So does vandy winning 2 out of the last 5

Having snow on your field for 33% of the school year is either a disadvantage or it's not.
Having to play in other states for the first full month of the season is either a disadvantage or it's not.
Having to convince blue chip baseball players to commit to a northern program that can't practice outside is either a disadvantage or it's not.
All of those apply to Michigan.

Miami, a blue blood program located in the heart of some of the most fertile baseball recruiting territory in America, can't make a serious run at a title for 18 years, and the excuses pile up. Meanwhile, a Big Ten program that played in three different states for the first 30 days of the season because their field was snowed under, makes it to the championship series. But they don't have any disadvantages up there.

Funny you can make excuses for Michigan at every turn, but Miami apparently has zero issues to deal with. It really puzzles me why a person who claims to be a fan of a program would go to such lengths to disparage said program at every turn.

Oh, wait I know...

Advertisement
Funny you can make excuses for Michigan at every turn, but Miami apparently has zero issues to deal with. It really puzzles me why a person who claims to be a fan of a program would go to such lengths to disparage said program at every turn.

Snow and being on the road for a full month aren't excuses. They are facts. Overcoming that to get to the finals is a monumental accomplishment. Meanwhile, fans of the University of Miami baseball team are excited that we "made progress" by..............making the postseason.

It puzzles me why a fan of this school would continue to defend the epic free fall from being a top-tier program.

Oh, wait I know...

Well......... because he is not a fan.

You are not a fan if you have a different opinion of the program than the super fans who inhabit this forum. You must not disagree with their opinion of the state of the program. In other words, when you reply to one of their posts, you must only say how much you agree with the poster. Anyone who disagrees is labeled a troll.

Well, this troll has followed UM sports, including Baseball for longer than some of these super fans have been alive. I've seen the best and the worse. Been waiting for that 5th ring for a long time. Seen enough games over the years to be able to judge whether or not the program is succeeding, failing or is stuck on a plateau. Heard all the excuses why we didn't win. So if I'm not satisfied with what I am seeing, I will still make my opinion heard. And, all you super fans can go G FYM.

Advertisement
Pure gold.

WTF are you even talking about? Now you're solving Miami's scholarship problems by explaining how walk-ons can get financial assistance?

You're so close to solving the whole thing. Please
No that's not my point last 20 posts here you and several others complained about why the scholie limits hurts Miami because of the deference n the cost of tuition.all I'm trying to say is let's come together and find a solution to help our team.you just want something t o be negative about so you can gripe about it and points fingers.

Cool, we're just trying to tell you that outside of building the endowment to the point where no student leaves with any debt, there isn't some crazy loophole that we've all missed.

The typical Miami high school student cannot afford to be a walk-on at Miami. They are charging $2,100 a credit hour and most students take 30 credit hours a year.

You need to basically double the amount of aid awarded to ALL students in a given year.

From what I understand, Vanderbilt provides practically full rides to 70%+ of their students. As long as the baseball athlete falls within certain percentiles, and they match it with female athletes, there is nothing the NCAA can do about it. You award the 0.75 of scholarships (from the 11.7) to the lackluster students who will major in "getting to the minor leagues".

Notre Dame is rich and they cannot do it. USC is even richer and they also cannot afford this. Rice and Vanderbilt are the only private schools with this type of support. Stanford is putting it into place as we speak.
Ok here s my point.there's a kid who wants to attend the university who can't afford it.what if someone not related to this kid offers to pay for his/her tuition and expenses for attending the university.the kid enrolls in school tries out for sport earns spot.do you understand now there are legal loop holes around this situation question is do we want to do it.

Ok here s my point.there's a kid who wants to attend the university who can't afford it.what if someone not related to this kid offers to pay for his/her tuition and expenses for attending the university.the kid enrolls in school tries out for sport earns spot.do you understand now there are legal loop holes around this situation question is do we want to do it.

LMAO.

Who is this person who is going to fork out $250,000?

How long do you think it would take for people to realize that the University of Miami seems to have an awful lot of walk-on blue chip baseball players who are somehow getting their tuition paid by a stranger?

Try again.

Advertisement
LMAO.

Who is this person who is going to fork out $250,000?

How long do you think it would take for people to realize that the University of Miami seems to have an awful lot of walk-on blue chip baseball players who are somehow getting their tuition paid by a stranger?

Try again.
So what it's legal nothing they can do about it.plus it helps us get good athletes across the board in other sports to be successful.

I have to ask you one question jagar mister.are you a true fan of the :neonu: or just a pretend fan.I would love to see this:neonu: be successful in everything sport.I never see a post from you being positive about any of our teams,players or coaches .

