Some Ermon Lane Tidbits

Advertisement
no i wasn't dumbass. my point was that you guys claim all these coaches and players are getting paid but we know of one on the um staff who undoubtedly did, but i guess he became squeaky clean in a matter of a few months. cheerleaders like yourself was accusing him of paying off guys at fsu just a few months ago. unfortunatley for you, posts like those are still on this board to prove what a hyprocritical moron you are.

now go cry to the mods because your retardation is being exposed, funny how i haven't had an issue with anybody on this board but you two retards in this thread.

You may not have had a problem, but I would be willing to bet 90 percent of people here could care less if you got hit by a bus today and disappeared. The issue with you is, that you come on a rivals board and throw out blanket statements like " you guys think everyone is getting paid off by SEC teams". The fact of the matter is, there were literally only 4 people, going back to Dwayne ******* Bowe that were specifically mentioned, making your argument bull****. You gator ***gots come over here with your backhanded, undercutting sarcastic uninformed comments then can't understand why people have issues with you. I STILL can't imagine having the time to waste by going onto another team's bored and spending the amount of time you losers do over here. I really hope that job search is going well for you, so perhaps then you will spend less time over here.

who gives a ****? i probably have the same feelings about you, its a message board, we're not all on here to make friends and be just the tightest click ever. its entertainment and a way to pass the day. i'm not hitting any of you up asking to hang out and likewise for y'all to me.

and lol every other post you make reference to someone's job, yet you post on here as well, is your **** really that small? lemme guess, recently got a raise and think you're a big wig? as to the rest of your post...pure trash as usual. please go down the recruiting board as well as the football board and find all these underhanded comments. pretty sure i had plenty of negative things to say about my team in the uf-miami discussion thread. whiny *** homers like you just get upset when any opinion defers from your usual rah rah bull****.

pretty sure idiots like you were on here accusing kids like artie burns of being on the take when he committed to bama early as well, same with tracy howard the class before when it appeared he was heading out of state, how did that turn out for you? i called it retarded then as well, but i guess its easier to slander kids on a message board when you need an excuse as to why they may want to go to other schools.

Are you ******* illiterate in addition to being unemployed? I don't have to go down the recruiting board, I quoted you directly. It may not have been underhanded, but there was a litany of adjectives that I used to describe Gator ****** posters like yourself, I believe you are uninformed, or you are just too stupid and ******* lazy to go back and see that there is literally TWO players this cycle who board posters suspect are on the take, and I personally am not one of them. I have never expressed an opinion of whether any kid is on the take, because, just like you, I don't know ****. The only difference is I don't pretend to.

Last edited:
lol stfu if you claim i make underhanded comments all the time then wouldn't it be nice to provide a few examples? you must be a real clown in real life to come on a message board and throw insults like you're some bad ***. that's what anonymity does for people like you though. some scrawny, 150 lb. dude who has no voice in the real world gets to call someone a ****** fron behind a computer screen. and another job reference...how original. i'll ask again...is your **** really that small? just got a 30k a year job and think you're on top of the world? a whole lot of assumptions by you, you have a serious complex. and you're right about one thing...you don't know ****, as you've proven repeatedly, you just cheerlead.

lol stfu if you claim i make underhanded comments all the time then wouldn't it be nice to provide a few examples? you must be a real clown in real life to come on a message board and throw insults like you're some bad ***. that's what anonymity does for people like you though. some scrawny, 150 lb. dude who has no voice in the real world gets to call someone a ****** fron behind a computer screen. and another job reference...how original. i'll ask again...is your **** really that small? just got a 30k a year job and think you're on top of the world? a whole lot of assumptions by you, you have a serious complex. and you're right about one thing...you don't know ****, as you've proven repeatedly, you just cheerlead.

8.gif

Advertisement
There's also a faulty assumption that we "constantly miss on elite talent" in our backyard.

I never said Al was the problem. Al isnt the only recruiter/evaluator on the staff. The whole staff recruits and evaluates players for their respective positions/recruiting region. Im not going to list the kids we've missed on because everyone will just lose their mind & defend each loss. If you can't see we've missed on kids in our backyard, I'm not sure what to tell you. Has our recruiting been bad? Not at all. We still got elite talent like Artie burns and coley. Add Jamal carter in there too. We've gotten local kids to buy into our program which is on the rise. We also have made great OOS pickups in corn elder, Figueroa, Griffen, AQM, & Olsen just to name a few. Not to mention all this comes with the NCAA down our throats & coaches using that for negative recruiting. I just said we can justify the losses from our backyard but it's never good to miss on hometown players that can contribute heavily to your program within their first two years.

