So, Syracuse isn't horrible......

Advertisement
Cuse has a really good QB and a really good WR. If we come to play we should win by something like 48-24 but if we half *** we might only win by something like 30-24.

Cuse is solid and they don't go away. They are really slow though. If richards is back, he will torch them.

I've watched Syracuse a bit this year - they're good. They deserve our full attention. You don't beat Clemson by being a fluke.

1. GT was a "completely different offense" and they were kept in check, just like everyone else.

2. Mr. Babers is a great offensive coach and he knows how to coach an offense. That is for sure. Ishmael (local) can play and will get the ball.

3. Our secondary has issues, that is obvious. Those issues were there this week and prior. The D has held teams in check.

4. Perhaps our offense can show up and play for 4 quarters. Cuse doesn't have a top-25 D (38th in Total D, 55th in Scoring D). Now it is time to they roll. Who is going to stop Homer, Herndon, Langham and Berrios? Does Cuse have the speed to stop Thomas?

GT's offense also played into our strength a little more. Our front 7 dominated. I'm worried about our DBs against their offense. We should be ok as long as we get pressure, but we need Redwine back.

Of course our current DBs are liabilities and you’re right about that.

But what more do you want the D to do during ACC play?

Only average single digits allowed? Less than 300 YPG?

Nothing, and I never said I wanted them to do anything more. I just said Syracuse would test them, which they will.

So just maintain the status quo. I understand, I am not trying to be a douche BTW (but I am one).

And how about the offense? If you just want the defense to continue as they’ve been playing, what so you want to see from the offense?

The offense can't keep settling for field goals. We left a lot of points on the table against GT by not sticking the ball in when we were in the redzone.

Advertisement
Syracuse beating Clemson, plays in our favor because now, we will not overlook them. Also, us winning in the last seconds the past two weeks, also helps breed a 3W mentality 'We Will Win'

It's a huge difference in believing that we can win versus knowing you will win.

Clemson team that lost it's qb during the game. I like our chances. if they don't lose him probably a different outcome.

I know you're a douche, that's what I love about you. From the offense, I want to see what everyone wants to see. More consistency. No more jump balls unless it's to Langham on 4th down or with 6 seconds left. More Herndon.

Not just "a douche", the biggest douche.

So was GT and they scored 17 (averaged 36.5) and 289 yards (averaged 479).

There is no doubt Mr. Babers is a good offensive coach but this D has shown up in ACC play.

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289 (Before today they averaged 479 YPG and 36.5 PPG)
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 14.34
Yards Allowed: 348
Turnovers Forced: 1.34
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

If you're only allowing less than 15 PPG and 350 YPG, it isn't hard to win games.

I was starting to get a little down on the defense but this is pretty eye-opening. Thanks.

Our issues truly lie on the offensive side of the ball.

Is the defense perfect, no. Do they have some issues (mostly with the DBs), sure. But what more do you want them to do against these opponents?

I think it is obvious where the serious issues are with this team, but everyone has their own opinion/as$hole.

Advertisement
Time for dean to step up and make a name for himself. Hopefully pick isn't hurt bad and hopefull Delaney and redwine are available. I think at home we will be able to limit them to 28 or less. We will score 30 plus points.

GT's offense also played into our strength a little more. Our front 7 dominated. I'm worried about our DBs against their offense. We should be ok as long as we get pressure, but we need Redwine back.

Of course our current DBs are liabilities and you’re right about that.

But what more do you want the D to do during ACC play?

Only average single digits allowed? Less than 300 YPG?

Nothing, and I never said I wanted them to do anything more. I just said Syracuse would test them, which they will.

So just maintain the status quo. I understand, I am not trying to be a douche BTW (but I am one).

And how about the offense? If you just want the defense to continue as they’ve been playing, what so you want to see from the offense?

The offense can't keep settling for field goals. We left a lot of points on the table against GT by not sticking the ball in when we were in the redzone.

Absolutely.

I saw the Syracuse VS Clemson game and well I was really impressed with Syracuse QB Dungey he can pass the ball really good which is why he is ranked 14th in the nation in passing yards, their defense is decent but not great and well seeing their schedule I noticed all their losses were under 10 points which tells me this could be a close game due to Miami having so many injuries but I still see the Canes winning this one in either a close game or blow out one.

Advertisement
Defense was impressive yesterday.

Syracuse is another good test for them.

We should be able to score on them easily though.

We should have been able to score easily on GT but didn’t. The offense cannot afford to take the first half off again next weekend. They’ve gotta come out and feed homer and attack the middle of the field with Herndon and shallow crosses. Don’t think we’ve seen a crossing route since Richards scored against Duke.

I saw the Syracuse VS Clemson game and well I was really impressed with Syracuse QB Dungey he can pass the ball really good which is why he is ranked 14th in the nation in passing yards, their defense is decent but not great and well seeing their schedule I noticed all their losses were under 10 points which tells me this could be a close game due to Miami having so many injuries but I still see the Canes winning this one in either a close game or blow out one.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to win by 30 or to win by 3. I will say Cuse beating Clemson makes me lean towards a 30 pt win as CUse won't play at that level 2 weeks in row . I wouldn't be shocked to see the same Cuse team that got beat by MIddle Tenn this season .

Advertisement
Communication in the secondary has to be on point with Syracuse wide open offense and the tempo they run it with.

Front 4 shows up and dominates it shouldn't be an issue.

Unrelated note: can we get a blowout so we can rest some guys in the 3rd/4th quarters? With no bye week we'll need some extra rest here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't wait until the 2nd half to wake up. Need an offensive scheme that gets Rosier easy throws and rhythm early. We really need Redwine back.

Advertisement
Back