So you're Mark Richt

Its not like Perry and Weldon were suspended by the NCAA and Richt got screwed over because of it. Richt knew what the QB situation and willingly shot himself in the foot along with the rest of the team in order to make himself feel morally superior to the elite coaches who work around suspending their players.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with feeling morally superior, etc.. How do you think other players would feel if these guys were not disciplined. Good grief, you do not reward nor ignore bad behavior or not following the rules regardless or there would be a good chance you would totally lose control of the team. I don't care how talented Perry may be, I personally feel he should sit the pine until he gets serious and puts in the work.

Advertisement
So he shouldn't suspend his players if they don't follow team rules or allegedly smoke pot and party and not go to classes? Generally coaches try to curb behavior that may get them kicked off the team.

So if you were the coach you would just hand over the keys to Perry and cross your fingers that he studies the fil mad doesn't get kicked off the team for grades or something else?

Jameis Winston and Manziel pulled it together in college. No he should not.

I agree with that completely. But we don’t have Lincoln Riley, and we’re not going to have him.

Michigan’s offense has improved tremendously since last season. The one main thing that changed is they now have a good QB.

If Rick doesn’t hire a good OC, then we are clearly fcked unless Williams can do for us what Patterson has done for Michigan’s offense.
I agree that we need a QB (#anyonebutRosier) but watching a Michigan game last week and the commentators said the turnaround was completely due to Harbaugh changing the offense to Patterson's strength and ability. I don't see Richt changing the offense for anything, not even schematically against each defense's weaknesses.

Richt is making decisions for the best of the team but there are people here who are gonna hate everything he does no matter what. There is a small percentage of posters who are always miserable yet super vocal on the forum. Useless to try and reason with them.

That's all true. What's also true is that none of it negates the fact that Richt has made a gigantic mess for himself and us.

Advertisement
Has nothing whatsoever to do with feeling morally superior, etc.. How do you think other players would feel if these guys were not disciplined. Good grief, you do not reward nor ignore bad behavior or not following the rules regardless or there would be a good chance you would totally lose control of the team. I don't care how talented Perry may be, I personally feel he should sit the pine until he gets serious and puts in the work.

Ya Urban, Dabo, Jimbo, and Saban all lost control of their team by avoiding suspending key players. Great point.

Advertisement
He looked pretty prepared against Florida State. Now he gets pulled against Virginia in a knee-jerk reaction and we are back to defaming the kid. What he needs to do is keep his head straight and not let the bull**** get to him because his competition will afford him another opportunity to take the job back.

I have no problem yanking a QB who’s obviously clogged up with defensive skeems rotating zone coverages, camouflage man to zone coverages along with the play being called in confuses his read then the balls snapped the coverages flip flopped.

After being pulled then get QB mind reloaded with a clean mental state and a view from sideline of the field in game speed asking him what coverages are on the field to the play called.

Once rebooted so to speak put QB back in with couple pass plays to build confidence.

Any this is what I would think would have worked better.

Keeping in mind GROWING PAINS ARE TO OCCUR

GOCANES

I agree with that completely. But we don’t have Lincoln Riley, and we’re not going to have him.

Michigan’s offense has improved tremendously since last season. The one main thing that changed is they now have a good QB.

If Rick doesn’t hire a good OC, then we are clearly fcked unless Williams can do for us what Patterson has done for Michigan’s offense.

I think you and I are both more or less on the same page, which is that we don't need Lincoln Riley; that is what is so frustrating. This schedule is absolute trash and our biggest rival is a gigantic dumpster fire. We're making it hard on ourselves for no reason whatsoever. I can still tolerate and accept Richt as a CEO type who focuses on the big picture-- recruiting South FL, face of the program, etc. I would even still buy into him being successful in that role. But, he must absolutely have a coming to Jesus moment for the second time in his life and realize that for most teams, college or professional, the head coach and coordinators are separate roles purposefully.

There's nothing more emblematic of the situation he has put himself in in the number of 4th down attempts we've made this year. Yes, it is playing to win and being aggressive, but at the same time it would be so easy for him to find himself on a legitimate 1st and 10 the easy way.

We cane fans should be happy today don't have cuss the tv out over cmrs offense.we won't lose today.next weekend don't count on it.fact hydration with koolaid needs to start Monday to cope with it.

L-O-L

I laugh at posters continually coming up w rhyme & or reason to justify anything Richt & Richt are doing here.

