So, Syracuse isn't horrible......

Wash, rinse, repeat. There are no "easy" games left, both UVA and Cuse will bring a challenge. I fully expect the kid from Cuse to have about 200yds receiving, but I also fully believe we'll "tough" out a victory. This team is just that, "tough", not something we've been able to say about the program in a long time.
We had no business winning yesterday, you can call it luck, but if not for a BS call we wouldn't have even needed the catch.
GT's QB had 19 carries for 18 yards!
This. The reality is that there are no more “gimme’s” on our schedule. Pitt is probably the worst team remaining and they’re not just going to roll over. I’m concerned that these slow first half starts are going to bite us in the *** at some point.

Advertisement
I think Cuse beating Clemson means they aren't getting over looked by the team. They offense can score on anyone, but we should be able to score at will also. Maybe this a game where our base is Nickel.

Everytime when people freak out over opponents I say.....i like our personnel matchups against them. And now I like our coaching staff matching up as well. Not bulletproof from losing, we almost gave GT the game with that dumb onside kick. But we'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wash, rinse, repeat. There are no "easy" games left, both UVA and Cuse will bring a challenge. I fully expect the kid from Cuse to have about 200yds receiving, but I also fully believe we'll "tough" out a victory. This team is just that, "tough", not something we've been able to say about the program in a long time.
We had no business winning yesterday, you can call it luck, but if not for a BS call we wouldn't have even needed the catch.
GT's QB had 19 carries for 18 yards!
This. The reality is that there are no more “gimme’s” on our schedule. Pitt is probably the worst team remaining and they’re not just going to roll over. I’m concerned that these slow first half starts are going to bite us in the *** at some point.

Pitt and UNC suck, combined they're 3-11 (0-7). Those are the only road games remaining too.

If you wanted to rank the remaining opponents (Strongest to Weakest):

1. VT

2. ND

-------------------- After here there is a drop off

3. UVA

4. Cuse

5. @ Pitt or @ UNC (Maybe it is UNC if we're looking ahead to VT)

- We will be the favorites in every game
- It would not shock me if VT is top 10 when we play them. ND may be top 10 as well.
- UVA could also be top 15 if they continue how they're playing

I think Cuse beating Clemson means they aren't getting over looked by the team. They offense can score on anyone, but we should be able to score at will also. Maybe this a game where our base is Nickel.

Usually you overlook a team when you have a challenging opponent the week after. We play UNC on the road after Cuse. UNC is garbage. That game is more of one you might overlook with VT coming after UNC.

Advertisement
Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. Based on the highlights I've seen Toledo is a more talented team, fwiw. Their top WR Ishmael wouldn't see the field at Miami, they can't run the ball and they rely heavily on Dungey making plays outside of structure.

I predict 31-13.

Wrong on their WR. One of the top guys in the country and the best one we will face this year. Clemson could not do anything to stop him. They played a lot of 1 on 1 and this guy demands a double team. The QB just lobs many of them up to him and he consistently comes down with it.

Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. Based on the highlights I've seen Toledo is a more talented team, fwiw. Their top WR Ishmael wouldn't see the field at Miami, they can't run the ball and they rely heavily on Dungey making plays outside of structure.

I predict 31-13.

Are you saying...we're a trap game?

Advertisement
If the QB for Clemson isn’t injured they lose that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong on their WR. One of the top guys in the country and the best one we will face this year. Clemson could not do anything to stop him. They played a lot of 1 on 1 and this guy demands a double team. The QB just lobs many of them up to him and he consistently comes down with it.

Maybe I'm wrong because I've only seen highlights but he looks like a poor man's Allen Hurns to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrzhzwVe-M

5 catches for 43 yards on comebacks and quick hitches. 30 yard TD outrunning a slow safety who was out of position on a zone blitz.

Cody Thompson is more dynamic and Auden Tate is better but QB play limited his impact.

Advertisement
Wear them out in the heat. That's a big weapon for us.

They're a very good explosive offensive team with an excellent QB. Ishmael is going to want to put on a show for us not signing him.

I'm hoping we can squash Dungey because he takes a lot of hits and has gotten dinged up a lot in the past.

If we put Knowles on the field, they will feast in the throw game.

That also lost to Middle Tennessee, so there's that.

Yep. And GT lost to UT and played no one before us.

When analyzing teams you're better off watching them play and not attempting to use transitive properties. That SU team that beat Clemson was a **** good team. They play like that (they probably won't), and it's going to be a long tough battle.

The offense needs to have a good game. Inconsistent so far they will need to have much better rhythm and put togueter a complete game.
Need to score at least 30.

Advertisement
Clemson's offense was a shadow of itself with Bryant hobbled and eventually pulled out of the game after taking a blow to the head. And I don't know what was up with Clemson's defense. But they played flat and were out of position on several key plays. I thought I saw Robert Knowles out there playing for Clemson on one Cuze TD pass that no one covered.

I think we handle the Orangemen like we handled Duke. Just beat them with sound football. Ishmael is their one weapon that worries me. Hopefully Young and Jackson are up for the challenge.

Clemson's offense was a shadow of itself with Bryant hobbled and eventually pulled out of the game after taking a blow to the head. And I don't know what was up with Clemson's defense. But they played flat and were out of position on several key plays. I thought I saw Robert Knowles out there playing for Clemson on one Cuze TD pass that no one covered.

I think we handle the Orangemen like we handled Duke. Just beat them with sound football.

Clemson definitely didn't show up to play. But that SU team showed it can beat anyone if you don't show up. There are no gimmies in the ACC anymore. It's a grind every week. Closest thing to a gimmie is Pitt this year.

Let's keep in mind Syracuse gave up 35 points to the offensive juggernaut LSU.

(Yes, I know they will get up for us, transitive property blah.)

Kill them with homer & easy throws. Keep their O on the sideline. Malek Young follows Ishmael around all day. Also im in PA & it's about 40 degrees out if I had to play in 90 & humid I'd probably die. Use it.

Advertisement
Back