Some more stuff about Urban

So I’m good friends with the father of a Jaguars player.

The Urban stuff is being under reported.

Obviously this father is very ****ed off but just a taste:

Telling players “I’ve won and you guys haven’t”

Telling players “Tell me why I should care about you”

Telling players “I was brought here under false pretenses😳😳😳

Dragging assistant coaches IN THE locker room.

Openly questioning the GM.

This father of a guy who has been on 4 NFL teams “ my son hates him, says he’s never seen this sh** on any other team”

I have a soft spot for the Jags, but boy do I hate Urban Meyer — ask anyone who has worked for him, dude is a world class *******
This may be true, this may not be true....either way, there isn't much more I can hear about Urban that would further make me think he is a grade A POS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Jags are an hour from Gainesville. They didn't ask around because they didn't want to hear the truth.

There is that.

On the flipside...you're the Jaguars. You're a franchise that is perpetually juiceless. You have to take some risks and gamble a little bit sometimes. Sometimes its on high upside but risky players (like Jalen Ramsey), sometimes its on coaches (Urban Meyer in this instance). This gamble went about as poorly as anyone could have imagined. Its been a nightmare since Day 1. The man legitimately tried to hire a fresh off a firing for being a racist as one of his very first hires and tried to sneak it through the media without anyone noticing.

I can't even imagine being a grown man and going back to cry to my father about how mean my bosses were. I have been reasonably successful, in large part, because I went to work out of law school for a couple of the biggest, most demanding -- but brilliant -- ******** in the legal profession.

Advertisement
Seems like what makes most great college coaches make horrible NFL coaches.

Former player told me he got roasted by Urban and it ended up clicking for him after that. He told him he was the softest player he's ever been around and he regretted signing him, in front of the entire team... He played 8th years in the NFL after that.

That type of **** just comes off as the substitute teacher trying to lay down the law in the NFL.

he's trying to get Khan to fire him and take that golden parachute tohis bar where he can bust young *****...
what GIF

Advertisement
I can't even imagine being a grown man and going back to cry to my father about how mean my bosses were. I have been reasonably successful, in large part, because I went to work out of law school for a couple of the biggest, most demanding -- but brilliant -- ******** in the legal profession.
My father was not one to suffer fools gladly, but there were plenty of times I vented to him about a work situation and if I was remotely wrong, he made no bones about telling me. As a matter of fact, I'd have never gone to Miami if I hadn't vented about a work situation and found out about the company's tuition reimbursment plan and budget.

The NFL is such a different game than college. The assumption that a guy who was successful in a sport where you literally recruit your own players will translate to a sport that's been set up for parity is terrible. On top of the roster differences, the rules are different and a lot of stuff that works in the college game will not fly in the NFL. Lastly, you're dealing with grown men who are collecting a paycheck. You better earn their respect before you start talking down to them like they're kids.

Last edited:
I have family that played for Urban. Amazing coach, but he's a complete POS.

I've heard stories of him recruiting the **** out of a kids, signing the same kids, and then basically disowning them once he realized they aren't Percy Harvin.

He let way too many great opportunities go by in a game he’s better suited for.

Advertisement
Back