Sobering assessment of this years team (by Barry Jackson, so you already know...)

Advertisement
Advertisement
This Barry Jackson article quotes an NFL scout and basically says we do not have nearly the talent needed to finish in the top 10.

Hard to argue his points.

little girl good job GIF

Advertisement
Facts are we cant start with a thousand bone head penalties. We cannot trot out players who are not ready for this stage...which means we should've hit the portal. Lastly, if you watch Mannys interviews you'll see he still says "the team is learning how to..." NOT GOOD.

I think angry people will miss the point here. We have tons of talent but quite a few upperclassmen are meh talents which is what the article focuses on. We have hope but anyone who thinks guys like Carter and hall are anything better than average on a good day is a foo
The article is a waste , there’s a bunch of nfl guys on this roster. More than enough to win 10-11 games. I could care less about first rounders. We’re an older , more mature team which we never have , one of the most veteran teams in cfb. Thats more than enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am not sipping the Kool-Aid here by any stretch, but this assessment seems not only like evidence tampering (if he's a current scout) or an ex former player who looks at all modern UM teams as absolute piles of ****. Alonzo? I bet anything it was Alonzo hahahah Barry isnt that connected.

The scout doesn’t sound like he actually went to practice and observed the team. Who cares about when guys get drafted we could possibly have 10 players drafted and the key is a lot of those guys have younger players behind them pushing for time.

The article is a waste , there’s a bunch of nfl guys on this roster. More than enough to win 10-11 games. I could care less about first rounders. We’re an older , more mature team which we never have , one of the most veteran teams in cfb. Thats more than enough.
True but this year there are "super seniors" on every team. We are not the only team with a bunch of starters returning.

Advertisement
Back