There's a HUGE difference between stating that we've missed on some elite talent in our backyard and what you stated in your prior post. You claimed that we "constantly" miss on elite talent in our backyard, and that's simply not true.

Listen here. We have ALWAYS "missed" on elite talent in our backyard. The great Freckled One, Bytch Davis, missed on plenty of local guys that we were all screaming about back in the day when he built the greatest roster in the history of college football. I'm one of those dudes who trusts The Don's evaluation and recruiting skills, so I'm not going to nitpick him "missing" a guy here or there, especially with all the money flying around down here trying to buy recruits and when you realize exactly how hard it's been for him recruiting against this ncaa **** for 2 plus years.

Take a big picture view. Realize that UM has won its NCs relying HEAVILY on out-of-state recruits. Realize that many of the best players in the history of the program were from outside S. FL. Realize the ncaa cloud will be gone soon, and the field will be significantly more level at that point. Everyone who knows the truth knows that The Don, if he's anything, is a MONSTER recruiter. We're in good hands.

You contradict yourself in your post. You state we don't constantly miss on elite talent, but then go on by saying we always miss on elite talent. Can you state those local guys that everyone was butchering butch for missing on when we won NCs? How do you know every kid we miss on is being bought? Lulz. Miami never heavily relied on talent from their backyard? That statement provides no validity. Looking back at the 2001 championship team, 24 out of 38 future draft picks were from the state of Florida. I never said "The Don" wasnt a good recruiter. He's missed on guys every single year. Its recruiting youre obviously going to miss but your statements contradict yourself. You trust Al & STAFF (He isn't the only one searching for kids & looking at tape) evalations, so do I. However, Al had Matt Thomas, Alex Collins, Stacy Coley, Tim Williams, Rashard Robinson, Jamal Carter, Jordan Shereit, Artie Burns, Bostwik, Kevin Olsen, Lavon Hooks, Jermaine Grace, & Keith Bryant at the top of his board. Did we not miss on 8 of those 13 players? Al & staff can recruit + evaluate. I never stated I didn't trust them, I'm just looking at the situation objectively. We will always miss on targets, but to constantly lose multiple elite guys from our backyard isnt good for the program. No matter what level of depth you have at a certain position. Last year was a bad year for us recruiting in our backyard & this year we are off to a good start. The kids are unheralded so they won't get the acclaim of a Joseph Yearby commit, or a khairi Clark commit to UF. Ill trust the staffs evaluations until it is proven we cant win with their recruits. You never looks at things objectively though so there's no point in going back and forth.

Apparently, you're another mentally-challenged poster. I only made it through the first couple sentences before getting bored by your sensitive rant, so I'll address those. First, I didn't contradict myself. I said that we have ALWAYS missed on some elite S. FL talent. I didn't say that we always miss on elite talent. By saying that we have always missed on some elite talent in our backyard, I am stating that it has happened forever at UM, not that we miss on every elite player. There's simply not enough room to take them all, and some guys want to leave no matter how good of a recruiter UM's coach is.

Second, it's never a good idea to give condescending LULZ to your cognitive superior. I never said that every player that we don't get is getting paid. Stop making stuff up and trying to use that to show how smart you are because you're not.

Third, you have no clue who was on The Don's "board". You've never seen his "board". And since when were Williams, Sherrit, Bostwick, and Hooks in our "backyard"? And if you're one of the mopes crying about losing Bryant, then I'll talk to you in 4 years when he's a proven bust.

First, of course you didn't read my whole argument because you only look at things one way. I never said we missed on ALL elite talent constantly, I even named the hits. You said and I quote "WE have ALWAYS missed on elite talent in our backyard." Before that your statement was "you said we constantly miss on elite talent, which is not true." Always and constantly are synonyms if you didn't know. Yes kids are going to leave I understand that & stated that. There's a difference between an "out" kid such as Matthew Thomas and guys like Amari Cooper & Alex Collins who we should've had.

