Sobering assessment of this years team (by Barry Jackson, so you already know...)

Advertisement
Barry has been riding this horse for years, dovetailing it with an overall narrative that Miami “isn’t what it used to be.” I have as much of a problem with that mode of thinking as I do with anything else in the article, and here’s why:

Do you know what group perpetually asks if Miami is “back”? The group that never lets the program escape its own shadow, who is *constantly* comparing them to one of the most legendary eras of all time — AND makes a point of diminishing every positive improvement the program makes because “that ain’t like the U of old”?

It’s not the freaking fans, it’s the fart-sucking media. Every single time Miami shows a sign of life it’s compared to the Impossible Standard of the past. I’m freaking better adjusted to reality than Barry is, because I have zero expectation of us becoming like 00-02 ever again. Do I think we could win a Natty again? Sure, maybe. But I’m not calling 2021 DOA because some suit who probably left Greg Rousseau off his draft board because he sat out a year tell me I should be “sober-minded” about our pro prospects. B*tch I’m a Miami fan, all I am is sarcastic, cynical and sober minded. Sober-minded is our default setting after 20 years of disappointment and ineptitude.

Nah, ***** Barry and his sauces. Guy has gone to war against UM far more times than he’s fought for them. And ***** all the media constantly calling the program a failure because it isn’t getting 6 guys drafted in the first round. I don’t meant to be this ugly about a game but good lord I’m sick of getting blamed for screaming “FIVE RANGZ” when it’s the media who puts us on a pedestal one week and pulls it out from under us the next week.
Putting all the Barry stuff aside, I think it is a fair assessment of where we stand today as a team. Two more top 10 classes in a row and we will then be in the talent discussion with the rest of the top 10.

Advertisement
The article is a waste , there’s a bunch of nfl guys on this roster. More than enough to win 10-11 games. I could care less about first rounders. We’re an older , more mature team which we never have , one of the most veteran teams in cfb. Thats more than enough.
Anyone who can’t see this for themselves is a waste of your time. We have NFL talent on offense (and I mean playing in the NFL next year) at:
Tight end
Receiver
O-line
running back
possibly Quarterback if he gets a chance

on defense (next year playing in the NFL) at:
cornerback
safety
possibly d-tackle and d-end but we will have to see

If we can’t win 10-11 games with that much pro talent, our coaches are retarded. So, so, so few teams that we will play will have as much pro talent as us.
Bama
No other team on our regular season schedule.

This scouts name must be Jarry Backson. Out one side of his mouth he says he’s not nearly the same athlete as Kyler Murray but out the other side of his mouth says he needs to try slot receiver.

Steelers wouldn’t let this scout through the **** email let alone the front door smh.

Attachments

• A2D895D0-CB1A-4911-B2CC-E7D12B20E6EC.jpeg
    A2D895D0-CB1A-4911-B2CC-E7D12B20E6EC.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Facts are we cant start with a thousand bone head penalties. We cannot trot out players who are not ready for this stage...which means we should've hit the portal. Lastly, if you watch Mannys interviews you'll see he still says "the team is learning how to..." NOT GOOD.
Maybe because the head coach is still learning how to.

Advertisement
Why would he even publish this? There's no reason for this type of negativity right now. This is the type of thing you'd publish after we went like 6-6 or something, if this team ends up being good then he's going to look like a dumbass. Hopefully the teams uses it as bulletin board material.

I feel like he said we don't have enough NFL-ready talent to be a top 12 team. Playoff team, ok - but top 12? Are there 12 teams in college football who will have multiple players drafted in the first round? I think we can win the Coastal and finish in the top 10 with a very good college football team that does not have a lot of guys highly drafted next year.

Advertisement
We have a bunch of guys who are more than likely mid round guys this year, 3rd-5th type projections, where Zion gives us a shot at 1st or 2nd. Hard to put out multiple first rounders regularly when you struggle to win 10 games and win your division like we do.
Right on-How many of those top 10 position guys would be in the top 10 if they played on losing teams.

Advertisement
Draft eligible players for the coming Draft is the dumbest gauge of talent I’ve ever heard of. I guess players like LT, Kam Kinchens, Don Chaney, Xavier Restrepo, Jalen Rivers and Chantz Williams are all dog food since they can’t get drafted next year. FOH.
Not dog food, but none of them have done anything on a college field to even suggest they are future stars. Most of them won’t even start this year, so whats your point?

I think angry people will miss the point here. We have tons of talent but quite a few upperclassmen are meh talents which is what the article focuses on. We have hope but anyone who thinks guys like Carter and hall are anything better than average on a good day is a foo
Not expecting much from Carter but Hall absolutely has upside and scouts agree. Hall is going to start. Carter is not.

I don't think the scout said anything bad. Unless I'm missing something, the Top 10 stuff seems to be Barry's opinion.

I agree with the scout's breakdown of Day 2 vs. Day 3 guys, although I think Mallory will jump to Day 2 if healthy. The scout left the caveat that guys could rise by playing and testing well. The name that is missing is Tyrique Stevenson. He can be our highest-rated player with a good year. Big, physical, instinctual and explosive with modern versatility and great testing.

Advertisement
Back