Someone please tell me...

Also, tell it to Penn State, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, etc. with wall have had home games with Temple within the last couple of years.

Again, it's way better than Arkansas state or Tulsa.

Looks like you all are going to have to find something else to bītch about

Well, all those schools are Midwest schools that likely recruit Philly heavily. They probably used Temple as more a showcase to pull in recruits. What's the reasoning for Miami to travel to Philly, Arkansas State or Toledo?

We're talking about Temple, not about Toledo or Arkansas state.

We should not be scheduling Toledo or Arkansas State away, but there were reasons for it, hopefully those issues have been addressed. Temple is different than they are, this is a completely different issue. If Notre Dame and Penn State schedule away games with them, it's legit.

ND or Penn State playing at Temple has strategic recruiting advantages for them. It's basically another opportunity for their recruiting base to see them live. Miami wouldn't see those benefits because that's not a normal recruiting area for us. So what's the point of traveling to a group of 5 school?
Yeah you're right, we never recruit New Jersey or anything. I mean, Philadelphia is a whole river crossing away from New Jersey, it might as well be located in Africa.

He's confusing Philly with Western PA.
RiDler, you should have a chat with Harbaugh.

Advertisement
It makes no sense why blake James is scheduling home and home series with temple period....

Call me crazy, but I actually like these away games against G5 teams. In years passed we generally did not have true away games before we started playing conference games or high stakes games (like Nebraska a few years back). Other than FAU, which is basically a home game. I like the idea of the young guys getting a taste of a real road game and the travel it comes with before our higher stakes games occur. That way a freshman who is starting isn't having their first away game at FSU or Va Tech. I thought App St was especially beneficial last year because of their dedicated fan base. They provided a true road environment. Just by 2 cents on why they may be considering these games.

And it allows us to save money for other needs.. instead of paying another team millions of dollars to come to us

Also, tell it to Penn State, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, etc. with wall have had home games with Temple within the last couple of years.

Again, it's way better than Arkansas state or Tulsa.

Looks like you all are going to have to find something else to bītch about

Well, all those schools are Midwest schools that likely recruit Philly heavily. They probably used Temple as more a showcase to pull in recruits. What's the reasoning for Miami to travel to Philly, Arkansas State or Toledo?

Penn St a Midwest team???????

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Take the L and move on

That this is Miami of Ohio....

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily
BREAKING: Temple has signed a home-and-home football deal with Miami, per AAC commish Mike Aresco.

Someone please tell me ...

That an actual football fan is surprised when a power five team schedules a cupcake. Because that never happens at Alabama or any of the big programs.

The other posters is right, as a cupcake temple is a lot better than BCC.

Scheduling an away game with temple is not that unusual, not for P5 programs

I have no issue with playing them. Just make it a home game.

Advertisement

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily
BREAKING: Temple has signed a home-and-home football deal with Miami, per AAC commish Mike Aresco.

That an actual football fan is surprised when a power five team schedules a cupcake. Because that never happens at Alabama or any of the big programs.

I'm sorry?

Couple of reasons for scheduling a home/home with Temple.

1) As previously stated, Miami doesn't turn a large profit from home games against lower level teams because turnout is usually pretty poor. Instead of forking over $500K+ to some sacrificial lamb, they get Temple to come here for free. With more consistent attendance, they might be able to get away from this sort of scheduling but in reality, Miami's attendance has always been spotty, even during the best years.

2) There's a lot of high dollar Miami alumni in the northeast and the athletic department like to throw them a bone from time to time. Especially since they no longer play Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse or Boston College every year like they did in the Big East. Philly is a short trip from New York/New Jersey/ Connecticut.

Right now money shouldn't be the reason for us to make these kinds of moves and neither is pleasing a few alumni from the North East.

Perception is everything right now (especially after golden and Shannon). These moves make the program look small like when we were under those two terrible coaches. 3 if you count Coker.

I understand that Ark state and App state were scheduled before Richt so whatever. But no need to make this deal with a real coach at the wheel who happens to have the #1 recruiting class in the country and moving us towards the path of righteousness.

