So you're Mark Richt

I don’t see a single credible person making excuses for Rick on here. Most smart people are merely acknowledging 3 things: a. Rick isn’t getting fired; b. Rick is washed as an OC; and c. Both QBs are trash right now.

So even if Perry is this secret QB savant that you guys think he is or would be under a different coach, it doesn’t matter because Rick isn’t going anywhere. So, Perry either needs to be much better, or we need to hope Williams is the guy who can overcome Rick’s garbage offense.

The Perry who played against UVA isn’t beating anyone left on the schedule no matter how much you guys hate Rosier and Rick. Hating those 2 and longing for a dried up prune Booch (who never won anything either) isn’t going make Perry a better QB.
so we basically fuqed....I agree with this

Advertisement
so we basically fuqed....I agree with this
Pretty much. Our only real hope is that Rick loves UM more than he wants to validate himself as a play caller and brings in a skilled OC, who isn’t a puppet and who will spread the field out and take full advantage of the massive skill talent we have available down here.

I’m absolutely convinced that a guy like Kendall Briles would transform the offense overnight.

Pretty much. Our only real hope is that Rick loves UM more than he wants to validate himself as a play caller and brings in a skilled OC, who isn’t a puppet and who will spread the field out and take full advantage of the massive skill talent we have available down here.

I’m absolutely convinced that a guy like Kendall Briles would transform the offense overnight.
It would be a good sign if he admits it, theres rumors out ther but i think thats fan rumors (about getting an OC next year) If he doesnt do this man we are screwed

Sooo basically if we’re a Gm you would’ve have also paid Gruden 100 million dollars..wtf are we handing Butch Davis a blank check when NOBODY ELSE IN CFB WORLD EVEN LOOKS IN HIS DIRECTION!? I get what he did here in the 90s. But that was almost 20 years ago man. CFB is not the same.

Well the question was "what would you do it you were Mark". The first and proper option would be to just hand his own job and contract over to Butch but I am assuming Mark, like his mentor Bobby Bowden, is more concerned with his son's job than the program, so he would not quit. Paying Butch would then be his only chose because if Butch isn't getting the HC job, he will want a lot of money.

Now what I would do, not what Mark would do, is promote Mark to AD where his gentle character is a major plus, Then I would steal Butch from FIU and get this train rolling. Granted we might still have the same game day crap we are seeing now but the talent on the sideline would be growing geometrically both in players and their development and also in the coaching staff. Do you realize how many of Butch's assistants went to college HC jobs, the NFL and eventually HC jobs in NFL spotting talented players was not Butch's only great skill.

Well the question was "what would you do it you were Mark". The first and proper option would be to just hand his own job and contract over to Butch but I am assuming Mark, like his mentor Bobby Bowden, is more concerned with his son's job than the program, so he would not quit. Paying Butch would then be his only chose because if Butch isn't getting the HC job, he will want a lot of money.

Now what I would do, not what Mark would do, is promote Mark to AD where his gentle character is a major plus, Then I would steal Butch from FIU and get this train rolling. Granted we might still have the same game day crap we are seeing now but the talent on the sideline would be growing geometrically both in players and their development and also in the coaching staff. Do you realize how many of Butch's assistants went to college HC jobs, the NFL and eventually HC jobs in NFL spotting talented players was not Butch's only great skill.
But why won’t any major program touch Butch. If he is saban like. He’s this god that u seem to believe him to be. Yet nobody wants him. Raiders have jon gruden. We have Butch Davis

Advertisement
But why won’t any major program touch Butch. If he is saban like. He’s this god that u seem to believe him to be. Yet nobody wants him. Raiders have jon gruden. We have Butch Davis

Clearly Butch have some taint on him from the UNC's administration's horrible scandal, but there is another reason. Butch is not Saban. His true magic works at Miami and maybe nowhere else. Heck, he might not ever win another NC for us, but what a team he would leave after we flew another banner to fire him. Even Mark could win one with it, **** Coker did. We could have had Butch cheap and still can.

All that said, Saban might not be so good at somewhere other than Bama. If Bama's administration, donors and fans EVER got their hands on the old Miami program, they would never lose a game. The commitment and history there is second to none. That is the program we dethroned. Now they sit on the throne again. The huge difference between the two programs is that our success was do to our kids and fans not the donors, a great coach or the administration. THE U is unique in that regard. Five titles with 4 different HCs in 20 years, nobody can touch that.

Clearly Butch have some taint on him from the UNC's administration's horrible scandal, but there is another reason. Butch is not Saban. His true magic works at Miami and maybe nowhere else. Heck, he might not ever win another NC for us, but what a team he would leave after we flew another banner to fire him. Even Mark could win one with it, **** Coker did. We could have had Butch cheap and still can.

All that said, Saban might not be so good at somewhere other than Bama. If Bama's administration, donors and fans EVER got their hands on the old Miami program, they would never lose a game. The commitment and history there is second to none. That is the program we dethroned. Now they sit on the throne again. The huge difference between the two programs is that our success was do to our kids and fans not the donors, a great coach or the administration. THE U is unique in that regard. Five titles with 4 different HCs in 20 years, nobody can touch that.
Broooo back up..if saban never left LSU they would have been today’s bama. Yes saban has support but he earned that support. He took over bama at a time ppl questioned could they ever dominate like they did b4. And took that **** to another level. Saban would win at ANY major program

same thing that happens with every fanbase, they put excuses for the HC. Then when the inevitable happens they slowly disappear and change there handles to the next coaches name therefore never knowing who they are.

