Some positive notes

Gus Edwards is big and fast. That's a rare combination that could be something special, but so far hasn't panned out. I've seen a lot of players over the years that looked like they could really be one of the greats only to have it never happen.

Show me results and we'll revisit this discussion in January 2017.

Advertisement
Keep trying to tell some of y'all haters that Gus Edwards is a special talent... This is an entirely different coaching staff, and a legitinate one, that expects great things from him.

You bring in Alabama's Oline from last year and I will consider Gus as a possible Henryesque type back, but even then...no.

Even Henry, despite being able to shed tackles at times, wasn't getting hit in the backfield as much as UM backs.

I actually wonder how great Henry would have been playing behind our line last year. Sure would have made us look better, but he would have taken much more of a beating.

The good news is I can't fathom the line being any worse with this staff.
UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comparing Gus Edwards to Derrick Henry is ridiculous based off of the things he accomplished but Gus Edwards is very talented...

no, it's not. Look at the teams they play for and lines that block for them. That makes all the difference in the world.

If Baby Jeebus Olsen were handing the ball off to Gus, we'd be guaranteed the crystal ball.

People keep laughing about Edwards but he's gonna shock people
No he's not

lol..guess you guys are forgetting CMR and Thomas Brown developed some of the best backs in college football in Gurley, Chubb , and Michel...

Don't forget Brown was working with Melvin Gordon at Wisco before he went to UGA. These guys have a put some serious beasts to work in recent years. I'm excited to see what Homer does too. Not sure how much action he'll see as a freshman but I love his tape

If they can correct his pad level and teach him how to run in power I formation he will be very effective. If Gus can get a lead block and use his quickness, he will outrun most and the rest are going to want to tackle him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Progress. The Happy Adjusters used to wait until after Daylight Savings Time began.

Gus Edwards is a nice spot player, particularly against worn out defenses who don't appreciate a bigger back after chasing the small guys all game long. If you start Edwards and rely on him in every situation the weaknesses will quickly show up.

Derrick Henry was surprisingly fast and agile at the combine. No chance Edwards would put together an effort like that.

I'm still sick that Michael Wyche didn't have one more season. If so, he would monopolize the OP's list.

Talked to a legitimate source this weekend and here are some key notes to point out.

1. Gerald Willis was so good that scout team practices often couldn't run well with him in the lineup. For this reason he was often given days to focus on academics only. Expect huge, huge things.

2. New nutritionist and S&C coaches are kicking *** and getting our guys in shape.

3. Felder is working a lot with Stacy Coley to strengthen his legs. They thought he was week in this area but expect him to be healthier and in his top shape this season.

4. Gus Edwards will have a breakout year. "Better than Derek Henry." I laughed too, but the staff truly believes he is that good. Fingers crossed he lives up to this hype

5. Chris Herndon has really become a great blocker and will be great to have supporting Njoku

6. Trent Harris might be a sleeper for defensive performance. Doesn't have a flashy style of play but will be consistent.

7. Kendrick Norton will be very, very good

8. O Line is still the weakest link. Staff is hoping Bar Milo can step up and help this unit.

GTFOH here with that. Gus be a contributor here but he's not D. Henry.

Happy about everything else, except the OL. We all knew that was a work in progress.

Cracks me up how out of it our fan base is. In very limited touches gusts has been **** good. He has amazing potential. If our own line can atleast run block he will absolutely have a dominant year. To expect any less is absurd.

People keep laughing about Edwards but he's gonna shock people
No he's not

lol..guess you guys are forgetting CMR and Thomas Brown developed some of the best backs in college football in Gurley, Chubb , and Michel...

Gurley, Chubb and Michel were trashbags before Richt and Brown "developed" them. Took Chubb 3 years of development before he did anything.

This is sarcasm right?

Gus was the #1 RB going into last season, right? Can anyone confirm if he'll be playing in the spring game or will he be held out until August?

Advertisement
Back