No, that is brazenly illegal. You need to basically offer 75% of all students almost 100% aid. Preferably everyone, but that is not feasible. At that point, you can offer academic scholarships to everyone within top 25% of applicants to the 75th percentile. Anyone that falls outside of those percentiles receives maximum possible from the 11.7 scholarships.

You cannot pay for a player to attend UM. They would consider you a "booster" and your would incur amazing sanctions.

They recruited incredibly well this year and the 2021 class is shaping up to be even better. At $2,100 a credit hour, you are looking at $63,000 per annum at 30 credits a year....... When the state schools are practically free then it becomes a huge disadvantage.

Texas has all the resources in the world and they have not fared markedly better than UM since 2006.....

He is not a fan. He openly roots against UM under the guise that we are not equal to "Fraser's years". We have been top-20 even during our worst stretch. That is not debatable.

Advertisement
I have to ask you one question jagar mister.are you a true fan of the :neonu: or just a pretend fan.I would love to see this:neonu: be successful in everything sport.I never see a post from you being positive about any of our teams,players or coaches .

Being a fan of the U doesn't require me to be ignorant of NCAA rules. Not sure how you made that leap.

Texas has all the resources in the world and they have not fared markedly better than UM since 2006.....

Which proves that being a public school with great facilities isn't an advantage. Having the right coach is an advantage. We didn't have the right coach.

Advertisement
You are not a fan if you have a different opinion of the program than the super fans who inhabit this forum. You must not disagree with their opinion of the state of the program. In other words, when you reply to one of their posts, you must only say how much you agree with the poster. Anyone who disagrees is labeled a troll.

Well, this troll has followed UM sports, including Baseball for longer than some of these super fans have been alive. I've seen the best and the worse. Been waiting for that 5th ring for a long time. Seen enough games over the years to be able to judge whether or not the program is succeeding, failing or is stuck on a plateau. Heard all the excuses why we didn't win. So if I'm not satisfied with what I am seeing, I will still make my opinion heard. And, all you super fans can go G FYM.

Mmmm, ok thanks for chiming in?

Being a fan of the U doesn't require me to be ignorant of NCAA rules. Not sure how you made that leap.
What ncaa rules are broken when a students tuition,room and board are paid for by another source besides a scholarship.why do you think vandy and Stanford call it endowements.your problem is your not problem solver but you love to point fingers and complain while blaming others .what you seem to misunderstand is they can have programs where donors donate money and it can be legally used by the university to help themselves offset the cost of tuition.Oklahoma has done it several times two of them ending up being heisman winners.

What ncaa rules are broken when a students tuition,room and board are paid for by another source besides a scholarship.why do you think vandy and Stanford call it endowements.your problem is your not problem solver but you love to point fingers and complain while blaming others .what you seem to misunderstand is they can have programs where donors donate money and it can be legally used by the university to help themselves offset the cost of tuition.Oklahoma has done it several times two of them ending up being heisman winners.
It is called an impermissible benefit. All money, tuition, supplies, or anything given to a student athlete has to be cleared by the NCAA. Do you think the NCAA will clear some random person paying 250k for tuition for athletes at UM?

Per the NCAA examples
You can’t be careful enough when it comes to staying on the right side of the NCAA’s rules about extra benefits. An extra benefit is something offered to a student-athlete that wouldn’t be offered to any other student at your school.
For example, you can’t receive unauthorized help with your rent, transportation, food, or school supplies. Before you accept any benefit or gift, make sure you clear it with your school’s compliance officials.

An endowed scholarship is completely different than "giving money to someone".

UM raised $4B billion over two campaigns and donors only allocated $35M from the $4B to athletics.

Soffer and her son are on record saying that they had never watched a UM game. The IPF was divine intervention.

Stanford's endowment is at $26.5B and Vanderbilt has a $6.4B endowment. UM's endowment is $1B............

The "objective fan" can see that Di Mare is performing at an elite level. After missing the tournament the past two years, he produced a #16 team. They placed him in a Regional with the #7 team in the country, but that did not diminish his stellar turnaround.

We did not reach Omaha between 2009 and 2014, but were consistently top 16 all of those years (and the committee seeded us "regionally" rather than on performance, which hurt our performance in the playoffs during those years). We were in Omaha in 2015 and 2016 and then dealt with the program's worst two seasons and rebounded to a top-20 ranking during 2019. We will have a top 8 team next year.

We still attract excellent talent that is willing to pay 6x per annum to attend UM over other state schools. Look at the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes. The team remains elite despite scholarship limitations that are decimating other private schools.

Advertisement
Back