Some more stuff about Urban

Advertisement
Jags suck, they deserve what they're getting.
Hope they move to London.
Please, so I can watch the Dolphins again when the jags don't sellout and Pittsburgh and Cleveland is the game on CBS instead of you know a Florida team playing a division game.

Advertisement
I don't think Urbs can go back even to college now.

Whatever reputation he had he destroyed between this and whatever the **** he was doing to that woman in that bar.

Advertisement
Urban vs Lambert in a Cage Match
He already made an appearance on a PPV earlier this year. It was a brawl between The Inner Circle and The Pinnacle at Daly’s Place, which is connected to the Jags stadium and football HQ. Jericho fought MJF through the football offices and brawled into Urban’s office (he was conferring with Charlie Strong). Jericho accepted a football from
Meyer and drilled MJF with it.

He already made an appearance on a PPV earlier this year. It was a brawl between The Inner Circle and The Pinnacle at Daly’s Place, which is connected to the Jags stadium and football HQ. Jericho fought MJF through the football offices and brawled into Urban’s office (he was conferring with Charlie Strong). Jericho accepted a football from
Meyer and drilled MJF with it.
Funny.

I haven't watched wrestlling since the WWE Attitude Era ended (and hadn't watched before that since the NWA-Gordon Solie era, grew up in Tampa).

The only way a Dictator works in the league is if his style of leadership has been proven to work, like Belichik.

And even then, Belichek treats relationships as if they're formal business relationships. Do the job asked of you, you stay. Don't do it, you leave without the drama. Meanwhile Urban throws tantrums and everyone around him under the bus.

Seems like what makes most great college coaches make horrible NFL coaches.

Former player told me he got roasted by Urban and it ended up clicking for him after that. He told him he was the softest player he's ever been around and he regretted signing him, in front of the entire team... He played 8th years in the NFL after that.

That type of **** just comes off as the substitute teacher trying to lay down the law in the NFL.
I recall Jimmy Johnson telling Karim Abdul Jabbar in 1996 during preseason that this wasn’t UCLA and that scholarships can be revoked, after Jabbar missed time due to injury. Jabbar took painkillers and did spectacularly in the next game.

Advertisement
Being a boss or coach does not excuse how Urban acts. It's unprofessional, and it's the opposite of true leadership....and he's proven himself to be far from brilliant.
You don't know how he acts. He's overly demanding of his coaches? An *******? Lulz. The stories I've heard about Saban from some of his former staff make the recent reports on Urban sound like fairytales. I guess I'm cut from a different cloth, but none of this bothers me. I liked being challenged, called out, humbled by my superiors. Made my skin tough and motivated me to prove those ****ers wrong -- which is exactly what they wanted. Oh no, Urban said mean stuff to his subordinates and benched a star player. He's out of control!

I am through calling coaches “the greatest ever” if they can’t cut it at the highest level.
Sagan-maybe greatest COLLEGE coach ever
Urban-Great college coach
Holtz-very good college coach

All failed or are failing miserably at the highest level where they have to coach on a level playing field of talent, and money.
Jimmy-Greatest coach ever. Period. Won at both levels and openly had 1 losing season (1st year with the Cowboys)

Same is true for basketball
Pitino-great college coach
Calipari-great college coach

Both were underwhelming at best in the NBA
Phil, Red, and Popovich-3 best coaches of all time and we can debate the order. Riley is just outside looking in.

I recall Jimmy Johnson telling Karim Abdul Jabbar in 1996 during preseason that this wasn’t UCLA and that scholarships can be revoked, after Jabbar missed time due to injury. Jabbar took painkillers and did spectacularly in the next game.
Yeah but how many rebounds did he get???

Advertisement
Urban will be at Texas or Notre Dame in a few years.
IDK man. NFL people talk to college people. If he's off his rocker he may need to find a Liberty U to work his way back. Especially the way salaries are now, lot to invest in a loose cannon.

"I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

I was at the Titans - Jags game this weekend and man their bench looked completely checked out. They lost that game before they hit the field. The Jags fans that were there cleared out at halftime to go party on Broadway lol.

This.

The NFL is a grown man’s game, college coaches who are used to being worshipped & having autonomous control don’t work in the league because the players make more than the coach does & he can’t threaten them & rule by fear like he could in college.

The NFL is a 50/50 joint venture between the Coaches & the players, college is a Dictatorship.

The only way a Dictator works in the league is if his style of leadership has been proven to work, like Belichik.

But otherwise, you’re not going to come straight from college & get to the NFL & start talking down to grown men & then expect them to play hard for you & win games, it don’t work like that.

that's gospel right there.

Advertisement
Back