So you're Mark Richt

Advertisement
4 TD, 0 INT running an offense where there are nothing but vertical routes where he either gets killed or pulls off a 50-50 ball.

You guys want to keep making this about Perry to make you feel better about the coaching situation, but this is the fourth coach in a row where I've seen all I need to see. And what I see is a coach letting his players down.

Should’ve been 5-0 had Cager not dropped another catch but I digress

He did?

P. S. FSU’s pass defense has been an abomination all year, and everyone’s stack counting hero went for 40% on them.

I'm watching an Oklahoma team, led by a guy who wasn't born when Richt started coaching offensive football, spread a defense out and move their playmakers around, and none of what they're doing is very profound. I can guarantee you that if we took even half of what they're doing for their quarterback, and did those favors for ours, that completion percentage would be a ton higher. And that actually goes for either one of them.

Should’ve been 5-0 had Cager not dropped another catch but I digress

Yes the one crossing route we threw all day to take advantage of the part of the field they weren't covering. I wonder why they weren't covering it? Oh that's right because we never challenge it. When Arranda said told a national TV reporter everything we do is, "an RPO or down field pass, there is no short-to-intermediate passing game" the light should have gone off somewhere, for somebody on our offensive staff. He wasn't joking. And, PS that is the DC we tried to hire first!!! Hello!!!!

L-O-L

No more excuses, no more blaming players. If The Def can get their chit together, then obviously it’s not a player issue, it’s a coaching and development issue on the other side of the ball.
Come on Richt prove us wrong, shut us up, I'll happily eat crow if we start playing real kick *** Canes football.

Advertisement
It’s beyond depressing watching this offense. I mean we wait more than half the year to witness this? I am just beyond tired of this **** with these low IQ HCs and assistants. When is Rick going to get around to finally fixing the special teams as well?

My friend in Athens said Rick’s special teams in those last years at Georgia were a complete and total disaster as well..

BC. I’d start Malik and play Perry after second stalled drive
Duke. I’d start Perry.
GT. I’d start Perry. Cade is new #2, and I’d actually design drives for him and play him about three drives
Malik would not see field after BC

I’d call Kendal Briles’s agent to see if he’d like to be OC next season for $600K

If that wasn’t solid, I’d demote my son immediately, and hire Ken Dorsey as OC-QBC. Dorsey can take over play calling in 2020.
Ken isn’t interested in coaching anymore. He’s fully invested in the AD gig.

Yes the one crossing route we threw all day to take advantage of the part of the field they weren't covering. I wonder why they weren't covering it? Oh that's right because we never challenge it. When Arranda said told a national TV reporter everything we do is, "an RPO or down field pass, there is no short-to-intermediate passing game" the light should have gone off somewhere, for somebody on our offensive staff. He wasn't joking. And, PS that is the DC we tried to hire first!!! Hello!!!!

Good lookin. Totally forgot about that small piece. Even commentators were calling out plays and u can see Aranda on the side line smirking and shaking his head on the stops.

He was throwing to the right receivers.
How do you know?

And you can throw to “the right” receiver and be late because you’re indecisive. If you don’t think being unprepared can hurt your accuracy, then I don’t know what to say. It’s useless carrying on the conversation.

Advertisement
I'm watching an Oklahoma team, led by a guy who wasn't born when Richt started coaching offensive football, spread a defense out and move their playmakers around, and none of what they're doing is very profound. I can guarantee you that if we took even half of what they're doing for their quarterback, and did those favors for ours, that completion percentage would be a ton higher. And that actually goes for either one of them.
I agree with that completely. But we don’t have Lincoln Riley, and we’re not going to have him.

Michigan’s offense has improved tremendously since last season. The one main thing that changed is they now have a good QB.

If Rick doesn’t hire a good OC, then we are clearly fcked unless Williams can do for us what Patterson has done for Michigan’s offense.

yeah, but it's all about the offensive line. thats all it is --- the offensive line

How do you know?

And you can throw to “the right” receiver and be late because you’re indecisive. If you don’t think being unprepared can hurt your accuracy, then I don’t know what to say. It’s useless carrying on the conversation.
what did you see to make u think his accuracy issue was due to being ill prepared.

If I was Mark, I would bring Butch across town, laid a signed blank check on the table and ask him to take coaching position to handle recruiting and player development.
Sooo basically if we’re a Gm you would’ve have also paid Gruden 100 million dollars..wtf are we handing Butch Davis a blank check when NOBODY ELSE IN CFB WORLD EVEN LOOKS IN HIS DIRECTION!? I get what he did here in the 90s. But that was almost 20 years ago man. CFB is not the same.

