So, Syracuse isn't horrible......

Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. .

I was thinking about this. When was the last time Syracuse defeated top 10 teams in consecutive weeks? It has been decades probably.

They should have a mental let down after their emotional win.

All that said, we need to get more efficient in the redzone & near the goalline in order to blow them out.

Advertisement
We’re lucky if we hold them under 21 points, let’s be honest. Those guys have an offense, and are flying high!

Don't Gus da Bus play dare now? Dis could turn out to be like a Texas Death Match.

Advertisement
Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. Based on the highlights I've seen Toledo is a more talented team, fwiw. Their top WR Ishmael wouldn't see the field at Miami, they can't run the ball and they rely heavily on Dungey making plays outside of structure.

I predict 31-13.

Spot on. I LOVE getting them a week after they already busted their nut and having to go on the road. Said it immediately following their win Friday night- bet the house on Miami no matter how much Vegas over/under-values that Clemson win.

Completely different offense. Our secondary is going to be tested. SU has one of the best WRs in the nation in Ishmael. Guy has 62 catches for 802 yards this season already. If we don't have Pickney, Delaney and Redwine, it's going to be a tough game. Never said we wouldn't win. It'll be a tough game.

1. GT was a "completely different offense" and they were kept in check, just like everyone else.

2. Mr. Babers is a great offensive coach and he knows how to coach an offense. That is for sure. Ishmael (local) can play and will get the ball.

3. Our secondary has issues, that is obvious. Those issues were there this week and prior. The D has held teams in check.

4. Perhaps our offense can show up and play for 4 quarters. Cuse doesn't have a top-25 D (38th in Total D, 55th in Scoring D). Now it is time to they roll. Who is going to stop Homer, Herndon, Langham and Berrios? Does Cuse have the speed to stop Thomas?

GT's offense also played into our strength a little more. Our front 7 dominated. I'm worried about our DBs against their offense. We should be ok as long as we get pressure, but we need Redwine back.

Of course our current DBs are liabilities and you’re right about that.

But what more do you want the D to do during ACC play?

Only average single digits allowed? Less than 300 YPG?

Completely different offense. Our secondary is going to be tested. SU has one of the best WRs in the nation in Ishmael. Guy has 62 catches for 802 yards this season already. If we don't have Pickney, Delaney and Redwine, it's going to be a tough game. Never said we wouldn't win. It'll be a tough game.

1. GT was a "completely different offense" and they were kept in check, just like everyone else.

2. Mr. Babers is a great offensive coach and he knows how to coach an offense. That is for sure. Ishmael (local) can play and will get the ball.

3. Our secondary has issues, that is obvious. Those issues were there this week and prior. The D has held teams in check.

4. Perhaps our offense can show up and play for 4 quarters. Cuse doesn't have a top-25 D (38th in Total D, 55th in Scoring D). Now it is time to they roll. Who is going to stop Homer, Herndon, Langham and Berrios? Does Cuse have the speed to stop Thomas?

GT's offense also played into our strength a little more. Our front 7 dominated. I'm worried about our DBs against their offense. We should be ok as long as we get pressure, but we need Redwine back.

Nothing, and I never said I wanted them to do anything more. I just said Syracuse would test them, which they will.

Advertisement

Nothing, and I never said I wanted them to do anything more. I just said Syracuse would test them, which they will.

So just maintain the status quo. I understand, I am not trying to be a douche BTW (but I am one).

And how about the offense? If you just want the defense to continue as they’ve been playing, what so you want to see from the offense?

So just maintain the status quo. I understand, I am not trying to be a douche BTW (but I am one).

And how about the offense? If you just want the defense to continue as they’ve been playing, what so you want to see from the offense?

I know you're a douche, that's what I love about you. From the offense, I want to see what everyone wants to see. More consistency. No more jump balls unless it's to Langham on 4th down or with 6 seconds left. More Herndon.

I know you're a douche, that's what I love about you. From the offense, I want to see what everyone wants to see. More consistency. No more jump balls unless it's to Langham on 4th down or with 6 seconds left. More Herndon.
Isolated jump balls or 50/50 balls to Richards would be acceptable too.

I hope he gets healthy soon.

Advertisement

Isolated jump balls or 50/50 balls to Richards would be acceptable too.

I hope he gets healthy soon.

I'd gladly donate my hamstring

Let's just do a blanket "all these teams are tough and we have to go one game at a time" post to spare the panic thread every week.

So was GT and they scored 17 (averaged 36.5) and 289 yards (averaged 479).

There is no doubt Mr. Babers is a good offensive coach but this D has shown up in ACC play.

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289 (Before today they averaged 479 YPG and 36.5 PPG)
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 14.34
Yards Allowed: 348
Turnovers Forced: 1.34
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

If you're only allowing less than 15 PPG and 350 YPG, it isn't hard to win games.

I was starting to get a little down on the defense but this is pretty eye-opening. Thanks.

Our issues truly lie on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. Based on the highlights I've seen Toledo is a more talented team, fwiw. Their top WR Ishmael wouldn't see the field at Miami, they can't run the ball and they rely heavily on Dungey making plays outside of structure.

I predict 31-13.

This right here
I’ll admit, I was worried about FSU and GT, **** even Duke a bit because we hadn’t played anyone. But I’m not worried about SU at all. This is the perfect spot to get them. They are probably content with not winning another game this year after Friday. They will get their dunk and dunk stuff but they will not sustain drives and we will wear on them. Give them HEAVY dosage of Homer ..

Schedule sets up favorably VT, ND, UVA, Syracuse at home and Pitt and UNC both bad teams on the road. VT is the key to the season. Have to beat them to win te coastal.

Syracuse beating Clemson, plays in our favor because now, we will not overlook them. Also, us winning in the last seconds the past two weeks, also helps breed a 3W mentality 'We Will Win'

It's a huge difference in believing that we can win versus knowing you will win.

Advertisement
Back