Some more stuff about Urban

I don't know about ya'll, but I don't go to work to make friends. If my people don't want to be there, then I will accommodate them and find the best that do. I go to work to make money. If I don't, then everybody suffers. The Jags GM sucks. Boy have I been in that situation running a large branch with 3 different bosses *****ing at me separately. It's not like Jax is the motherload of talent right now. That said, Urban Liar is a total prlck and I'd pull an Elway if he drafted me. Total scumbag, but he is their scumbag. As a Buc and Dolphin fan I hope he keeps sucking.

Advertisement
All jokes aside...

Urby is really an awful person, like really really ******.

I know the board clutched their pearls about Kiffin’s red flags a few weeks ago, but Urby makes Lane look like a Humanitarian award winner in comparison in terms of off the field character.
Yea, Lane is more silver spoon immaturity that never grew up. Urban Meyer isn’t a good person.

sanford and son GIF
fred GIF

Golden did it for the cameras
I'll give another example. There was a lineman that Mack Brown had recruited about 13 years ago for Texas. He suffered a heart episode his senior year. Brown did not pull his scholarship, and he got onto to Texas for four years despite being unable to play. The right thing to do.

Not certain if some other coaches would have done that.

Advertisement
Not my point. Saban is comprehensively stroked by the media, including by a bunch of reporters who Saban has traditionally treated like ****, many of whom know that his success is a product of breaking the rules on an unprecedented scale. Yet, the guy is here doing Aflac commercials.

Openly berating a rookie in the open in front of reporters to the point the guy cries is way worse than anything being reported as part of this media campaign against Urbs.

This whole thing is an absolute joke. These are hit pieces. I'm not a fan of Urban per se. But I loathe hypocrisy and virtue signaling.
This is exactly how I feel. Urban is being targeted. I’m a Jag fan, never was a fan of Urban as a person but he’s obviously been a great college coach who’s seen a ton of success. I’m over the experiment and ready to move on at this point though. But there is definitely a hit out for Urban this year, no doubt about it.

This is exactly how I feel. Urban is being targeted. I’m a Jag fan, never was a fan of Urban as a person but he’s obviously been a great college coach who’s seen a ton of success. I’m over the experiment and ready to move on at this point though. But there is definitely a hit out for Urban this year, no doubt about it.

A hit? The motherfvcker has won 2 games. It would be a hit if someone was targeting a more successful coach.

Urban is just getting what he deserves, based on his performance.

The NFL is such a different game than college. The assumption that a guy who was successful in a sport where you literally recruit your own players will translate to a sport that's been set up for parity is terrible. On top of the roster differences, the rules are different and a lot of stuff that works in the college game will not fly in the NFL. Lastly, you're dealing with grown men who are collecting a paycheck. You better earn their respect before you start talking down to them like they're kids.
Nick Satan would like to speak with you

I am through calling coaches “the greatest ever” if they can’t cut it at the highest level.
Sagan-maybe greatest COLLEGE coach ever
Urban-Great college coach
Holtz-very good college coach

All failed or are failing miserably at the highest level where they have to coach on a level playing field of talent, and money.
Jimmy-Greatest coach ever. Period. Won at both levels and openly had 1 losing season (1st year with the Cowboys)

Same is true for basketball
Pitino-great college coach
Calipari-great college coach

Both were underwhelming at best in the NBA
Phil, Red, and Popovich-3 best coaches of all time and we can debate the order. Riley is just outside looking in.

Jimmy's coaching run from 1984 to 1993 might be the most remarkable in football coaching history.

And he left both Miami and the Cowboys ready to win more titles after he left

What he did is unprecedented

Advertisement
A hit? The motherfvcker has won 2 games. It would be a hit if someone was targeting a more successful coach.

Urban is just getting what he deserves, based on his performance.
Winning 2 games is par for the course here to be honest. It sucks to admit as a jag fan, but until we do something different, we are a bottom feeding organization that occasionally hits with a good team, like the Marlins without the championships.

I hate that I feel like I’m sticking up for Urban, because I’m not, I’ve never liked to guy. But he didn’t take over some middling team that needed to get over the hump. He took over the worst team in the league, with the least amount of player talent, the worst staff, the worst culture. We’ve always sucked, but no other coach (in Jax) has has ever been prescribed the medicine Meyer has been getting this year.

Is Meyer’s staff ‘his guys’?

Jimmy brought a number of his Miami staff to Dallas. No relationship issues that I recall.

Winning 2 games is par for the course here to be honest. It sucks to admit as a jag fan, but until we do something different, we are a bottom feeding organization that occasionally hits with a good team, like the Marlins without the championships.

I hate that I feel like I’m sticking up for Urban, because I’m not, I’ve never liked to guy. But he didn’t take over some middling team that needed to get over the hump. He took over the worst team in the league, with the least amount of player talent, the worst staff, the worst culture. We’ve always sucked, but no other coach (in Jax) has has ever been prescribed the medicine Meyer has been getting this year.
Urban has done it to himself...there is no hit out on him...he just can't control the narrative like he could in college because there isn't an institution wide bubble for him to operate in.

As soon as he was hired, he attempted to hire the Iowa Strength Coach that had just been fired for being a racist, and tried to avoid the media finding out, just sliding his name in there on a press release. Then he got billed by the league for having excessive contact during non-contact practice. Signing Tebow for the press. Having a ridiculous and unnecessary QB competition just for the press. Saying the quiet part out loud when it came to cutting players based on vaccination status.

This comes from an article just as the season started...

"He asks players to jog onto the practice field. He puts guys in competitive situations every chance he gets. He charts winners and losers for every drill. He gives no one a day off. It’s no doubt demanding." -- these are adults getting paid to do this. Had these players doing Oklahoma Drills during weekly practices. Might get guys to buy in with that if you're winning, but when you're losing - and not only losing, but badly, and embarrassingly...it won't work out so well for you.

Then the product on the field...from Game 1 forward, just an undisciplined group with a coaching staff that has no idea wtf they are doing. Zero. Looks like a mess every week. You know, you watch the games.

THEN we get to the off-field nonsense with the barfly, the continued ridiculous play on the field, his increasingly antagonistic demeanor, etc. The media is just taking what he's giving them.

Advertisement
All jokes aside...

Urby is really an awful person, like really really ******.

I know the board clutched their pearls about Kiffin’s red flags a few weeks ago, but Urby makes Lane look like a Humanitarian award winner in comparison in terms of off the field character.
I had to be his liaison at a coaching clinic when he was at UF and he was the most miserable coach I had to work with.

How does Urban Meyer have the clout at the professional level to do this? Those are professional athletes, many of whom I'd assume have won many more games at that level than him.

Advertisement
Understandable.

For me, the thing that stood out with Saban was the player convulsing in the hallway (heat exhaustion, I believe). Saban said nothing, walked over / past the player and went to his office. I'll compare that to Al Golden - who is highly criticized for aspects of his regime here - who rushed out onto the field to console that wide receiver in the Georgia Tech game in 2012 who had his foot turned around 180 degrees. Golden at the very least cared. A player was potentially in a life threatening situation, and Saban kept walking.
Golden was selling himself in everything he did and said.

He did this sht constantly at UF.
He made the players feel like trash and okayed mind games with most of them.

He's doing this all on purpose to get let go. Amp it up behind the scenes, deny in front, get fired, and head back to the next big college job telling people that he realized where his heart lies, and that's with grooming young men.

TrumpyCane never knew Urban was a pedo

Advertisement
Back