Some quick notes

After being in KS and seeing the Mangino thing blow up overnight... people don't put up with ******** for long if they're not winning.
Same thing happened with Leavitt at USF.

Eventually, the team/staff/admin will get tired of it, but winning sure makes it easier to put up with.

Advertisement
Who cares if the Coach D/Tracy story is true. We need to get out of this coddling kids because they get yelled at. Either Tracy bucks up or he doesn't that's on him.

I can tell you for certain that Bush has not at any time considered leaving. He loves it here. Whomever claims otherwise is flat out lying. Tracy is going through normal growing pains, but nothing to worry about. He was told for four years in high school he was all-world, and it's tough when your coach brings you down to earth. Winning cures everything. These coaches need to purge this program of entitlement and coddling. In the process we're going to see incidents like this surface - it's all part of the process. And in the end, it is an approach that will reap benefits. Coughlin and Billy B have a bunch of rings, and they are complete no-nonsense dictators. Jimmy, Gruden, Saban and many others challenge(d) their players the same way. ****, even Mickey Andrews took the same approach with his players while producing some of the most dominant defenses in college football for two decades. I can't believe people think this is a big deal.

After being in KS and seeing the Mangino thing blow up overnight... people don't put up with ******** for long if they're not winning.

Eventually, the team/staff/admin will get tired of it, but winning sure makes it easier to put up with.

Leavitt actually choked a kid in front of the rest of the team.

Advertisement

And I'd take Leavitt coaching the defense any day.

Wait, so a kid who has probably had is *** kissed when it comes to football since he was 8 is having or had an issue or two when getting yelled at during his first real year of elite level football? And this is the big deal? I have a feeling this will work itself out just fine.

I can tell you for certain that Bush has not at any time considered leaving. He loves it here. Whomever claims otherwise is flat out lying. Tracy is going through normal growing pains, but nothing to worry about. He was told for four years in high school he was all-world, and it's tough when your coach brings you down to earth. Winning cures everything. These coaches need to purge this program of entitlement and coddling. In the process we're going to see incidents like this surface - it's all part of the process. And in the end, it is an approach that will reap benefits. Coughlin and Billy B have a bunch of rings, and they are complete no-nonsense dictators. Jimmy, Gruden, Saban and many others challenge(d) their players the same way. ****, even Mickey Andrews took the same approach with his players while producing some of the most dominant defenses in college football for two decades. I can't believe people think this is a big deal.
+1000000000

Yep, and he deserved to be canned for it. But he also wasn't winning the big east when he did it. I'm sure he was an angel before that, right? Mangino reportedly pushed players around. Lou Holz used to drag guys around by the face mask. Woody Hayes of course took that big swing at an opposing player, but you think that came out of nowhere?

Winning covers a bunch of stuff. But if you're a bonafide jagoff 24-7, you will eventually alienate enough people that they will run you out of town at the first opportunity.

Maybe Coach D'O is just a lunatic ala Mike Stoops. Maybe he is a calculating SOB that tears guys down to build them up again. Maybe he's a sweet guy that bakes cookies for the players on their birthday. I don't know.

I'm just saying if he treats everyone (staff, players, admin, students) like garbage all the time, then it will catch up to him.

As far as the hard line with the players, I'm all for it. We need to get back to a roster of guys legitimately pushing each other for spots on the field. I'm tired of this "doghouse" bs drama.

Advertisement
Irregardless of what actually happened between Coach D & Howard... I've never had a good feeling about D'Onofrio. Not once.

I had a great feeling about Fisch and you can tell the offensive players respond to him very positively. No way Jacory has the kind of year he did last year without Fisch/Golden. Same goes for Streeter.

Also... think about which players we've had an issue arise with. Luther Robinson, Eddie Johnson, & now Howard. Hmmmm all defensive players.

Irregardless of what actually happened between Coach D & Howard... I've never had a good feeling about D'Onofrio. Not once.

I had a great feeling about Fisch and you can tell the offensive players respond to him very positively. No way Jacory has the kind of year he did last year without Fisch/Golden. Same goes for Streeter.

Also... think about which players we've had an issue arise with. Luther Robinson, Eddie Johnson, & now Howard. Hmmmm all defensive players.

What was the issue with Howard? Did he get suspended or something? Did Johnson get suspended? There's been one real problem and that was Robinson.

What was the issue with Howard? Did he get suspended or something? Did Johnson get suspended? There's been one real problem and that was Robinson.

Eddie Johnson did enough to get his locker cleaned out. Look my point is all of the issues we've had so far have been defensive guys.

Advertisement
I said it long before either Howard or Crawford were at Miami. Crawford would pass Howard up, he is a better player. Never cared for Howard, i think he was way
the **** over rated. Saw both of them play.

- D'Onofrio/Howard story is true.

- Somebody inside the team used a comparison for Howard (as a player) that I used around NSD-- he's a Brandon Harris-type. I think that's a big complement, but some may feel otherwise. The word I got is that the most talented corner on the team is Antonio Crawford. Nate Dortch needs size, Hope is behind those three.

- Heard good things about the young defensive linemen like Hamilton, Briscoe and O'Donnell, which was reassuring. They aren't ready yet but look to have talent. Moore is grading out well.

- The guy we miss the most right now is Allen Hurns. He is Morris's best friend and favorite receiver. Team sources think he'll be back this week but I get the sense no one really knows.

I said it long before either Howard or Crawford were at Miami. Crawford would pass Howard up, he is a better player. Never cared for Howard, i think he was way

- Somebody inside the team used a comparison for Howard (as a player) that I used around NSD-- he's a Brandon Harris-type. I think that's a big complement, but some may feel otherwise. The word I got is that the most talented corner on the team is Antonio Crawford. Nate Dortch needs size, Hope is behind those three.

- Heard good things about the young defensive linemen like Hamilton, Briscoe and O'Donnell, which was reassuring. They aren't ready yet but look to have talent. Moore is grading out well.

- The guy we miss the most right now is Allen Hurns. He is Morris's best friend and favorite receiver. Team sources think he'll be back this week but I get the sense no one really knows.

Not saying you didn't make those predictions... but give me a break on the Howard over-rated BS.
Forget stars and website rankings... dude was recruited by EVERY f'in school in ACC/SEC/Ohio

He was rated by many the #1 CB, i say he was not even close to being #1. Crawford was in the 80's i believe, it's all BS. Crawford will pass him up because he is better, that is and has been my opinion while they were still playing in HS last year. I could be wrong, time will tell, JMO. I don't care who recruited him, it has nothing to do with me thinking he was over rated. Not every highly ranked player works out, not saying he won't play, just saying i think Crawford will end up being a better player.

Not saying you didn't make those predictions... but give me a break on the Howard over-rated BS.
Forget stars and website rankings... dude was recruited by EVERY f'in school in ACC/SEC/Ohio

Advertisement
[video=youtube;zmAYpAzNB34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzNB34[/video]

lol I remember that one. I thought he was gonna stroke out on live tv. Apparently he talked to quite a few people that way over things much smaller than a 15yd celebration penalty.

When he went from an Orange Bowl win to 5-7 with the wheels falling off in just 2 seasons, it sort of broke the spell and people started paying attention.

This is a non-issue.

A coach yelling at a player and he comes back at him is nothing. You have competitive people with adrenaline and testosterone flowing, this is routine. It only became a story because somebody posted about it.

Advertisement
Back