Some more stuff about Urban

Nick Saban was actually decent in the NFL. I wish he'd give it another shot. Went 9-7 his first year and went 6-10 with Cleo Lemon as his QB in year 2. If he got the decision between Brees and Culpepper right then history would be much different

not so sure.

the same things the jag players are saying about urban, are the same things that the dolphins players said about Saban.

Advertisement
Nick Saban was actually decent in the NFL. I wish he'd give it another shot. Went 9-7 his first year and went 6-10 with Cleo Lemon as his QB in year 2. If he got the decision between Brees and Culpepper right then history would be much different
He actually wasn't...talk with the former phins players....they have a field day ripping on him....
He was absolute trash and he knew he couldn't cut it.

Advertisement
So I’m good friends with the father of a Jaguars player.

The Urban stuff is being under reported.

Obviously this father is very ****ed off but just a taste:

Telling players “I’ve won and you guys haven’t”

Telling players “Tell me why I should care about you”

Telling players “I was brought here under false pretenses😳😳😳

Dragging assistant coaches IN THE locker room.

Openly questioning the GM.

This father of a guy who has been on 4 NFL teams “ my son hates him, says he’s never seen this sh** on any other team”

I have a soft spot for the Jags, but boy do I hate Urban Meyer — ask anyone who has worked for him, dude is a world class *******

Sounds like a man trying to get himself fired—textbook self-sabotage.

Urban wants out of Jacksonville and will disappear for a year or two and then will land at another high-profile college job.

There is that.

On the flipside...you're the Jaguars. You're a franchise that is perpetually juiceless. You have to take some risks and gamble a little bit sometimes. Sometimes its on high upside but risky players (like Jalen Ramsey), sometimes its on coaches (Urban Meyer in this instance). This gamble went about as poorly as anyone could have imagined. Its been a nightmare since Day 1. The man legitimately tried to hire a fresh off a firing for being a racist as one of his very first hires and tried to sneak it through the media without anyone noticing.
Where’s Spurrier when y’all need him

Advertisement
Advertisement
That guy was fresh out of college. He wasn't making Zach or Jason Taylor cry.
Not my point. Saban is comprehensively stroked by the media, including by a bunch of reporters who Saban has traditionally treated like ****, many of whom know that his success is a product of breaking the rules on an unprecedented scale. Yet, the guy is here doing Aflac commercials.

Openly berating a rookie in the open in front of reporters to the point the guy cries is way worse than anything being reported as part of this media campaign against Urbs.

This whole thing is an absolute joke. These are hit pieces. I'm not a fan of Urban per se. But I loathe hypocrisy and virtue signaling.

Been saying it since he ran a prison release program at UF and protected a serial domestic abuser at OSU, then wrote a book about ethics and honesty:

the guy should be in politics.
You just described Jimmy Johnson..insert Cowboys after the bolded..that’s what GOATs do

Advertisement
Not my point. Saban is comprehensively stroked by the media, including by a bunch of reporters who Saban has traditionally treated like ****, many of whom know that his success is a product of breaking the rules on an unprecedented scale. Yet, the guy is here doing Aflac commercials.

Openly berating a rookie in the open in front of reporters to the point the guy cries is way worse than anything being reported as part of this media campaign against Urbs.

This whole thing is an absolute joke. These are hit pieces. I'm not a fan of Urban per se. But I loathe hypocrisy and virtue signaling.
Understandable.

For me, the thing that stood out with Saban was the player convulsing in the hallway (heat exhaustion, I believe). Saban said nothing, walked over / past the player and went to his office. I'll compare that to Al Golden - who is highly criticized for aspects of his regime here - who rushed out onto the field to console that wide receiver in the Georgia Tech game in 2012 who had his foot turned around 180 degrees. Golden at the very least cared. A player was potentially in a life threatening situation, and Saban kept walking.

Understandable.

For me, the thing that stood out with Saban was the player convulsing in the hallway (heat exhaustion, I believe). Saban said nothing, walked over / past the player and went to his office. I'll compare that to Al Golden - who is highly criticized for aspects of his regime here - who rushed out onto the field to console that wide receiver in the Georgia Tech game in 2012 who had his foot turned around 180 degrees. Golden at the very least cared. A player was potentially in a life threatening situation, and Saban kept walking.
Both Saban and Urban are heartless, cut throat dudes, which is not surprising. Most CEOs of F500 companies are sociopaths.

Bobby Bowden was a good friend of my family. When Darling died, it crushed him.

Understandable.

Golden did it for the cameras

Advertisement
Back