Someone please tell me...

That this is Miami of Ohio....

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily
BREAKING: Temple has signed a home-and-home football deal with Miami, per AAC commish Mike Aresco.

Someone please tell me ...

That an actual football fan is surprised when a power five team schedules a cupcake. Because that never happens at Alabama or any of the big programs.

The other posters right, as a cupcake temple is a lot better than BCC

It's not about scheduling a cupcake. It's about the home-and-home aspect of it.

No reason to travel to a non-Power 5 school.

There are large numbers of alumni in the area. Last time we played them, when they were down, went to the Linc. There were about 25,000 Canes fans and 5,000 Temple fans. Good move for alumni relations.

Advertisement
In case you haven't noticed, non-conference home and homes between power teams are almost nonexistent. All the big non conference games are being played at neutral sites. There's more money to be made by allowing neutral site stadiums to bid the highest dollar to showcase top college football action. That's why FSU and Bama are playing in Atlanta. It's why Miami and UF are playing in Orlando. Neutral site games are the new standard in college football. Home and homes don't pay enough.

College Football Neutral Site Games | 2017 | Future

Originalcanescanes, do you go around in real life calling people who have a different opinion, **** bags and retards? I hope not bud cause you wouldn't last at a job for one day. Not saying that those names were directed at me, or that they're not funny, but it's really not that serious. Calm the **** down man lol.

I really don't care what PED state does. Playing a G5 school on the road is a bad look. Especially when they're not down the road or even in the same state as you.

This **** makes us look like a JV team. But yay we saved a couple of dollars! That worked out well for us in the past.

i agreed with your appeal for civility until i read to the end of your post where you proceeded to act like a bag of ****s

Precisely my point.

Originalcanescanes, do you go around in real life calling people who have a different opinion, **** bags and retards? I hope not bud cause you wouldn't last at a job for one day.

giphy.jpg

What ****es me off the most is the fact we schedule the Toledo, App State, and Ark St of the world to home and home deals but won't do it for USF or UCF..

Advertisement
What ****es me off the most is the fact we schedule the Toledo, App State, and Ark St of the world to home and home deals but won't do it for USF or UCF..

We've had home & homes with USF and UCF in the past decade, and I'm sure you'll see another series announced with one of the two, if not both, eventually.

But if you think that either school has been waiting, holding open dates in reserve just for us, you're wrong. In fact, both schools have been quite successful at getting home and homes done with a wide selection of power-5 schools. If you're under the assumption that we haven't continued to play them just due to lack of interest on our side, you're wrong.

Again, saying 'our non-conference schedule should be an $EC school, then home games against UCF, USF and FIU,' you're nowhere near the reality of the situation.

We had to agree to a home and home with FIU, just to get them, and UCF and USF have tons of teams lining up for home and homes with them.

I've been to UCF stadium and Raymond James stadium twice in the last decade for UM games.

Edit: I believe UCF's stadium is Brighthouse Networks Stadium.

There's no reason for UM to promote other instate schools. It's stupid. Nothing to gain.

Originalcanescanes, do you go around in real life calling people who have a different opinion, **** bags and retards? I hope not bud cause you wouldn't last at a job for one day. Not saying that those names were directed at me, or that they're not funny, but it's really not that serious. Calm the **** down man lol.

I really don't care what PED state does. Playing a G5 school on the road is a bad look. Especially when they're not down the road or even in the same state as you.

This **** makes us look like a JV team. But yay we saved a couple of dollars! That worked out well for us in the past.

What I do in real life has made me very successful, but is totally irrelevant to this thread.

There is a difference of opinion, and then there are irrefutable facts.

I prefer to use actual facts to underscore my position.

Something being a "good look" or not is meaningless and of no value in the world I operate in. Especially when that is such a nebulous statement that nobody knows what it actually means.

