Some more stuff about Urban

Advertisement
The NFL is such a different game than college. The assumption that a guy who was successful in a sport where you literally recruit your own players will translate to a sport that's been set up for parity is terrible. On top of the roster differences, the rules are different and a lot of stuff that works in the college game will not fly in the NFL. Lastly, you're dealing with grown men who are collecting a paycheck. You better earn their respect before you start talking down to them like their kids.
See Nick Saban. Most people said this the minute he was hired that it wouldn’t work.

1639426194562.png

They went 1-15 the year before he got there. I think he has plenty of justification to say the GM sucks balls and the team is filled with losers.

He hired every one of the people on the coaching staff. He made his draft picks, signed his free agents, and kept the players on the roster that he wanted to keep. He spent the entire pre-draft process complaining that he couldn't take Trevor Lawrence AND Kyle Pitts. He spent the entire draft begging for Kadarius Toney and sulked when he couldn't draft him.

The reality is...at this level...HE is the loser. He stinks and doesn't know what he is doing.

Advertisement
he's mentally unstable and there are rumors he has been abusing substances.

he should not be coaching anywhere til he gets help.

Advertisement
See Nick Saban. Most people said this the minute he was hired that it wouldn’t work.
Nick Saban was actually decent in the NFL. I wish he'd give it another shot. Went 9-7 his first year and went 6-10 with Cleo Lemon as his QB in year 2. If he got the decision between Brees and Culpepper right then history would be much different

I can't even imagine being a grown man and going back to cry to my father about how mean my bosses were. I have been reasonably successful, in large part, because I went to work out of law school for a couple of the biggest, most demanding -- but brilliant -- ******** in the legal profession.
Or maybe...hear me out here, the player has a relationship with his father and they were discussing the sons profession and his work environment, crazy...I know, but

Advertisement
Advertisement
He let way too many great opportunities go by in a game he’s better suited for.
Could you imagine the S-storm that the coaching carousel would have been this year if Urban Meyer had been in the mix instead of the NFL? He'd probably be the coach at ND unless LSU had gobbled him up first.

Advertisement
Back