So does vandy winning 2 out of the last 5

Advertisement
or the donors,fans,alumni, those in power can come up with a program to offset the cost of tuition,cost of living for those athletes.and when it is done other nonrevenue sports at university will also benefit by it.

Gee, why didn't we think of that.

Any aid to a baseball player because you are a baseball player has to fall under the 11.7 limit. You can get other aid if you have strong academics or if your parents are poor. But you can't get extra aid through some "program" designed to help athletes. Don't you think we would already be doing that?

Yes. They are either in denial or are stupid.

Then again, when the #1 troll's occupation is "hotel guest services" at his uncle's motel, it is the latter not the former.

[Gnome spoke to Florida's AD today....... They hired Scott Frost! Wait! Wait! The AD called the gnome back! Gnome says that they are announcing Chip Kelly as Coach. Players notified! Go Gators!]

Any response to my previous posts challenging your numbers?

Kind of like how playing and recruiting in Ann Arbor, Michigan is a distinct disadvantage.

It's unacceptable those kids are forced to play/practice in this type of environment...is their administration heartless!!

WARNING. These pictures with shake you to the core!

The architecture includes brick and stone, consistent with that of the central athletic campus. The stands are barrier-free and include 2,500 seats, of which 1,700 have seatbacks. A three-story addition includes administrative offices, a state-of-the-art press box, improved public restrooms, concession areas and a ticket office.
Adjacent to the stadium is a 1,600-square foot locker room that features 30-inch lockers, five television screens, a lounge area, a training room and a nutrition lounge. The locker room connects directly to the 5,750-square-foot indoor hitting facility that includes retractable doors for ventilation during the summer months and is heated for year-round use. The hitting facility includes two dirt mounds, pitching machines, three indoor batting cages and a state-of-the-art video hitting system. Along the leftfield line are three outdoor hitting cages, in addition to four down the rightfield line.

It's unacceptable those kids are forced to play/practice in this type of environment...is their administration heartless!!

The architecture includes brick and stone, consistent with that of the central athletic campus. The stands are barrier-free and include 2,500 seats, of which 1,700 have seatbacks. A three-story addition includes administrative offices, a state-of-the-art press box, improved public restrooms, concession areas and a ticket office.
Adjacent to the stadium is a 1,600-square foot locker room that features 30-inch lockers, five television screens, a lounge area, a training room and a nutrition lounge. The locker room connects directly to the 5,750-square-foot indoor hitting facility that includes retractable doors for ventilation during the summer months and is heated for year-round use. The hitting facility includes two dirt mounds, pitching machines, three indoor batting cages and a state-of-the-art video hitting system. Along the leftfield line are three outdoor hitting cages, in addition to four down the rightfield line.

Wow. That is incredible....

Advertisement
I honestly appreciate your enthusiasm but don’t you think they’ve already knocked in every door they can looking for ways to do all they can?
no I don't think after what happened in the 90s with the Pell Grant probation and Shapiro mess the university could be a little gun shy.there's a loophole somewhere just got to find it.

But there isn't a legal way. You can give XX number of scholarships per sport. Anything above and beyond those amounts is illegal. You're like the people who try to find systems to beat Roulette or sports betting. If there was a way, it would have been found by now.
no kidding you can give so many scholarships but it doesn't mean an athletes tuition can't come from another source.how many Dr pepper punt/pass and kick challenges do you see offering some kind of tuition help to a student and it's legal.

no kidding you can give so many scholarships but it doesn't mean an athletes tuition can't come from another source.how many Dr pepper punt/pass and kick challenges do you see offering some kind of tuition help to a student and it's legal.

The kids who win those things aren’t athletes. They are students. You are suggesting that we find a way to give extra money to athletes. I don’t know how to make it any clearer, but we can’t add to the 11.7 unless it comes from sources that are available to all students.

Now I’ve heard it all. It is no longer a disadvantage to play baseball in a place where you can’t go outside for four months.

Tell me about collegiate ice hockey in the south.

Advertisement
You want to know how impossible it is? My brother worked for EA Sports and ran the video game tournaments on college campuses. If an athlete participated and won any prize, he or she had to decline it. They can’t risk taking ANYTHING extra.