Advertisement
For all of those blaming everyone but Perry for his "non development" - reading defense etc. - there's a saying that's very applicable here:

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Laugh all you want. The kid has been on campus since June/July 2017. It was obvious pretty early on from everything I have read that he was VERY lacking in football IQ. Particularly where it relates to reading the defense. He has been in practice and in film rooms with not only coaches but other QBs. By his own words, Malik has continually helped him both on the sidelines and in camp/practice, understand what he is seeing. He has always known what the opportunity is - to be the starting QB- and he has always known what he needed to do to get there. At what point does he own his performance????? Maybe the fact is he will never be up to the level of understanding that is needed to succeed at this level of football. IDK.

The off field issues are another story. What surprises me the most is there are still problems - especially after the suspension for the LSU game. To me, that should have put on all the light bulbs. No one is saying you can't be a kid and a student as well as a starting QB - but you HAVE to use discretion. And be smart. It almost seems like he doesn't care.

IMO, it's time for him to own his career. No more excuses. And no more putting blame on everyone else.
But what if Jr. can’t lead that horse to the water, but to the ***tplile, instead?

He looked pretty prepared against Florida State. Now he gets pulled against Virginia in a knee-jerk reaction and we are back to defaming the kid. What he needs to do is keep his head straight and not let the bull**** get to him because his competition will afford him another opportunity to take the job back.
He was terrible against Florida state. He led no long drives. All his TUBs were off TOs and he missed throws that y’all would kill 12 for. We won that game off the backs of the D

what did you see to make u think his accuracy issue was due to being ill prepared.
I saw him throw the ball right to UVA defenders. Along with a UNC defender. Along with a FIU defender. Along with a ******* sav st drfender

Advertisement
For all of those blaming everyone but Perry for his "non development" - reading defense etc. - there's a saying that's very applicable here:

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Laugh all you want. The kid has been on campus since June/July 2017. It was obvious pretty early on from everything I have read that he was VERY lacking in football IQ. Particularly where it relates to reading the defense. He has been in practice and in film rooms with not only coaches but other QBs. By his own words, Malik has continually helped him both on the sidelines and in camp/practice, understand what he is seeing. He has always known what the opportunity is - to be the starting QB- and he has always known what he needed to do to get there. At what point does he own his performance????? Maybe the fact is he will never be up to the level of understanding that is needed to succeed at this level of football. IDK.

The off field issues are another story. What surprises me the most is there are still problems - especially after the suspension for the LSU game. To me, that should have put on all the light bulbs. No one is saying you can't be a kid and a student as well as a starting QB - but you HAVE to use discretion. And be smart. It almost seems like he doesn't care.

IMO, it's time for him to own his career. No more excuses. And no more putting blame on everyone else.
He looked pretty prepared against Florida State. Now he gets pulled against Virginia in a knee-jerk reaction and we are back to defaming the kid. What he needs to do is keep his head straight and not let the bull**** get to him because his competition will afford him another opportunity to take the job back.

With all due respect, he looked awful in FSU game. Not the level of disaster of VA game b/c he managed not to turn the ball over. I think the kid got some skills but he doesn’t have a clue what he his doing, maybe it’s coaching, scheme or the kid is have trouble picking it up. He only had 18 yards in the 1st Q, he did nothing in the first half. We were extremely lucky our D got those turn overs deep in FSU territory and pull that game out. And this is in no way an endorsement of Rosier. I can’t stand watching him play. Both QBs are trash.

With all due respect, he looked awful in FSU game. Not the level of disaster of VA game b/c he managed not to turn the ball over. I think the kid got some skills but he doesn’t have a clue what he his doing, maybe it’s coaching, scheme or the kid is have trouble picking it up. He only had 18 yards in the 1st Q, he did nothing in the first half. We were extremely lucky our D got those turn overs deep in FSU territory and pull that game out. And this is in no way an endorsement of Rosier. I can’t stand watching him play. Both QBs are trash.

the reality is that this might be Frank Costa-Ryan Collins all over again. Two very flawed guys that do certain things better than the other but not really good, regardless...

IF you aren’t being sarcastic, my next call goes to Yost, then Helfrich.
I wasn’t lol. I’m absolutely serious...he would’ve found another gig somewhere if he really wanted to coach again.

I’m really interested in the guy from Utah State or Grimes from BYU.

Advertisement
Back