So does anyone care about the bowl game anymore?

I think the team quit on Diaz again. It was obvious. I love watching the Canes but the players don't want to be on the field anymore this season. Unless we're in a NY6 game it's not worth it. Players have checked out and aren't going to be motivated to play some low tier Bowl game. Lots of other teams pulled the plug on bowl season already. Accept the L for what it was, fire Baker, hire a new DC, and start retooling for next year.
Firing Baker won’t resolve the deeper issues that run through this program; such as, quitting on Diaz.

Advertisement
After sitting in freezing Yankee Stadium to see Miami get picked apart by Wisconsin and watching La Tech shut us out, my appetite for bowl games is not exactly avid right now.
And I don't think the players would be into it. And guys like Phillips and Roche would likely opt out to stay healthy for the combine.
So no, I'll pass.

Advertisement
We’ve all seen how this movie ends
1607868353621.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I love this fantasy that Manny will rally these bums. Jesus H. It’s like planning a vacation next year for hospice patients.

It won’t be Texas. It will most likely be the loser of the Big 12 championship game, so most likely Iowa State. They are extremely well coached and have the potential to bury us, but they aren’t as scary as an Oklahoma on offense.
All the projections today have it being either Oklahoma St or Texas. The loser of the Big 12 championship probably also makes a NY6 since there are no conference alignments this year

All the projections today have it being either Oklahoma St or Texas. The loser of the Big 12 championship probably also makes a NY6 since there are no conference alignments this year
In that case, both those games are extremely winnable. Neither of those teams scare me.

Advertisement
Back