Some positive notes

Comparing Gus Edwards to Derrick Henry is ridiculous based off of the things he accomplished but Gus Edwards is very talented...

Advertisement
The scout team's job is to imitate that week's opponent in practice against the first team offense/defense. Miami's starting linemen could not block Gerald Willis in practice.

The scout team's job is to imitate that week's opponent in practice against the first team offense/defense. Miami's starting linemen could not block Gerald Willis in practice.
In all fairness they could not block anyone in anything all year.

Taking him out so they can run plays is not unheard of. Same type of thing happened with Sapp.

/relax, not saying he is the next Sapp.

Advertisement
Talked to a legitimate source this weekend and here are some key notes to point out.

1. Gerald Willis was so good that scout team practices often couldn't run well with him in the lineup. For this reason he was often given days to focus on academics only. Expect huge, huge things.

2. New nutritionist and S&C coaches are kicking *** and getting our guys in shape.

3. Felder is working a lot with Stacy Coley to strengthen his legs. They thought he was week in this area but expect him to be healthier and in his top shape this season.

4. Gus Edwards will have a breakout year. "Better than Derek Henry." I laughed too, but the staff truly believes he is that good. Fingers crossed he lives up to this hype

5. Chris Herndon has really become a great blocker and will be great to have supporting Njoku

6. Trent Harris might be a sleeper for defensive performance. Doesn't have a flashy style of play but will be consistent.

7. Kendrick Norton will be very, very good

8. O Line is still the weakest link. Staff is hoping Bar Milo can step up and help this unit.

And people wonder why we were awful under Golden.

"Oh we can't run against him. Take him out of the lineup so we can practice our plays."

Shame we couldn't ask the opposition to do that.

I'm pretty sure they mean he was dominating other scout players, not that he was dominating the 1st team O.

I'm fairly certain Willis didn't see much work against the 1st team offense.

Thats what the scout team Defensive does. They go up against the 1st team offense whats the point of watching a scout team Defensive scrimage the offense?

i cant believe this even had to be explained hahahaah

I would love to believe all of this but the on thing that sticks out as BS in this is #5 . How has Herndon been evaluated as becoming a great blocker in off-season weights and conditioning? LOL they haven't even started Spring practice much less put full pads on and ran an offensive set under Richt.

I think you might be misinterpreting the quote. The source could've easily said, "Herndon has really improved his blocking since he's been here" or "Herndon got a lot better during the season based on the film we've watched." I don't think he meant that Herndon got better in the last two months.

Personally, I have no reason to doubt OP. Point #1 is accurate and the rest passes the sniff test.

Advertisement
Talked to a legitimate source this weekend and here are some key notes to point out.

1. Gerald Willis was so good that scout team practices often couldn't run well with him in the lineup. For this reason he was often given days to focus on academics only. Expect huge, huge things.

2. New nutritionist and S&C coaches are kicking *** and getting our guys in shape.

3. Felder is working a lot with Stacy Coley to strengthen his legs. They thought he was week in this area but expect him to be healthier and in his top shape this season.

4. Gus Edwards will have a breakout year. "Better than Derek Henry." I laughed too, but the staff truly believes he is that good. Fingers crossed he lives up to this hype

5. Chris Herndon has really become a great blocker and will be great to have supporting Njoku

6. Trent Harris might be a sleeper for defensive performance. Doesn't have a flashy style of play but will be consistent.

8. O Line is still the weakest link. Staff is hoping Bar Milo can step up and help this unit.

except for #3 , this is from last year lol.

all kidding aside, numerous people i respect have spoken highly of gus since last spring. we shall see.

Advertisement
People keep laughing about Edwards but he's gonna shock people
No he's not

lol..guess you guys are forgetting CMR and Thomas Brown developed some of the best backs in college football in Gurley, Chubb , and Michel...
Ok.
I really hope I end up eating my own **** on this,

the sensationalizing of Gus on this board is ridiculous. With Yearby and Walton definitely getting snaps it would surprise me if the guy eclipses 700 yards/ 7 touchdowns on the season behind this O-line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, if Gus is even close to any of this hype, we should all give thanks to the President because he nearly ended his life and snatched his soul on a couple of occasions (alas, at the last possible moment, he simply chose not to).

Advertisement
People keep laughing about Edwards but he's gonna shock people
No he's not

lol..guess you guys are forgetting CMR and Thomas Brown developed some of the best backs in college football in Gurley, Chubb , and Michel...

Don't forget Brown was working with Melvin Gordon at Wisco before he went to UGA. These guys have a put some serious beasts to work in recent years. I'm excited to see what Homer does too. Not sure how much action he'll see as a freshman but I love his tape

Great news on Willis and Norton! From what I saw his freshman year I knew Norton would be a beast and even predicted him the be our Defensive POY in a previous post. Hearing Willis phucking up the B- Team offense is additionally great news and I may have to rethink my POY on that side.

Coley needs to be tougher. Every time he took a good shot he was out or injured.

Gus always showed flashes he could be awesome, so ***** Derick Henry! Gus will shine if-see #8

Trent Harris did show he was very capable and performed well in that goldorito red carpet obstacle course. Very versatile player DE/LB

Hopefully an aggressive D Scheme and DL will make the oline better. Competition has a way of bring out the best in us. B+ is what we need from them at minimum.

Harris was a 4-star DE out of HS.....

Good to hear about 2 of our DTs looking solid....as is always the case, if we have solid DT play, our defense will give offenses fits - especially with an aggressive style....

This board never ceases to amaze me. Now Gus Edwards is better than Derrick Henry.

Advertisement
Back