Second, you're my cognitive superior but you're losing two arguements on this thread right now. Instead of trying to find falty points in the argument, you just make up lame nicknames for coaches/posters. You never stated that every player gets paid, but that excuse comes up from you every time we lose out on a kid early to an SEC school. I'm making up stuff to show I'm smart? There you go with the name calling again. That's laughable. If I cared so much what this board thought of me I wouldn't have started arguing with you & taking the "anti-UM" side. I countered your argument that our national championships teams relied more on OOS talent than in state. I then took the lastest national championship and looked at 38 nfl draft picks which gave the most contributions to the team. 24 of those players came from in state with about 15/16 coming from south Florida.

Third, no **** I've never seen Goldens board. When kids are highly ranked, & they state miami is recruiting me the hardest right now, do you think they're at the bottom of the board? I would think they would be at the top. I mean the #1 OLB & #1 RB in the nation are some of the kids I would put at the top of board especially if they're within a 45 minute vicinity of my campus. Williams, Sherrit, bostwik, and hooks aren't in our backyard. You said you trust goldens evaluations, and Al + staff was all recruiting those kids pretty **** hard. When did I cry about Bryant? Also, if you think trust Al's evaluations so much why are you saying he's going to be a bust? If Al thought the same as you wouldn't he have stopped recruiting him after he decommited from Miami?

That's it for me, you want to keep going go ahead, your arguments carry little substance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said Al was the problem. Al isnt the only recruiter/evaluator on the staff. The whole staff recruits and evaluates players for their respective positions/recruiting region. Im not going to list the kids we've missed on because everyone will just lose their mind & defend each loss. If you can't see we've missed on kids in our backyard, I'm not sure what to tell you. Has our recruiting been bad? Not at all. We still got elite talent like Artie burns and coley. Add Jamal carter in there too. We've gotten local kids to buy into our program which is on the rise. We also have made great OOS pickups in corn elder, Figueroa, Griffen, AQM, & Olsen just to name a few. Not to mention all this comes with the NCAA down our throats & coaches using that for negative recruiting. I just said we can justify the losses from our backyard but it's never good to miss on hometown players that can contribute heavily to your program within their first two years.

There's a HUGE difference between stating that we've missed on some elite talent in our backyard and what you stated in your prior post. You claimed that we "constantly" miss on elite talent in our backyard, and that's simply not true.

Listen here. We have ALWAYS "missed" on elite talent in our backyard. The great Freckled One, Bytch Davis, missed on plenty of local guys that we were all screaming about back in the day when he built the greatest roster in the history of college football. I'm one of those dudes who trusts The Don's evaluation and recruiting skills, so I'm not going to nitpick him "missing" a guy here or there, especially with all the money flying around down here trying to buy recruits and when you realize exactly how hard it's been for him recruiting against this ncaa **** for 2 plus years.

Take a big picture view. Realize that UM has won its NCs relying HEAVILY on out-of-state recruits. Realize that many of the best players in the history of the program were from outside S. FL. Realize the ncaa cloud will be gone soon, and the field will be significantly more level at that point. Everyone who knows the truth knows that The Don, if he's anything, is a MONSTER recruiter. We're in good hands.

You contradict yourself in your post. You state we don't constantly miss on elite talent, but then go on by saying we always miss on elite talent. Can you state those local guys that everyone was butchering butch for missing on when we won NCs? How do you know every kid we miss on is being bought? Lulz. Miami never heavily relied on talent from their backyard? That statement provides no validity. Looking back at the 2001 championship team, 24 out of 38 future draft picks were from the state of Florida. I never said "The Don" wasnt a good recruiter. He's missed on guys every single year. Its recruiting youre obviously going to miss but your statements contradict yourself. You trust Al & STAFF (He isn't the only one searching for kids & looking at tape) evalations, so do I. However, Al had Matt Thomas, Alex Collins, Stacy Coley, Tim Williams, Rashard Robinson, Jamal Carter, Jordan Shereit, Artie Burns, Bostwik, Kevin Olsen, Lavon Hooks, Jermaine Grace, & Keith Bryant at the top of his board. Did we not miss on 8 of those 13 players? Al & staff can recruit + evaluate. I never stated I didn't trust them, I'm just looking at the situation objectively. We will always miss on targets, but to constantly lose multiple elite guys from our backyard isnt good for the program. No matter what level of depth you have at a certain position. Last year was a bad year for us recruiting in our backyard & this year we are off to a good start. The kids are unheralded so they won't get the acclaim of a Joseph Yearby commit, or a khairi Clark commit to UF. Ill trust the staffs evaluations until it is proven we cant win with their recruits. You never looks at things objectively though so there's no point in going back and forth.