The kids who win those things aren’t athletes. They are students. You are suggesting that we find a way to give extra money to athletes. I don’t know how to make it any clearer, but we can’t add to the 11.7 unless it comes from sources that are available to all students.
care
your not very bright are you.student can get help with their tuition right other than what a scholarship allows right.walkons happen all the time the school can't give them the same perks as a player on scholie.that walk on can receive assistance from other sources and the school can't get penalized for it.

care
your not very bright are you.student can get help with their tuition right other than what a scholarship allows right.walkons happen all the time the school can't give them the same perks as a player on scholie.that walk on can receive assistance from other sources and the school can't get penalized for it.

The typical Miami high school student cannot afford to be a walk-on at Miami. They are charging $2,100 a credit hour and most students take 30 credit hours a year.

You need to basically double the amount of aid awarded to ALL students in a given year.

From what I understand, Vanderbilt provides practically full rides to 70%+ of their students. As long as the baseball athlete falls within certain percentiles, and they match it with female athletes, there is nothing the NCAA can do about it. You award the 0.75 of scholarships (from the 11.7) to the lackluster students who will major in "getting to the minor leagues".

Notre Dame is rich and they cannot do it. USC is even richer and they also cannot afford this. Rice and Vanderbilt are the only private schools with this type of support. Stanford is putting it into place as we speak.

your not very bright are you.

Pure gold.

student can get help with their tuition right other than what a scholarship allows right.walkons happen all the time the school can't give them the same perks as a player on scholie.that walk on can receive assistance from other sources and the school can't get penalized for it.

WTF are you even talking about? Now you're solving Miami's scholarship problems by explaining how walk-ons can get financial assistance?

You're so close to solving the whole thing. Please keep expressing your ideas publicly.

Advertisement
Eskew is receiving a full scholarship and a large part of it was merit-based, academic aid. He is a great student. That helps keep him from MLB because they are giving him $250,000 in aid and players that opt for UM over MLB have earned more the second time they were drafted (Collins, Abreu, Alonso, Jay, etc...).

It would be interesting to know what they gave McFarlane and the other top prospect who tore his ACL (his name escapes me).

Now I’ve heard it all. It is no longer a disadvantage to play baseball in a place where you can’t go outside for four months.

Tell me about collegiate ice hockey in the south.

Right, and coupled with those shoddy facilities, I'm sure those poor kids are taping old socks up and playing stickball in the basement to get their "reps" in. Throw in the fact that there is absolutely no place for them to play outside of their school and gosh, golly...makes me start to well up.

Right, and coupled with those shoddy facilities, I'm sure those poor kids are taping old socks up and playing stickball in the basement to get their "reps" in. Throw in the fact that there is absolutely no place for them to play outside of their school and gosh, golly...makes me start to well up.

This gnome is connected. He claims "to speak to the Florida AD on the regular". [His call of Frost and Kelly to the Gators was a blip!]

Now if you want factual information from the gnome, ask him about the best "tourist spots" in the Keys. The Concierge is a dynamo in regard to the Key's Locales..........

Advertisement
This gnome is connected. He claims "to speak to the Florida AD on the regular". [His call of Frost and Kelly to the Gators was a blip!]

Now if you want factual information from the gnome, ask him about the best "tourist spots" in the Keys. The Concierge is a dynamo in regard to the Key's Locales..........

Exposing you has become a full time job, and here's another one:

When you have someone on ignore, you don't ever see their posts, even if someone replies to them. So you would have no way of knowing that Quatro directly replied to anyone, much less me. Just quit pretending that you have me ignore. Tell me more about the "Bright Lights" program in Florida.

Since you're **** bent on looking like an idiot, just go ahead and say this one thing: playing in a northern climate isn't a disadvantage in college baseball. Just put that in writing for me.

Since you're **** bent on looking like an idiot, just go ahead and say this one thing: playing in a northern climate isn't a disadvantage in college baseball. Just put that in writing for me.
You specifically pointed out Michigan, which I in turn showed how that is totally false, for some I'm sure it is...not for Michigan though.

You specifically pointed out Michigan, which I in turn showed how that is totally false, for some I'm sure it is...not for Michigan though.

Having snow on your field for 33% of the school year is either a disadvantage or it's not.
Having to play in other states for the first full month of the season is either a disadvantage or it's not.
Having to convince blue chip baseball players to commit to a northern program that can't practice outside is either a disadvantage or it's not.
All of those apply to Michigan.

Miami, a blue blood program located in the heart of some of the most fertile baseball recruiting territory in America, can't make a serious run at a title for 18 years, and the excuses pile up. Meanwhile, a Big Ten program that played in three different states for the first 30 days of the season because their field was snowed under, makes it to the championship series. But they don't have any disadvantages up there.

Advertisement
Back