Some positives

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you see a path?
Before Emory got hurt, I started to think maybe another win or two might be possible this season. But now? It’s hard to believe it.

Then again, Va Tech somehow rolled up 600 yards of offense on BC today, so you never know.

Advertisement
Before Emory got hurt, I started to think maybe another win or two might be possible this season. But now? It’s hard to believe it.

Then again, Va Tech somehow rolled up 600 yards of offense on BC today, so you never know.
I'd sign up for 8-5 with a win over BC and a bowl win.

But I don't see anything right now.

It's now back to a broken TVD and, I guess, some plays for Brown (no threat of burning a shirt, obviously).

Where will the offense come from?

I was less down after this game than others. I just want to focus on some positives.
Our talent level is seriously improving.

Jacolby George-he has shown up in every big game.
Wes-he really played well.
Damari Brown-he held Keon Coleman to 24 yards and he was victim of a couple of offensive pi calls the refs missed.
Richard-played pretty good.
Emory-Kid is all heart. The team clearly likes him. still not sure if he is the guy but that throw to George was unreal.
Jaden Harris- for a new safety, this kid is picking the position up which is important because JW is a mess and Kam is a gambler.

We are starting to see younger and newer guys slide in and play well.
Good post. A few thoughts...

Jacolby George is a player. Not the type of guy that makes an OC stay up late but the kid just does the most with the talent he has. Like you did he shows up big in every big game. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. George is a playmaker but he is being hurt by our offensive scheme and lack of a big time QB and other WRs to take pressure off him. George would be the perfect #2 or #3 in a loaded UM offense. He just isn't a #1 but that's not his fault. Love Jacolby. One of my fav players on offense.

The huge story of this game that is going over the heads of most is the fact that we went into this game vs FSU with Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson without our #1 and #2 CBs. Damari Brown and Jadais Richard both started after playing very little up to this point of the season. Those two kids locked it down! Nobody is talking about it but they were excellent! That also begs the question..... Why have they not played more? Why were they being wasted on the bench. Look I get it that Damari is a true freshman and Richard is a redshirt freshman but those two kids can play and it's borderline inexcusable that it took injuries to both starters for them to get in. Huge shout out to Brown and Richard!

Emory Williams is a man! No wonder the guys love him. He had a rough day missing on several throws to open receivers but he hung in there and kept competing. He gives up his body for the team and for that he has the entire teams respect. I don't know if he is going to be a great one or even a good one but I would go to battle with him any day. Get well soon Emory!

I have been a huge fan of Jaden Harris from the get but he really caught my eye in the spring game. He just keeps getting better everytime he gets an opportunity. I love his upside, versatility and love his speed. Yeah he missed Coleman on the punt return but he tried to make a play and whiffed. He's young. He will learn.

Kiko Mauigoa. My oh my! That is the best LB I have seen at Miami in a very long time. Great tackler who is great vs the run. Fantastic ability to key and diagnose with great instincts. Superb Blitzer with a great feel for timing. He is next level explosive with a nasty closing burst. He may be 1st round material. I hope he comes back but if he gets a first round grade he has to leave. Just a amazing talent!

Last edited:
Good post. A few thoughts...

Jacolby George is a player. Not the type of guy that makes an OC stay up late but the kid just does the most with the talent he has. Like you did he shows up big in every big game. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. George is a playmaker but he is being hurt by our offensive scheme and lack of a big time QB and other WRs to take pressure off him. George would be the perfect #2 or #3 in a loaded UM offense. He just isn't a #1 but that's not his fault. Love Jacolby. One of my fav players on offense.

The huge story of this game that is going over the heads of most is the fact that we went into this game vs FSU with Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson without our #1 and #2 CBs. Damari Brown and Jadais Richard both started after playing very little up to this point of the season. Those two kids locked it down! Nobody is talking about it but they were excellent! That also begs the question..... Why have they not played more? Why were they being wasted on the bench. Look I get it that Damari is a true freshman and Richard is a redshirt freshman but those two kids can play and it's borderline inexcusable that it took injuries to both starters for them to get in. Huge shout out to Brown and Richard!

Emory Williams is a man! No wonder the guys love him. He had a rough day missing on several three to open receivers but he hung in there and kept competing. He gives up his body for the team and for that he has the entire teams respect. I don't know if he is going to be a great one or even a good one but I would go to battle with him any day. Get well soon Emory!

I have been a huge fan of Jaden Harris from the get but he really caught my eye in the spring game. He just keeps getting better everytime he gets an opportunity. I love his upside, versatility and love his speed. Yeah he missed Coleman on the punt return but he tried to make a play and whiffed. He's young. He will learn.

Kiko Mauigoa. My oh my! That is the best LB I have seen at Miami in a very long time. Great tackler who is great vs the run. Fantastic ability to key and diagnose with great instincts. Superb Blitzer with a great feel for timing. He is next level explosive with a nasty closing burst. He may be 1st round material. I hope he comes back but if he gets a first round grade he has to leave. Just a amazing talent!
George was the best WR on the field in this game. Same as A&M game.

I think Damari needed time to learn the playbook and to be fair, porter has been really good. Those two and porter plus Stafford after a year in the system will make CB much better next year.

Emory is all heart. Love his guts.

Jaden also stopped a 3rd and goal forcing a field goal. no one talks about that. The kid is a first time safety and he's been consistent.

Kiko is good, not sure hes 1st round material but he AND wes will be good next year with the freshmen who will be emerging.

George was the best WR on the field in this game. Same as A&M game.

I think Damari needed time to learn the playbook and to be fair, porter has been really good. Those two and porter plus Stafford after a year in the system will make CB much better next year.

Emory is all heart. Love his guts.

Jaden also stopped a 3rd and goal forcing a field goal. no one talks about that. The kid is a first time safety and he's been consistent.

Kiko is good, not sure hes 1st round material but he AND wes will be good next year with the freshmen who will be emerging.
Don't get me wrong my man. I think Porter has been great all year. I was just very impressed by the play of the two young CBs. They played very well especially considering the circumstances.

Not to be overly critical but Davonte Brown is an automatic PI call everytime he is in there. Can we give someone else a shot? Just keeping it honest.

The more I see Kiko the more I'm convinced what a great player he is. He has his weaknesses like pass coverage and I really don't know if he can get a first round grade but he is a special player and him coming back would be amazing!

Advertisement
I was less down after this game than others. I just want to focus on some positives.
Our talent level is seriously improving.

Jacolby George-he has shown up in every big game.
Wes-he really played well.
Damari Brown-he held Keon Coleman to 24 yards and he was victim of a couple of offensive pi calls the refs missed.
Richard-played pretty good.
Emory-Kid is all heart. The team clearly likes him. still not sure if he is the guy but that throw to George was unreal.
Jaden Harris- for a new safety, this kid is picking the position up which is important because JW is a mess and Kam is a gambler.

We are starting to see younger and newer guys slide in and play well.
I couldn’t have said this any better. No trophies for 2nd place though.

Rivers played well against Verse all game

Guidry deserves a lot of credit… switching schemes mid season to a 3-3-5 and getting results is absolutely a credit to how knowledgeable he is in applying a defense relative to the talent on hand and not trying to force a round peg in a square hole.
1699827409823.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Player development by position has been a positive imo…

RB new coach
OL same coach
WR new coach
DL new coach on the edge
LB new coach
DB same coach

I’d argue our players have improved at every position except QB & TE.

And Guidry, can’t leave him out. Absolute Gidsend. Any talk of a major raise/extension for him? @Hurracanes @Brooklyndee @LuCane @Cribby

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back