Some positives

Advertisement
It's hysterical the **** y'all put on Mario...
Come on man. You know if he wasn’t a Miami guy you’d have stiffer takes. He’s the head coach and deserves every bit of the blame he gets. He’s the most powerful man in Coral Gables who doesn’t have to answer for anything.

When Mario arrived the biggest questions about him as a HC was in game coaching and offense. Now let’s rewind the last twenty two games at Miami. Are those concerns more or less justified now?

He recruited TVD and hooked his wagon to him as his qb while not bringing in a veteran to push him. Putting a true Fr as the backup qb. Backing up a qb that’s been hurt half the time he’s started. That alone is malpractice.

I’m not out on Mario but he has left a lot to be desired as a HC and a good portion of people would have differentiating opinions if this was Manny or a non Miami guy. All I can do is judge his twenty two games here and it’s much more bad on Saturdays than good.

These kids have not quit once all year. (Beside TVD)

The whole Defense should be handed MVP awards at the end of the season.

This is the best OL I’ve seen here at Miami in 20 years.

This team even with all the bad coaching at HC and OC, looked like the better team at moments, and really had a real opportunity to win the game,

There was enough talent and fight from this team to have at worse 2 losses so far.

Did my best to stay mostly positive 🙂

Advertisement
20231112_063232.gif

Defense was incredible. 322 yards allowed on the road against one of the best offenses in the country.

And I was at the game so maybe I missed it. Did Mario ***** something up coaching wise? Or we just have to call him a ****** because we lost to a better team in a close, hard fought game?

Advertisement
i guess i'm in the minority ... the culture has shifted, we beat clemson with a freshman qb and was down to the last drive against state at state ... we haven't given up as a team in any games, we've fought ... yes we want wins, but it's a process that i'm not sure most understand ... others will say, well look at school a or school b, they turned it around in a year, well they not miami, folks are quick to bring up the bull**** we've dealt with etc., but don't want to take the time to wash the stink off ... we'll lose a few guys here or there, but mario has shown, he'll recruit ... I don't know anything about the OC, but i see the improvement and left this game feeling quite pleased ... remember, we building our team, fsu bought theirs

Advertisement
LBs (Kiko, Cloyd, Wes) played a great game. They were flying around. Much improved unit looking forward to it next year as well

Young CBs (Damari, Richard) shut down a 1st rd stud WR in Coleman. They were glued to receivers even when they made catches. Good tackling too. Excited for those two guys to get more time the rest of the season and take over as strong starters for next year. With Porter coming back as well

DL & OL - Against the big opponents this year (A&M, Clemson and FSU) our guys in the trenches not only look like they belong but they are getting close to controlling the LOS. JHH has been a huge surprise this year. Rivers has been a stud, Cooper, etc.

WR - Jacolby has made plays all year. Kudos to Beard for coaching up that position

If only we could have a competent HC and OC who would know how to utilize skill players (Brashard, Ray Ray, etc.)

I was less down after this game than others. I just want to focus on some positives.
Our talent level is seriously improving.

Jacolby George-he has shown up in every big game.
Wes-he really played well.
Damari Brown-he held Keon Coleman to 24 yards and he was victim of a couple of offensive pi calls the refs missed.
Richard-played pretty good.
Emory-Kid is all heart. The team clearly likes him. still not sure if he is the guy but that throw to George was unreal.
Jaden Harris- for a new safety, this kid is picking the position up which is important because JW is a mess and Kam is a gambler.

We are starting to see younger and newer guys slide in and play well.
Chaney averaged 7.1 yards a carry with a long of 29. I'd say he had a pretty good game.

Good thread. There are positives. I think we won the los on both sides of the ball against a likely cfp squad. And we played with a lot of heart. No quit yesterday. Great foundation.

Now if we can get a downfield passing game.

Advertisement
We kept seeing major contributions by true freshman. They relied on upperclassmen

Keep recruiting and fix our offense and we'll be **** good.

8-4 is everything.

The goal was always 8 wins and progress. Give us Tech game and it means 1 more win. Mario and the program is on schedule whether ppl want to admit it or not. Tvd sucks. 8 wins is progress.

Vegas had Miami at 7.5 wins. Team has gotten much better than last year no matter the record in my opinion. Miami is a another recruiting class and QB away from 10 win seasons. I’m still a believer Mario will get us there.

Yes. Better players for sure. But same old Mario. I fear we will never turn the corner. Plus, with even mediocre coaching, we might also be a 1 loss team.
Stop. Please. That last sentence is just a lie. I get your angst toward Mario, but you don’t get to just excuse/unremember all the terrible QB play that caused losses to NC State, UNC and GT. Yes, GT is on Mario for being an all-time idiot and he deserves every single rock thrown at him for that. That alone does not absolve TVD from his portion of the blame. I’m simply asking not to omit that part.

Carry on.

Advertisement
Back