Some quick notes

I don't like Coach D scheme but I support him... Howard needs to buckle up and listen... There is no reason for him to talk back to the coach, but my issue is that he was obviously behind during camp... He wasn't even a starter yet he was granted a black jersey... Why? That could also contribute to this false sense of reality that he was all world... The kid is talented but has some physical limitations... He has to listen and work harder... And coach D has to continue to put a foot up his behind in order to bring the best out of him...

Advertisement
Honestly, if he is attacking them verbally he needs to check that, because that's not a good motivational tool. Knowing how to address people is key, people will straight shut you out with that, that's an ineffective way of communication.

I did not see Antonio Crawford play in high school, but a lot of people who did thought that he was extremely under-rated by Scout, Rivals, etc. This may be partly because he only switched to CB at the beginning of his senior year and did not get any early season hype. Maybe the feeling that Crawford is the best CB on the team says more about Crawford than about Tracy.

Advertisement
He also said this "What I can comment is that the real problem is D'Onofrio is a jerk and the players don't like him or respond to him. He routinely tells them f*** you, calls them punks, tells them they suck, calls them clueless and he is mean spirited when he says it. Not to mention he blames the kids for everything, he never takes ownership for anything.

Its hard to believe D'Onofrio worked on Greg Schiano's staff because he is the anti Schiano. Schiano is/was a tough coach but he always treated the kids with respect and believe it or not rarely cursed at them. He would occasionally curse, but never directed at a kid. Schiano empowered kids and never stopped teaching and encouraging. D'Onofrio is condescending, disrespectful and just a jerk.

So what does this have to do with Tracy? He was in the doghouse yesterday. Why? Because he had enough of being treated like a dog this week in practice and talked to D'Onofrio the same way D'Onofrio talked to him and it landed him in the doghouse.

These isn't about scheme. It's not about coaches being tough because they should be. This is about respect and earning the kid's trust, Al talks about this all the time. D'Onofrio needs to change or go. These kids are tuning him out. You can only treat them badly and blame them for every mental error for so long before they all say f*** you. If the MEs are so frequent, perhaps the teaching isnt effective, perhaps you, Coach D'Onofrio, aren't putting the kids in positions where they can be successful. Take some ownership and treat the kids they way you would want to be treated. D'onofrio is the adult, he needs to act like an adult. If he doesn't change this could blow up.
"

Its obvious Maxcane has some connections within the team... His history of posts show no bias or agenda..He rarely posts about football team

So he's just being honest

Advertisement
I can tell you for certain that Bush has not at any time considered leaving. He loves it here. Whomever claims otherwise is flat out lying. Tracy is going through normal growing pains, but nothing to worry about. He was told for four years in high school he was all-world, and it's tough when your coach brings you down to earth. Winning cures everything. These coaches need to purge this program of entitlement and coddling. In the process we're going to see incidents like this surface - it's all part of the process. And in the end, it is an approach that will reap benefits. Coughlin and Billy B have a bunch of rings, and they are complete no-nonsense dictators. Jimmy, Gruden, Saban and many others challenge(d) their players the same way. ****, even Mickey Andrews took the same approach with his players while producing some of the most dominant defenses in college football for two decades. I can't believe people think this is a big deal.

Exactly.

There is a huge difference between a tough, hard nosed, in your face coach and one who is abusive and negative. I don't know all the particulars here(none of us do) so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. This team needs to be molded in a tough, physical, being accountable for one's action environment. We can all agree on that. But even JJ in his prime knew the right balance between knowing which players he could scare into better performance and which players needed more of a pat on the back and some encouraging leadership. That's the toughest role for any coach. Knowing the mindset and trigger points for all your kids and working them in just the right way.

Advertisement
Saban is an ******* as well, the difference, he gets results.

Saban isn't over the top with it.

As someone who's followed Saban for awhile, this is true. He's definitely stern, but uses more psychological warfare than anything else. He's a great teacher.

[video=youtube;iRjDVsw-eQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU[/video]

Sweet, so you pull up a gameday video from Youtube. Cookies for you, sir. I'll be sure to pat you on the back.

this

I can tell you for certain that Bush has not at any time considered leaving. He loves it here. Whomever claims otherwise is flat out lying. Tracy is going through normal growing pains, but nothing to worry about. He was told for four years in high school he was all-world, and it's tough when your coach brings you down to earth. Winning cures everything. These coaches need to purge this program of entitlement and coddling. In the process we're going to see incidents like this surface - it's all part of the process. And in the end, it is an approach that will reap benefits. Coughlin and Billy B have a bunch of rings, and they are complete no-nonsense dictators. Jimmy, Gruden, Saban and many others challenge(d) their players the same way. ****, even Mickey Andrews took the same approach with his players while producing some of the most dominant defenses in college football for two decades. I can't believe people think this is a big deal.

Advertisement

As someone who's followed Saban for awhile, this is true. He's definitely stern, but uses more psychological warfare than anything else. He's a great teacher.

lulz @ him getting that ****ed being up 30-3

/he's GOAT
//if I ever won a huge lotto I'd find a way for UM to buy their way into the SEC and hire Saban to a lifetime contract

/he's GOAT
//if I ever won a huge lotto I'd find a way for UM to buy their way into the SEC and hire Saban to a lifetime contract

Saban's the type that goes home and bangs that prom queen.

/he's GOAT

Then kicks her out and bangs her best friend. Because he can.

/he's GOAT

Then kicks her out and bangs her best friend. Because he can.

I bet he did it this past year as well, just cause he can.

Advertisement
Back