IMO, Richt is too much of a narcissist to do this. Who do some stuff based on 'faith and prayer' and not real pragmatic though

He looked pretty prepared against Florida State. Now he gets pulled against Virginia in a knee-jerk reaction and we are back to defaming the kid. What he needs to do is keep his head straight and not let the bull**** get to him because his competition will afford him another opportunity to take the job back.

With all due respect, he looked unprepared for the FSU game too. He had 18 yards in 1Q. That is not getting it done. Not quite the disaster VA was but still not good. And to be clear I’m not endorsing Rosier either. Can’t stand his play.

Advertisement
IMO, Richt is too much of a narcissist to do this. Who do some stuff based on 'faith and prayer' and not real pragmatic though
Exactly K9

I have no hope in him doing it....most of these guys have egos man. What chise says is right but i just dont have hope in the HC looking in the mirror

Exactly K9

I have no hope in him doing it....most of these guys have egos man. What chise says is right but i just dont have hope in the HC looking in the mirror

People conflate his Bible thumping for modesty or humility. All I say is that actions speak louder than words

People conflate his Bible thumping for modesty or humility. All I say is that actions speak louder than words
I don’t think he’s modest or humble at all. And I’d put the chances of him admitting failure as the play caller and rectifying it at about 5%. It’s really our only chance to be anything other than a 9 or 10 win Vag Tech type of team.

I don’t think he’s modest or humble at all. And I’d put the chances of him admitting failure as the play caller and rectifying it at about 5%. It’s really our only chance to be anything other than a 9 or 10 win Vag Tech type of team.

Yeah, and he really thinks prayer and faith will get him through things like this

So yeah, it is what it is

Advertisement
Yeah, and he really thinks prayer and faith will get him through things like this

So yeah, it is what it is
God dont care about no **** football lol, he has to take action MR on his own he cant sit there fuqin waiting. Blork Jormes better step in and say some **** his job could be riding on it later down the road.

weldon sucks. williams isnt ready and perry is a slacker. but this is all jon richt and mark richts problem. you cant make a kid learn a playbook though.
Sorry but It is Jon and Mark Richt fault. They recruited all three quarterbacks and have fail to successfully recruit anyone this year. As much as l had defended Richt in the past, it is now it is painfully evident that I was wrong and the offense and specially the qb position have regressed under Richt.

Advertisement
L-O-L

I laugh at posters continually coming up w rhyme & or reason to justify anything Richt & Richt are doing here.

I’ve now heard, ‘but, but, but the OL is struggling b/c too many Golden players.’
Ummm, why hasn’t the DL struggled w Golden’s players?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Richt can’t open up his playbook b/c of QB play?’
It’s year 3 for Rosier and year 2 for Weldon and Perry. That’s called lack of de-velop-ment.

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Perry doesn’t study film.’
If that’s the case, what is his position coach doing? And why is it only the QBs are having these “mental lapse?” Furthermore, if this was a known issue, y didn’t u go after a grad transfer?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but we have QBs on the roster; there’s no need to go after a QB for 2019 like Richt Jr said.’
Ha-Ha-Ha & Ha. How does that theory look?

Richt is getting paid $4m to b the head coach of a program w a prestigious history. This is not a hobby. This is not a get-a-way vacation. This is not a trip down memory lane to re-live nostalgic moments as a student once upon a time. This is a business.

If ur going to be paid like a CEO, then act as such. This is not a mom & pop organization where u can hand out jobs to ur unqualified kid, watch ur wife hand out water, look at ur grand kids run around on the side lines, while handing out summer jobs to local kids u saw grow up.

The “don’t worry, be happy; it’s paradise” schtick is over. Get a real QB coach to groom our true future, J Williams. Go after some talent for 2019. Stop worrying about ur inaccurate nephew in 2020 and go after a real, top prospect. Get rid of the OL corch; and for God’s sake, go after a real OC who know about calling plays this side of 2010.

No more excuses, no more blaming players. If The Def can get their chit together, then obviously it’s not a player issue, it’s a coaching and development issue on the other side of the ball.
Relly.....you took the words right out my mouth!!! Man!! Continue to preach the facts!! Richt needs to man up and make some tough decisions to right this ship before it finally hit the Iceberg!!

Last edited:
4 TD, 0 INT running an offense where there are nothing but vertical routes where he either gets killed or pulls off a 50-50 ball.

You guys want to keep making this about Perry to make you feel better about the coaching situation, but this is the fourth coach in a row where I've seen all I need to see. And what I see is a coach letting his players down.
I hate it when Richts family members jump on the board in his defense! What is playing out in real time we saw too many times before and don't need to see the ending to know how this is going to end!! To add to this horror show, they extended the contract of this horrific movie producer, AD literally throwing money away once again!!

Last edited:
Mark Richt can't hear you. He is in his swimming pool right now enjoying that 4 million dollar salary.

tenor (1).gif

Advertisement
Back