Some positive notes

Advertisement
Talked to a legitimate source this weekend and here are some key notes to point out.

1. Gerald Willis was so good that scout team practices often couldn't run well with him in the lineup. For this reason he was often given days to focus on academics only. Expect huge, huge things.

2. New nutritionist and S&C coaches are kicking *** and getting our guys in shape.

3. Felder is working a lot with Stacy Coley to strengthen his legs. They thought he was week in this area but expect him to be healthier and in his top shape this season.

4. Gus Edwards will have a breakout year. "Better than Derek Henry." I laughed too, but the staff truly believes he is that good. Fingers crossed he lives up to this hype

5. Chris Herndon has really become a great blocker and will be great to have supporting Njoku

6. Trent Harris might be a sleeper for defensive performance. Doesn't have a flashy style of play but will be consistent.

7. Kendrick Norton will be very, very good

8. O Line is still the weakest link. Staff is hoping Bar Milo can step up and help this unit.

Thank for sharing this information.

I cant wait to see what Willis can do.

Talked to a legitimate source this weekend and here are some key notes to point out.

1. Gerald Willis was so good that scout team practices often couldn't run well with him in the lineup. For this reason he was often given days to focus on academics only. Expect huge, huge things.

2. New nutritionist and S&C coaches are kicking *** and getting our guys in shape.

3. Felder is working a lot with Stacy Coley to strengthen his legs. They thought he was week in this area but expect him to be healthier and in his top shape this season.

4. Gus Edwards will have a breakout year. "Better than Derek Henry." I laughed too, but the staff truly believes he is that good. Fingers crossed he lives up to this hype

5. Chris Herndon has really become a great blocker and will be great to have supporting Njoku

6. Trent Harris might be a sleeper for defensive performance. Doesn't have a flashy style of play but will be consistent.

8. O Line is still the weakest link. Staff is hoping Bar Milo can step up and help this unit.

#1 and #8 are not mutually exclusive. our OL could be average and willis could be the GOAT... or willis is average and our OL is trash (like always)

Advertisement
numbers 1 and 8 are related if not the same and can be consolidated into a new #1 that says Miami's OL blows

Important news here is that Gus Edwards is apparently looking good and recovering nicely for anyone to claim something like that. Hopefully he overtakes Yearby and the RB depth chart looks like 1. Gus 2. Yearby 3. Gray with Walton as a 3rd down back catching balls out of the backfield. I'd be very happy with this backfield for next year and believe Homer gets a redshirt unless he overtakes 2 of the guys.

Advertisement
Also if we're bringing in 2 RBs next cycle then someone's gotta go, probably a transfer due to lack of playing time.

There's been a couple of times where i've been like holy crap this guy is a star.

Then I see it was Gus Edwards.

He has potential to be very, very good.

I still think he can be our best RB

Advertisement
I don't dislike Gus at all but he's reaching legendary status for no good reason at all.

Last year Herndon was a good, but not great run blocker. Dobard was very bad.

I am hoping that Milo and St Louis are good enough to start next season.

I don't expect Norton to be very good next season. I think Moten emerges from the DT group

Advertisement
Like Henry, Gus needs a diesel line to be successful. We ain't got one. And even if we did, he's not in Henry's league.

My take is that the Gus hate started early because Golden went to NY to get a running back. Same thing with Berrios -- going to NC to get a slot receiver. These are positions that are loaded in South Florida.

They better be exceptional and exceptional quick because the local fans won't tolerate out of state under-performers at these positions. Haters were quick to rush judgement and unbiased fans have to over-inflate to justify them on the team.

I like Gus but he just don't have "IT". He is not a natural TB. He's probably better suited as a FB. He runs too straight up. After a year of coaching he should be able to run lower. Secondly, he can't make the first defender miss. This is an early sign that he doesn't have the lateral quickness needed at the TB position. Running straight ahead dives and short yardage is about all that he'll ever be. Starters will be Yearby, Walton and Gus.

Yep. Stephen McGuire was decent for us, but that was from Erickson who went out of state too often for players....I've always wondered who we could've gotten locally instead of McGuire - but maybe McGuire was that good, I just can't remember...

Chuck Foreman, on the other hand, was a really solid out-of-state back from Maryland.....he didn't make the hall of fame, but he was an all-pro with the vikings for a few years in the 70s anyway....

My take is that the Gus hate started early because Golden went to NY to get a running back. Same thing with Berrios -- going to NC to get a slot receiver. These are positions that are loaded in South Florida.

They better be exceptional and exceptional quick because the local fans won't tolerate out of state under-performers at these positions. Haters were quick to rush judgement and unbiased fans have to over-inflate to justify them on the team.

Advertisement
Back