Some positive notes

Look for Gus the Bus to transfer. He will not be able to beat out Yearby and Walton. And Thomas Brown will have little patience for a RB that can't lower the shoulder at the point of contact.

Advertisement
Look for Gus the Bus to transfer. He will not be able to beat out Yearby and Walton. And Thomas Brown will have little patience for a RB that can't lower the shoulder at the point of contact.

LOL

FSU recruited Gus as a full back similar to Lonnie Pryor. He only got carries here because Golden struck out on about 63 RBs from South Florida. He was third string in 2013 and 2014 and he'll be third string in 2016 you ******' douche bags.

LOL

You think every player to come from the Northeast is a future all american.

"Kevin Olsen is going to leave here an All Time Great."--3FW Circa 2012

Go back to sleep it was only a dream!

:puzzled:

Advertisement
I like Gus but he just don't have "IT". He is not a natural TB. He's probably better suited as a FB. He runs too straight up. After a year of coaching he should be able to run lower. Secondly, he can't make the first defender miss. This is an early sign that he doesn't have the lateral quickness needed at the TB position. Running straight ahead dives and short yardage is about all that he'll ever be. Starters will be Yearby, Walton and Gus.

So a guy who runs upright would be better suited to play FB where you block on every play and need leverage? Goofballs crack me up. There have been many upright runners who have been great RBs. Adrian Peterson and Eric ****erson come to mind immediately. Gus isn't those guys, but he's a talented RB who should do well this year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Richt use Walton like he did Sony in the slot as a receiver because Gus and Yearby should be 1 and 2 at RB, and Brown already said he only likes to use 2 RBs.
HEY!! Doesn't Derrick Henry run too high too?? maybe Saban should've made him a FB [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

All this "he runs too high" **** is a bunch of dopes parroting Maddenisms. Henry ran completely upright like he had a spine made of rebar.

Either you're a good RB or you aren't. This upright **** is retarded. I understand being skeptical of him, but he was behind some NFL RBs here and was set to start last year until he got hurt.

I happen to be in the minority on Gus. I think he's talented and could wind up having a very good year if he stays healthy.

You say, Adrian Peterson and Eric ****erson come to mind immediately when you think of great upright runners. But when you put Gus to the test you then admit that Gus doesn't measure up.

And then you say you understand the skepticism with Gus because he was behind some NFL RB's and was set to start before he got hurt. Well, News Flash---> Gus finds himself again behind two more NFL RB's Yearby, and Walton.

You left the "n" off the end of your screen name.

FSU recruited Gus as a full back similar to Lonnie Pryor. He only got carries here because Golden struck out on about 63 RBs from South Florida. He was third string in 2013 and 2014 and he'll be third string in 2016 you ****in' douche bags.

You mean like how Cam Newton was recruited as a TE by UGA?

Advertisement
Best thing about Gus is that he can be a power back but at the same time a homerun back as well. We missed his speed last year

He may be relatively big, but he has not demonstrated anything akin to being a power back, especially with his high pad level. If anything, he attempts to bounce it outside more than hit the hole.

And I don't recall any history of him as a homerun back. How many TD runs does he have exceeding 20 yards?

How many runs does he have exceeding 20 yards is a far more true question. Perhaps you wouldn't like that answer though if you're down on him.

Advertisement
Back