Apparently, you're another mentally-challenged poster. I only made it through the first couple sentences before getting bored by your sensitive rant, so I'll address those. First, I didn't contradict myself. I said that we have ALWAYS missed on some elite S. FL talent. I didn't say that we always miss on elite talent. By saying that we have always missed on some elite talent in our backyard, I am stating that it has happened forever at UM, not that we miss on every elite player. There's simply not enough room to take them all, and some guys want to leave no matter how good of a recruiter UM's coach is.

Second, it's never a good idea to give condescending LULZ to your cognitive superior. I never said that every player that we don't get is getting paid. Stop making stuff up and trying to use that to show how smart you are because you're not.

Third, you have no clue who was on The Don's "board". You've never seen his "board". And since when were Williams, Sherrit, Bostwick, and Hooks in our "backyard"? And if you're one of the mopes crying about losing Bryant, then I'll talk to you in 4 years when he's a proven bust.

First, of course you didn't read my whole argument because you only look at things one way. I never said we missed on ALL elite talent constantly, I even named the hits. You said and I quote "WE have ALWAYS missed on elite talent in our backyard." Before that your statement was "you said we constantly miss on elite talent, which is not true." Always and constantly are synonyms if you didn't know. Yes kids are going to leave I understand that & stated that. There's a difference between an "out" kid such as Matthew Thomas & guys like Amari Cooper & Alex Collins who we should've had.

Second, you're my cognitive superior but you're losing two arguements on this thread right now. Instead of trying to find falty points in the argument, you just make up lame nicknames for coaches/posters. You never stated that every player gets paid, but that excuse comes up from you every time we lose out on a kid early to an SEC school. I'm making up stuff to show I'm smart? There you go with the name calling again. That's laughable. If I cared so much what this board thought of me I wouldn't have started arguing with you & taking the "anti-UM" side. I countered your argument that our national championships teams relied more on OOS talent than in state. I then took the lastest national championship and looked at 38 nfl draft picks which gave the most contributions to the team. 24 of those players came from in state with about 15/16 coming from south Florida.

Third, no **** I've never seen Goldens board. When kids are highly ranked, & they state miami is recruiting me the hardest right now, do you think they're at the bottom of the board? I would think they would be at the top. I mean the #1 OLB & #1 RB in the nation are some of the kids I would put at the top of board especially if they're within a 45 minute vicinity of my campus. Williams, Sherrit, bostwik, and hooks aren't in our backyard. You said you trust goldens evaluations, and Al + staff was all recruiting those kids pretty **** hard. When did I cry about Bryant? Also, if you think trust Al's evaluations so much why are you saying he's going to be a bust? If Al thought the same as you wouldn't he have stopped recruiting him after he decommited from Miami?

That's it for me, you want to keep going go ahead, your arguments carry little substance.

14.jpg

Serious question for ya, 'Chise:

Have you ever once lost an argument?

Advertisement

First, of course you didn't read my whole argument because you only look at things one way. I never said we missed on ALL elite talent constantly, I even named the hits. You said and I quote "WE have ALWAYS missed on elite talent in our backyard." Before that your statement was "you said we constantly miss on elite talent, which is not true." Always and constantly are synonyms if you didn't know. Yes kids are going to leave I understand that & stated that. There's a difference between an "out" kid such as Matthew Thomas and guys like Amari Cooper & Alex Collins who we should've had.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not really sure why Im even responding but again, go back and ******* READ bro. I said gator ***gots LIKE YOU who come on here and make underhanded comments. I even went on and said that while your comment may not have been underhanded, it was uninformed blanket statement. And, yeah I may not know ****, but that's why I come on this board A ******* HURRICANES MESSAGE board to get informed. Instead I have to wade through your useless drivel. At least ISLURPTHISPLACE brings us articles and tweets. His ***gotry is at least paid in full. You bring nothing.