Last edited:

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

The other posters right, as a cupcake temple is a lot better than BCC

It's not about scheduling a cupcake. It's about the home-and-home aspect of it.

No reason to travel to a non-Power 5 school.

What are we the gaytors?

1) As previously stated, Miami doesn't turn a large profit from home games against lower level teams because turnout is usually pretty poor. Instead of forking over $500K+ to some sacrificial lamb, they get Temple to come here for free. With more consistent attendance, they might be able to get away from this sort of scheduling but in reality, Miami's attendance has always been spotty, even during the best years.

2) There's a lot of high dollar Miami alumni in the northeast and the athletic department like to throw them a bone from time to time. Especially since they no longer play Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse or Boston College every year like they did in the Big East. Philly is a short trip from New York/New Jersey/ Connecticut.

Right now money should be the reason for us to make these kinds of moves and neither is pleasing a few alumni from the North East.

Perception is everything right now (especially after golden and Shannon). These moves make the program look small like when we were under those two terrible coaches. 3 if you count Coker.

I understand that Ark state and App state were scheduled before Richt so whatever. But no need to make this deal with a real coach at the wheel who happens to have the #1 recruiting class in the country and moving us towards the path of righteousness.

You're forgetting that even NC team's schedule between 2 and 3 cupcakes a year.

Look through the schedules of Alabama or Clemson or any top P5 teams.

As far as our schedule, this is an excellent team to schedule.

We need to mix in G5 teams in the mix. So does every other team. Nothing wrong with this at all.

In 2017, Bammer has

Mercer
Colorado State
Fresno State
Vanderbilt (yes I know Vanderbilt is in the SEC, but they may as well be a G5 school or Mac school)

Tell me how this is a problem?

Advertisement

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

What are we the gaytors?

This has nothing to do with being afraid to leave the state like them OOC, or being scared of losing to a group of 5 team.

Do you see other major power 5 schools like Bama, USCw or Michigan going to group of 5 schools?

Advertisement
I can't believe you guys started a ****ing match over this.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

I'm sorry?

This would be an all-time CanesInsight hall of fame post if that was actually Michael Irvin that called you a ***** on a message board for being scared to go play an away game against an inferior opponent. I feel like that would be Michael Irvin's exact response to this thread if he were to overhear it in person.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 10.00.02 PM.jpg

Advertisement

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

What are we the gaytors?

This has nothing to do with being afraid to leave the state like them OOC, or being scared of losing to a group of 5 team.

Do you see other major power 5 schools like Bama, USCw or Michigan going to group of 5 schools?

No. You don't. In fact, you normally don't see Ohio State, Tennessee, Penn State, or any of the other schools that make $5+ million dollars a home game do it either. Huh. What an amazingly astute observation.

But i'm waiting for you to explain how Miami, a private school playing in a leased stadium, can pay the going rate of hosting a non-power 5 school, and still make money.

Right now money should be the reason for us to make these kinds of moves and neither is pleasing a few alumni from the North East.

You're forgetting that even NC team's schedule between 2 and 3 cupcakes a year.

Look through the schedules of Alabama or Clemson or any top P5 teams.

As far as our schedule, this is an excellent team to schedule.

We need to mix in G5 teams in the mix. So does every other team. Nothing wrong with this at all.

In 2017, Bammer has

Mercer
Colorado State
Fresno State
Vanderbilt (yes I know Vanderbilt is in the SEC, but they may as well be a G5 school or Mac school)

Tell me how this is a problem?

Playing those teams is not the problem. Playing them on the road is.

Bama wouldn't go to any of those teams you listed except for vandy because like you said, their SEC and they play them every couple of years away.

For the last time, both Penn State and Notre Dame have recently played at Temple, in addition to Louisville, and as well as UCF, USF, and Cincinnati. All at Temple.

Could there possibly be any more stupid on this thread? I don't know, I think we've exhausted all the stupidity there is about this topic. But I bet somebody else will chime in with another stupid post.

Scheduled purely to punish them for sending us Al Golden. May be the first 15 TD game in history. Final score at home 105-0. Away game is more competitive 98-14. Sensei Richt will sweep the leg.

giphy.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back