Someone please tell me...

Advertisement
LOL, I went to the Temple game in 2005 at the Eagles stadium. There was like 5,000 people there...

I know this might sound crazy, but we're a very different program than we were in 2005. We didn't even have a student section in 2005. We're not where we'd like to be, but I assure you, they'll be 40K+ at this game.

Hey, I agree ,Temple has come a long ways in that time thanks to 'the coach who wont be mentioned here' and Rhule. I didn't mind the small crowd, lines for all the concessions were short...

Miami doesn't have the money to pay teams to come in all the time. I see nothing wrong with these games as long as we do them like we did app st.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If were going to schedule a home & away game with some creampuff team, schedule somewhere that's cool. Do a home and away with UNLV. We can hit up the strip and make it ultra fun weekend for Miami fans. Plus the new Vegas stadium will be boss.

Temple got 34,000 for Army last year and 29,000 for Cincy, I'm sure they can get 40,000 for us. There are worse things in the world than playing at Temple, in an NFL stadium. Arkansas State is one of them. Georgia Tech went to Tulane's 30,000 seat on campus stadium. Oklahoma is going to Tulane's 30K on campus seat stadium, as is Ole Miss, as is Mississippi State, as is Kansas State. I'm sure bigger programs are going to a lot of 30-40K seat stadiums across the nation (and Temple plays in a NFL stadium).

Last edited:
Advertisement
All I know is I'm sitting with Frank Costa's family at the game.

I was there for that game.
Never seen so many Guidos beating the BeeJeezus of security folks and even a couple of cops.
I was sitting behind the UM bench and coaches were yelling at players because they were watching that too and
not paying attention to the game.

Not sure why folks are beeyatching and moaning about as this is a good game because of Temple's location.
Temple sits right across from south Jersey, 2 hours from north Jersey, and 2-3 hours from metro Baltimore and DC
areas.
Lots of talent in those areas and we have a fan and alum base that have shown up to those games in Philly.

As someone else noted, we don't have the money to pay schools to come down and play us.
Alot of schools prefer the paychecks they get at the SEC and Bg10 schools.

Not sure why folks are beeyatching and moaning about as this is a good game because of Temple's location.
Temple sits right across from south Jersey, 2 hours from north Jersey, and 2-3 hours from metro Baltimore and DC
areas.
Lots of talent in those areas and we have a fan and alum base that have shown up to those games in Philly.

As someone else noted, we don't have the money to pay schools to come down and play us.

Because people about everything. If we scheduled Auburn, they'd be upset it wasn't Alabama.

Last edited:
areas.

If it weren't for my boxing schedule, I woulda gone to App St last yr and games like Toledo, believe it or not. My goal is to go to boxing events and UM games in as many different places as possible. And when Miami is Miami, it's a big deal wherever they come into town.

My goal this year is to go to a home game at the new refurbished stadium(haven't seen it since the ''15 Nebraska game)

Last edited:
Advertisement
If were going to schedule a home & away game with some creampuff team, schedule somewhere that's cool. Do a home and away with UNLV. We can hit up the strip and make it ultra fun weekend for Miami fans. Plus the new Vegas stadium will be boss.

I was sooooo bummed when Miami and San Diego St cancelled the remaining games of their series back in the 90's. It was great making that 2 hour drive from LA. I went to the games in 1990(my first Canes game, I'll never forget that or the trip to Tijuana afterwords) and then in 92. The teams scuffled in both games and it was at that point the series was kiboshed.

Been to both Arizona and Arizona St also, and Butch's opening game vs UCLA in 95 - and of course the 2002 Rose Bowl.

areas.

If it weren't for my boxing schedule, I woulda gone to App St last yr and games like Toledo, believe it or not. My goal is to go to boxing events and UM games in as many different places as possible. And when Miami is Miami, it's a big deal wherever they come into town.

My goal this year is to go to a home game at the new refurbished stadium(haven't seen it since the ''15 Nebraska gam)

You should try and make it up to Toledo next year if you can. The Glassbowl is a cool *** stadium. There isn't a bad seat in the house and they sell beer (a rarity for state schools up this way). I can't wait for that game. It will be a little weird wearing Canes gear in that stadium for me though. Never thought I'd ever have that situation lol.

areas.

My goal this year is to go to a home game at the new refurbished stadium(haven't seen it since the ''15 Nebraska gam)

You should try and make it up to Toledo next year if you can. The Glassbowl is a cool *** stadium. There isn't a bad seat in the house and they sell beer (a rarity for state schools up this way). I can't wait for that game. It will be a little weird wearing Canes gear in that stadium for me though. Never thought I'd ever have that situation lol.

Seriously, if Im free that weekend I would absolutely try and make that happen. Last time I went to OHio was the Buckeye game at the Horseshoe in 2010( the day I was officially done with Jacory Harris, lol)

We played app state, Arkansas state, bethune, famu, etc recently or soon and you're upset about Temple out of all of those?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I was sooooo bummed when Miami and San Diego St cancelled the remaining games of their series back in the 90's. It was great making that 2 hour drive from LA. I went to the games in 1990(my first Canes game, I'll never forget that or the trip to Tijuana afterwords) and then in 92. The teams scuffled in both games and it was at that point the series was kiboshed.

Been to both Arizona and Arizona St also, and Butch's opening game vs UCLA in 95 - and of course the 2002 Rose Bowl.

The 1990 Miami-SDSU game was my first Canes game too. What a heart attack game! A game you expected Miami to roll by 35 but was fortunate to hold on to win. I missed the 1992 game. My other Canes game was the NC Rose Bowl.

I do wish Miami would schedule some PAC12 home-and-home series. I'd love to see another round with UCLA, and finally play USC and Stanford.

Advertisement
Back