Advertisement
WR isn't a position of need but when you constantly miss on elite talent in your backyard it's going to go against you in the long run.

If WR isn't a position of need then missing on Lane will have no effect in the long run. If Lane wanted Miami then he should jump onboard. Not worried about him at all.

Losing a top, local recruit is always an area of concern.

You can't lose what you don't have. Maybe you should get angry over a HS player not choosing to be a Cane?

Lane is good but he won't have any effect on Miami if he doesn't choose to play here. You chicken littles get all bent out of shape over the jimmies and joes...

WR isn't a position of need but when you constantly miss on elite talent in your backyard it's going to go against you in the long run.

If WR isn't a position of need then missing on Lane will have no effect in the long run. If Lane wanted Miami then he should jump onboard. Not worried about him at all.

Say we miss on Lane & Rudolph this year to UF, & Devonte Phillips + Shawn Burgess Becker next year. Your argument states that we are deep at WR we don't need them, while we might be deep at WR the depth will start dwindling down quickly. Not saying we are going to miss on them but I was just proving an example.

In your opinion these players are can't miss. Your opinion means exactly what? I'm pretty sure Golden just landed Coley and Griffin in the past class? What were you saying about talent dwindling? Don't we already have Langham onboard in this class? What he's no good now? Thought we were in the running for Dixon, Rudolph, and Lane in this class? Oh we've always missed out on them because you clowns are chicken littles? If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle...

It's the beginning of July and we're two months away from football season and you guys are already *****ing and moaning as if Golden has missed out on all these players but yet he has more verbals than we've had in a decade at this point in time? Yeah... full ****** ahead gentlemen!

Since we're playing the what if game... What IF Miami beats the **** out of UF and FSU during this season and does big things?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's a fact not many know...Back in the days of the 80s/90s, out of Miami, FSU and UF, Miami had the last amount of in-state kids on those rosters. During that time, Miami usually averaged 60-65% of their roster being from the state of florida. FSU and UF were in the 75-85% consistently. Of those Miami in-state ones, usually about 50% were from sofla. In fact, that 2001 team - ~57% of the roster came from in state. Of those in-state kids, roughly 60% came from sofla (Dade/Broward). I would wager that the amount of out of/in state ratio has flipped significantly in favor of in-state over the last 10+ years. Not saying that's a cause, but I would wager that there is a statistical correlation b/w demo and winning %.

Not sure why it takes six pages to reach an obvious conclusion: we should not, and cannot, lose out on elite prospects--like Lane--when they're in our backyard. I'm tired of all of the lame excuses about payments that are only made to kids who don't choose us. So tired and boring.

I'm not really sure why Im even responding but again, go back and ****ing READ bro. I said gator ***gots LIKE YOU who come on here and make underhanded comments. I even went on and said that while your comment may not have been underhanded, it was uninformed blanket statement. And, yeah I may not know ****, but that's why I come on this board A ****ING HURRICANES MESSAGE board to get informed. Instead I have to wade through your useless drivel. At least ISLURPTHISPLACE brings us articles and tweets. His ***gotry is at least paid in full. You bring nothing.

10.gif

Here's a fact not many know...Back in the days of the 80s/90s, out of Miami, FSU and UF, Miami had the last amount of in-state kids on those rosters. During that time, Miami usually averaged 60-65% of their roster being from the state of florida. FSU and UF were in the 75-85% consistently. Of those Miami in-state ones, usually about 50% were from sofla. In fact, that 2001 team - ~57% of the roster came from in state. Of those in-state kids, roughly 60% came from sofla (Dade/Broward). I would wager that the amount of out of/in state ratio has flipped significantly in favor of in-state over the last 10+ years. Not saying that's a cause, but I would wager that there is a statistical correlation b/w demo and winning %.

That's why people who ***** and moan about South FL ballers don't get it. Let the coaches do there job and get the right players to fit their system from all over the nation. Fans may think they know but they have no clue what all it takes to develop a roster to a championship level. Also, our fans don't have any clue who's on the board, who's silents and who aren't, and how many players taking and who's on their way out.

Nobody knew about Corn or Griffin but there isn't a single fan who wouldn't add those two to our roster.

Advertisement
Back