Also, as I stated innumerable times, it's not just PSU, it's Notre Dame, Louisville, and I think maybe some others. Please go on their message boards and tell them it's not a "good look" either

Advertisement

What I do in real life has made me very successful, but is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Something being a "good look" or not is meaningless and of no value in the world I operate in. Especially when that is such a nebulous statement that nobody knows what it actually means.

Also, as I stated innumerable times, it's not just PSU, it's Notre Dame, Louisville, and I think maybe some others. Please go on their message boards and tell them it's not a "good look" either

Fair enough. I'll just point out the fact that when Louisville played temple in Philly, they were both in the AAC.

PSU is in the same state and as previously mentioned, ND is independent so they take who they can get, which is ussually good but because their independent status they have to sprinkle in a Temple here and there..

Whatever, it is what it is...I'll book a flight to philly and do some tourist ****..run up the stairs to the rocky statue and ****.

There's no reason for UM to promote other instate schools. It's stupid. Nothing to gain.
Agreed. I have no desire to see us play FIU or UCF. All we can do there is help them. Literally nothing to gain from playing them. Toledo either but it's not like they could effect us in any way.

Fair enough. I'll just point out the fact that when Louisville played temple in Philly, they were both in the AAC.

PSU is in the same state and as previously mentioned, ND is independent so they take who they can get, which is ussually good but because their independent status they have to sprinkle in a Temple here and there..

Whatever, it is what it is...I'll book a flight to philly and do some tourist ****..run up the stairs to the rocky statue and ****.

Been to Philly many times on business it's not that bad.

Stayed over at Penn for a few days for a business executive program run by Wharton. That's really old school there. I liked it for a change of pace. Franklin Field and all that.

Advertisement
fuq it put them onthe schedule anything goldens ever touched should be destroyed and we should be the ones to do it

Been to Philly many times on business it's not that bad.

Stayed over at Penn for a few days for a business executive program run by Wharton. That's really old school there. I liked it for a change of pace. Franklin Field and all that.

Fck it the more I think about it the More ok I am with it. Maybe I'll catch a flyers game too...I been there once. Philly people love to drink so that's a plus

Advertisement
It makes no sense why blake James is scheduling home and home series with temple period....

Call me crazy, but I actually like these away games against G5 teams. In years passed we generally did not have true away games before we started playing conference games/higher stakes games (like Nebraska a few years back). Other than FAU, which was basically a home game. I like the idea of the young guys getting a taste of a real road game and the travel that comes with it before higher stakes games occur. That way a freshman who is starting isn't having his first away game at FSU or Va. Tech. I thought App. St. was especially beneficial last year because of their dedicated fan base. They showed up and were loud, which provided a true road environment. Just my 2 cents on why they may be considering these games.

It also makes sense financially. When you do a home & home, you don't have to pay as much, because they are getting a return game. Thanks to the rights bubble, SEC, B1G and Pac-12 teams are paying HUGE sums to get rent-a-victim games. As anyone with any knowledge of Miami football understands, rent-a-victim games don't draw, so it doesn't make sense to play them at home for years on end.

A large state school up in Gainesville had the same line of thought, when it became obvious that some small private school was whipping their ***. How did that work out? If the local schools want a piece, then they can come get a beatdown. Period. That's how you keep those schools down, you beat the living **** out of them, and you keep doing it until they stop coming back. There's a reason USF didn't want Miami on the schedule anymore, and it was because most of the games were routs.

You guys do realize that part of this is that it doesn't do much for Temple to only travel to P5 opponents. They have a program they're trying to build support for in a metropolitan area as well. Whatever money they'd receive for traveling to a road game is peanuts in the scheme of them getting more support for their own ticket sales long-term. This whole ****ing match is idiotic. Just get over it. Everyone.

LOL, I went to the Temple game in 2005 at the Eagles stadium. There was like 5,000 people there...

I know this might sound crazy, but we're a very different program than we were in 2005. We didn't even have a student section in 2005. We're not where we'd like to be, but I assure you, they'll be 40K+ at this game.

Advertisement
Back