I’ve now heard, ‘but, but, but the OL is struggling b/c too many Golden players.’
Ummm, why hasn’t the DL struggled w Golden’s players?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Richt can’t open up his playbook b/c of QB play?’
It’s year 3 for Rosier and year 2 for Weldon and Perry. That’s called lack of de-velop-ment.

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Perry doesn’t study film.’
If that’s the case, what is his position coach doing? And why is it only the QBs are having these “mental lapse?” Furthermore, if this was a known issue, y didn’t u go after a grad transfer?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but we have QBs on the roster; there’s no need to go after a QB for 2019 like Richt Jr said.’
Ha-Ha-Ha & Ha. How does that theory look?

Richt is getting paid $4m to b the head coach of a program w a prestigious history. This is not a hobby. This is not a get-a-way vacation. This is not a trip down memory lane to re-live nostalgic moments as a student once upon a time. This is a business.

If ur going to be paid like a CEO, then act as such. This is not a mom & pop organization where u can hand out jobs to ur unqualified kid, watch ur wife hand out water, look at ur grand kids run around on the side lines, while handing out summer jobs to local kids u saw grow up.

The “don’t worry, be happy; it’s paradise” schtick is over. Get a real QB coach to groom our true future, J Williams. Go after some talent for 2019. Stop worrying about ur inaccurate nephew in 2020 and go after a real, top prospect. Get rid of the OL corch; and for God’s sake, go after a real OC who know about calling plays this side of 2010.

No more excuses, no more blaming players. If The Def can get their chit together, then obviously it’s not a player issue, it’s a coaching and development issue on the other side of the ball.

You sir, are speaking my language and the TRUTH.
It’s not hard to see that it’s a coaching, development issue with ALL THE QB’s.

Advertisement
the reality is that this might be Frank Costa-Ryan Collins all over again. Two very flawed guys that do certain things better than the other but not really good, regardless...
Right now, it looks like Kirby Freeman versus himself. Both these QBs have gigantic problems, and we don’t have a good offensive mind like Erickson to help them.

I wasn’t lol. I’m absolutely serious...he would’ve found another gig somewhere if he really wanted to coach again.

I’m really interested in the guy from Utah State or Grimes from BYU.
So you’re going off a hunch on Dorsey? What would make him such a highly sought after OC? His never doing it before, or his training under the illustrious Mike Stoola? LOL

It’s year 3. This dilemma is of richts own doing. Why do we expect anything different moving forward?
same thing that happens with every fanbase, they put excuses for the HC. Then when the inevitable happens they slowly disappear and change there handles to the next coaches name therefore never knowing who they are.

Advertisement
I agree that we need a QB (#anyonebutRosier) but watching a Michigan game last week and the commentators said the turnaround was completely due to Harbaugh changing the offense to Patterson's strength and ability. I don't see Richt changing the offense for anything, not even schematically against each defense's weaknesses.
I don’t care what the announcers said. Hypebaugh’s offense has been trash for a few years. Now it’s good because he has a capable QB.

All they’ve done with Patterson is use more read option. They haven’t broken any ground offensively or gone to the Air Raid

Perry isn’t a runner, and he’s too frail to be a regular runner anyway.

Not going to insinuate anything about perry, but as someone who lives on campus, he’s someone you see buying bagel bites and gummy bears at 3am from outtakes.
-someone who also buys bagel bites at 3am

same thing that happens with every fanbase, they put excuses for the HC. Then when the inevitable happens they slowly disappear and change there handles to the next coaches name therefore never knowing who they are.
I don’t see a single credible person making excuses for Rick on here. Most smart people are merely acknowledging 3 things: a. Rick isn’t getting fired; b. Rick is washed as an OC; and c. Both QBs are trash right now.

So even if Perry is this secret QB savant that you guys think he is or would be under a different coach, it doesn’t matter because Rick isn’t going anywhere. So, Perry either needs to be much better, or we need to hope Williams is the guy who can overcome Rick’s garbage offense.

The Perry who played against UVA isn’t beating anyone left on the schedule no matter how much you guys hate Rosier and Rick. Hating those 2 and longing for a dried up prune Booch (who never won anything either) isn’t going make Perry a better QB.

Not going to insinuate anything about perry, but as someone who lives on campus, he’s someone you see buying bagel bites and gummy bears at 3am from outtakes.
-someone who also buys bagel bites at 3am
Glad you said you’re not going to insinuate anything right before insinuating he’s a pot head. If you hadn’t used that deft disclaimer I would’ve concluded Perry is a late night party guy.

Advertisement
Back