So you're Mark Richt

Its not like Perry and Weldon were suspended by the NCAA and Richt got screwed over because of it. Richt knew what the QB situation and willingly shot himself in the foot along with the rest of the team in order to make himself feel morally superior to the elite coaches who work around suspending their players.

Regardless of how I personally feel about the situation - this is a friggin PORST if i’ve ever seen one. Holy ****.

Advertisement
BC. I’d start Malik and play Perry after second stalled drive
Duke. I’d start Perry.
GT. I’d start Perry. Cade is new #2, and I’d actually design drives for him and play him about three drives
Malik would not see field after BC

I’d call Kendal Briles’s agent to see if he’d like to be OC next season for $600K

If that wasn’t solid, I’d demote my son immediately, and hire Ken Dorsey as OC-QBC. Dorsey can take over play calling in 2020.
You should really get off the Kendal train my friend. Dude was part of the biggest systematic rape on a college campus. you think CMR is going to touch that dude? probably not.

Ken Dorsey huh? You want to give the reins to a guy who has never called plays before and couldn't only get hired by his college coach at FIU after being an NFL QB coach for 5 years? I like Dorsey and have seen him coach up close and personal, but i feel like something is off with Ken. You don't go from a QB coach for 5 years to not being able to get a job that quick

Making a phone call to Kelly Fookin Bryant. An then another call to Kendal Da Gawd Briles.

And you come into this season hoping one of your backup QBs steps up and then Perry is suspended the first game of the season and even then you try and get him to focus and he may have to a degree and plays decent in his first few stints but then doesn't (allegedly) put in the work to prepare for Virginia and is utterly confused once he gets out there. You get word from upstairs that Perry is lost and not reading the coverage so you either pull him or he throws up half a dozen picks.

The game is now over and Weldon is suspended, Perry is johnny manziel and not putting in the work (without the results) and Williams may not be there yet (you're not totally sure because he hasn't had much time with the 1s since you were trying to ride Perry).

Who do you go with? Do you reward Perry for not taking this serious? Do you even think about Weldon considering his off the field issues? Do you throw Williams in even though he has not been prepared? Or do you try and ride Malikand hope Perry wakes up to try and save the year? I honestly think MR has no choice and while he is hoping for Perry I am convinced that they will try and find a transfer QB this offseason to help bridge to the Williams era unless Perry just grows up overnight.

Someone close to Perry needs to pull him to side and tell him to start living in the film room or his career may be over, kid has the talent but no QB succeeds without the proper work ethic.
Do like the big boy programs and suspend Perry for Savannah State, not LSU. It wouldn’t have mattered because he had 8 months to prepare for that game and all 3 facets looked like ****

Advertisement
He looked pretty prepared against Florida State. Now he gets pulled against Virginia in a knee-jerk reaction and we are back to defaming the kid. What he needs to do is keep his head straight and not let the bull**** get to him because his competition will afford him another opportunity to take the job back.
13 for 32,, semi-prepared..

The only bigger train wreck than Richt’s O is Perry. Talented, but evidently too lazy to get off his butt and take the job. Man, that job is there for the taking.

Here’s what I don’t get. Williams at one point in spring looked like he was a lock for the #2 spot. Fall camp starts and he’s at #4 with no chance to get reps with the ones. Rosier was named the starter with Perry and Weldon at co #2. I still don’t understand what happened there. I had a bad feeling about it then, and now I just shake my head.

If I'm Mark Richt. I know what the problem is. I haven't been on the sidelines at all this season. No wonder we look like ****.

weldon sucks. williams isnt ready and perry is a slacker. but this is all jon richt and mark richts problem. you cant make a kid learn a playbook though.

Advertisement
I pointed out when all the "Perry is the Savior" porsters were calling for him: It was obvious that no matter who was the coach, that if he wasn't on the field during that 4-game slide, or wasn't able to take the job during spring or fall; it was for one reason (Not a suspension); It was because he wasn't ready. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that.

An air apparent QB whose been in the system for this long, but still doesn't have the playbook down (based on how confused he looked in his starts), has failed the system by not putting in the work and developing-not the other way around.

Now, having two or three QBs in the system at the same time, that can't run an effective offense, and all having such developmental problems at the same time, well, that's definitely a program/recruiting issue. Richt had a reputation as a QB whisperer - he needs to start shouting.

L-O-L

I laugh at posters continually coming up w rhyme & or reason to justify anything Richt & Richt are doing here.

I’ve now heard, ‘but, but, but the OL is struggling b/c too many Golden players.’
Ummm, why hasn’t the DL struggled w Golden’s players?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Richt can’t open up his playbook b/c of QB play?’
It’s year 3 for Rosier and year 2 for Weldon and Perry. That’s called lack of de-velop-ment.

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but Perry doesn’t study film.’
If that’s the case, what is his position coach doing? And why is it only the QBs are having these “mental lapse?” Furthermore, if this was a known issue, y didn’t u go after a grad transfer?

I’ve heard, ‘but, but, but we have QBs on the roster; there’s no need to go after a QB for 2019 like Richt Jr said.’
Ha-Ha-Ha & Ha. How does that theory look?

