How he progresses is unknowable at this point. Strong arm and toght spiral are nice, but you have to know the offense, make the right decisions and avoid mistakes.

Other than hype Perry has shown exactly WHAT so far that tells anyone that he is the guy for the job or that in 3 weeks he can learn enough or improve enough to be that guy.

Everyone that wants Perry to win the job is doing so off what he did in HS cause he hasn't been on campus at Miami long enough nor has he done anything in practice so far to prove he can handle being the starter.

i said before I felt like this was Perry's job to lose cause Richt has made it clear he wants Perry to be the starter.I just hope he doesn't try and force a square peg into a round hole and force him into the job before he is ready.

Right now from all reports he's not even close.

Bad chicken to cut one of the guys who outperformed Perry from the QB competition no matter how much people want Perry to win the job.

That's not winning the job anyway. That's engineering the result you're hoping for. If that's the actual approach then they should just give Perry the job and eliminate the ruse of a competition.

Dropping guys from the competition who outperformed him is a great way to lose the team.

Richt knows what he has with Rosier and Shirreffs. As he said in the press conference, there is not much left to learn with those two.

Pick the veteran you like better, drop the other guy and give reps to the freshman who can potentially change your season.

So based on some logic on here , **** the 10 practices before the scrimmage since thats all that matters right?

You haven't seen practice. You're taking the word of someone else. I haven't heard one practice observer say that Perry has performed well overall. Just alot of talk about his physical attributes and a buzz play here or there.

Advertisement
If Perry is proved to be efficient and doesn't turn the ball over he starts. Rosier is a turn over machine and Sheriff has a noodle arm

There is no shame in perry taking a shirt or not starting this year so he can absorb everything to be even better next year. The kid would have to be the second coming to win 10+ and a coastal this year.

Doesn't this jive pretty much with what most of the board has been thinking anyway? One of Rosier/Shirreffs will start, with Perry getting reps?

You haven't seen practice. You're taking the word of someone else. I haven't heard one practice observer say that Perry has performed well overall. Just alot of talk about his physical attributes and a buzz play here or there.
Listen to pete and dmoney they have been saying it...

Advertisement
By the way, Rosier has thrown more picks this camp than Shirreffs and Perry combined.

I think this is exactly why Richt said that he would have to look at the entire body of work as opposed to just the performance of one scrimmage.

Berrios is still returning punts because Richt loves the fact that he does not muff punts. It was reported that Homer's fumbling issues is the reason that he didn't receive more carries last year. How many times has he mentioned the number 1 thing he looks for in a QB is "protecting the football".

Rosier's interception problem throughout the time that Richt has been there, including this spring and fall, is the reason why I think he will be on the outside looking in when it is all said and done. I highly doubt that one good performance is going to change Richt's perception of Rosier's love affair with turnovers.

Rosier also produces TDs. Far more than anybody else when you combine the scrimmages that we have stats for. 6 TDs to Evan's 1. At a 2:1 ratio right now with TD:INT and he didn't throw a pick yesterday. So does he produce TDs in practice too or is he just throwing picks? He's a risk taker. Do those risks translate to production in practice should be the question.

Last edited:
It's funny Perry has bad stats in the scrimmage and then all of a sudden he is being greatly outperformed by the other 2 quarterbacks. Forget about the countless practices, lets take him out of the race because of 1 scrimmage, not to mention his first college scrimmage. Richt specifically said most of the touchdowns from the upperclassman where during situationals like red-zone and with the 1st team offense.

It is clear that from people who have been to practice, like DMoney and Peter, that Perry is the most talented, he just got here a couple months ago so in the mental aspect and plays, he is behind.

I agree with DMoney that this will become a 2 man race this week and Perry will be one of them. That does not mean he is going to win the job, he will be behind whoever is the upperclassman, but since what he needs to improve can be taught for the most part (plays and reads) he needs meaningful reps.

LOL. You guys are insane. You're so thirsty for a great QB that you want to falsely engineer the QB competition and run the risk of losing the team by handing the upper hand to the guy who performed the worst.

Now, in an attempt to justify this tomfoolery you're jumping on some bogus new agenda that Perry is winning in shorts so that's more important than winning against live bullets in a game-like situation. Lulz.

Keep it flowing, fellas. This is rich.

Listen to pete and dmoney they have been saying it...

No they haven't. Not once have I heard or read them say Perry is practicing well. Only that he's the most talented and has the most potential and that he'll eventually win the job.

Advertisement
Doesn't this jive pretty much with what most of the board has been thinking anyway? One of Rosier/Shirreffs will start, with Perry getting reps?

Most of this board have been driven to this point by the people they hold up to be info gods on this board. And now because DMoney has spoken they think handing Perry a place in the battle is a good idea. If today he had said, "You know what, Perry just isn't ready he should redshirt. Let's not crush the kid and turn him into Kyle Wright" they would agree with that.

Bunch of Cane tears gonna flow if Perry, da gaw, not named starter for game one. Canedog says y'all betta get u some tissues ready.

Advertisement
Back