Something we may see this week

I want Perry to win the job. Richt, I believe, wants Perry to win the job. Simply put: the closer Perry gets to his ceiling, the better chance we have of winning big.

But wishing doesn't change what happens on the field. Richt can't just hand him the job if he's not ready. The main thing that is going to accelerate the process is reps. When Kaaya won the job as a true freshman, it was a two-man battle. This has been a four-man race.

So I hope this competition gets cut to two players this week. Richt already alluded to this in his post-scrimmage presser. We've seen enough from Rosier and Shirreffs for Richt to have a preference. They are what they are and any improvements will be incremental. Pick one (without an announcement) and give the first team reps to that guy and Perry.

gabon.gif

Advertisement
Probably the best thing for Perry and the program is to redshirt him. He weighs 185 lbs could definitely use a year in the weight room.

In my opinion, our ceiling with Malik or Shireffs is a 9 win season, and I think Richt knows that too. That would explain the itch he has to give Perry all the chances in the world to win the job.

Also, if we are indeed punting to 2018, might as well give the kid as many starts as possible, especially with this pancake schedule.
Let black Jesus sling it, really don't have much to lose.

Advertisement
In my opinion, our ceiling with Malik or Shireffs is a 9 win season, and I think Richt knows that too. That would explain the itch he has to give Perry all the chances in the world to win the job.

Also, if we are indeed punting to 2018, might as well give the kid as many starts as possible, especially with this pancake schedule.

As richt said today even if a starter is named the competition will continue into the season. That's not to say the veterans arent doing well, they are. But it says a lot about his confidence in nkosi and how he may grow over the next few weeks and early part of the season

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! NO MORE CONCEDING! Havent we done enough of that the last 5 years? So we concede this year..win 9 games if we are lucky with Perry (taking into account Richt has to slice the playbook in half and give him vanilla stuff because he doesnt know the playbook) and hope and pray that he is ready next year? NO! I would rather sit his a$$ on the bench and let him get mental reps and learn from Rosier/Sheriffs and then let him fight for it next year. We NEED to win 10 games this year with this schedule. If Perry cant get us that, we need to find the guy who can.

I'll say this, this is far more interesting than Frank Costa-Ryan Collins.

but on a serious note, I think this whole situation is clouded by the fact the FSU game is so **** early in the season as opposed to the past years.

At least Uncle Luke isn't threatening the program if Perry isn't named the starter.

Advertisement
Amazing thread. That's why I love sticking to an overview of where the program stands, and otherwise ignoring the day to day variables. You'll not only wear yourself out that way but you're almost guaranteed to fool yourself also.

I'll inherit the new players on opening day. Looking forward to it.

Only an idiot would concede this season and look towards 2018.

Win the fūck NOW.

Richt is know for 9 win seasons... he owns that title

What does this even mean, other than a pathetic attempt to sound clever by throwing some shade at our current coach?

Literally reads like something a rival would post.

whoooo Yes I am a rival Lulz

It means mark is a good **** coach, but not a coach to get us back in the drivers seat.. sure 9 , 10 wins thats what the new FANS want just a coastal win is good, then next year maybe even more, then next year

I was not a fan of the hire , but I do think the QB situation is not as bad as folks think, the D is great now so the offenses will struggle in scrimmages ( BOUT TIME)

Advertisement

Win the fūck NOW.

What does this even mean, other than a pathetic attempt to sound clever by throwing some shade at our current coach?

It means mark is a good **** coach, but not a coach to get us back in the drivers seat.. sure 9 , 10 wins thats what the new FANS want just a coastal win is good, then next year maybe even more, then next year

I was not a fan of the hire , but I do think the QB situation is not as bad as folks think, the D is great now so the offenses will struggle in scrimmages ( BOUT TIME)

He's coaching at Miami now - big fūcking difference

Win the fūck NOW.

He's coaching at Miami now - big fūcking difference

I keep hearing that I hope its true , he was a top 6 or 7 every year in UGA

Advertisement
Does anyone kind of think we're going 9-3 regardless of who starts?

hows my brother....?

I think 10 Plus wins , QB play will play itself out I hope the coaches trust who they start, we all know Kaaya was not trusted hence the play calling

I want all you folks in the "Perry should start" camp to say this out loud, and see if it makes sense.

"We went through Coker, Shannon, Shapiro, the NCAA cloud, and Al Golden/Onofrio, and after more than a decade, we finally have a team that can win big right now and a championship caliber defense, but I want a true freshman that's been on campus one month to start at QB and lead this team"

Look in the mirror and see those words out loud. When you hear yourselves actually utter those words out loud you'll then realize how insane the idea is.

You guys are out of your **** minds. Give me Rosier or Evan so we can go takes what's ours.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back