Richt is getting paid $4m to b the head coach of a program w a prestigious history. This is not a hobby. This is not a get-a-way vacation. This is not a trip down memory lane to re-live nostalgic moments as a student once upon a time. This is a business.

If ur going to be paid like a CEO, then act as such. This is not a mom & pop organization where u can hand out jobs to ur unqualified kid, watch ur wife hand out water, look at ur grand kids run around on the side lines, while handing out summer jobs to local kids u saw grow up.

The “don’t worry, be happy; it’s paradise” schtick is over. Get a real QB coach to groom our true future, J Williams. Go after some talent for 2019. Stop worrying about ur inaccurate nephew in 2020 and go after a real, top prospect. Get rid of the OL corch; and for God’s sake, go after a real OC who know about calling plays this side of 2010.

No more excuses, no more blaming players. If The Def can get their chit together, then obviously it’s not a player issue, it’s a coaching and development issue on the other side of the ball.

13 for 32,, semi-prepared..

4 TD, 0 INT running an offense where there are nothing but vertical routes where he either gets killed or pulls off a 50-50 ball.

You guys want to keep making this about Perry to make you feel better about the coaching situation, but this is the fourth coach in a row where I've seen all I need to see. And what I see is a coach letting his players down.

Advertisement
And you come into this season hoping one of your backup QBs steps up and then Perry is suspended the first game of the season and even then you try and get him to focus and he may have to a degree and plays decent in his first few stints but then doesn't (allegedly) put in the work to prepare for Virginia and is utterly confused once he gets out there. You get word from upstairs that Perry is lost and not reading the coverage so you either pull him or he throws up half a dozen picks.

The game is now over and Weldon is suspended, Perry is johnny manziel and not putting in the work (without the results) and Williams may not be there yet (you're not totally sure because he hasn't had much time with the 1s since you were trying to ride Perry).

Who do you go with? Do you reward Perry for not taking this serious? Do you even think about Weldon considering his off the field issues? Do you throw Williams in even though he has not been prepared? Or do you try and ride Malikand hope Perry wakes up to try and save the year? I honestly think MR has no choice and while he is hoping for Perry I am convinced that they will try and find a transfer QB this offseason to help bridge to the Williams era unless Perry just grows up overnight.

Someone close to Perry needs to pull him to side and tell him to start living in the film room or his career may be over, kid has the talent but no QB succeeds without the proper work ethic.

He can ride with Rosier if he wants, but if we lose another game, it's time to blow up the season and go with Williams and a bunch of other underclassman...season becomes an audition for next year.

So he shouldn't suspend his players if they don't follow team rules or allegedly smoke pot and party and not go to classes? Generally coaches try to curb behavior that may get them kicked off the team.

So if you were the coach you would just hand over the keys to Perry and cross your fingers that he studies the fil mad doesn't get kicked off the team for grades or something else?
Don’t waste your time with the “we need goons” crew. They don’t understand building teams or programs. All they care about is who can throw the ball farther. They cling to their stupidity like a baby koala to his mom’s teet.

For all of those blaming everyone but Perry for his "non development" - reading defense etc. - there's a saying that's very applicable here:

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Laugh all you want. The kid has been on campus since June/July 2017. It was obvious pretty early on from everything I have read that he was VERY lacking in football IQ. Particularly where it relates to reading the defense. He has been in practice and in film rooms with not only coaches but other QBs. By his own words, Malik has continually helped him both on the sidelines and in camp/practice, understand what he is seeing. He has always known what the opportunity is - to be the starting QB- and he has always known what he needed to do to get there. At what point does he own his performance????? Maybe the fact is he will never be up to the level of understanding that is needed to succeed at this level of football. IDK.

The off field issues are another story. What surprises me the most is there are still problems - especially after the suspension for the LSU game. To me, that should have put on all the light bulbs. No one is saying you can't be a kid and a student as well as a starting QB - but you HAVE to use discretion. And be smart. It almost seems like he doesn't care.

IMO, it's time for him to own his career. No more excuses. And no more putting blame on everyone else.
Bingo ... but it’s alarming though since richt “handpicked” him

Advertisement
So Mark Richt get's a pass on the total dumpster fire on his side of the ball?? Why nothing of this nature is going on on the defense side of the ball? And why is it only with the QBs that we're hearing about multiple people getting in trouble or they're not working hard? Why are we trying to cover for Richt? Or is Richt just making a mountain out of a mold hill just to cover from his lack of developing his QBs??

Lots of questions on the table!!
Everyone agrees it’s on Rick. But other than quitting at midseason, which he’s not going to do, smart people are discussing viable solutions.

4 TD, 0 INT running an offense where there are nothing but vertical routes where he either gets killed or pulls off a 50-50 ball.

You guys want to keep making this about Perry to make you feel better about the coaching situation, but this is the fourth coach in a row where I've seen all I need to see. And what I see is a coach letting his players down.
Semi prepared IS about coaching.
I said nothing about Perry, just the stats.
None of the QBs are being coached up..

Advertisement
Back