So does anyone care about the bowl game anymore?

anandris

Recruit
Canesinsight members, players? None of you or the players may think there's anything to still play for, but we're gonna be in a pretty decent bowl (Camping World/Cheezit) probably against someone like Texas. We win that game and I'd argue some of the stain from this game is wiped off and the season would then be overall not terrible. We'd finish strong for the first time since 2016 too and we saw what that did for us in 2017. I'm hoping that the leadership of D'eriq King (not Manny) can rally the troops for one more game, because the bowl game makes or breaks our season imo, at least given what my expectations were heading into it.

Advertisement
Realistically, yes it matters big time. Win and finish 9-2 with our third bowl win in 16 years. Build on that. From a fan perspective, doesn't really matter. Going from a potential OB to the Outback Bowl is a massive step down. Programwise would be a big step forward (as long as we know that the Defensive Staff is gone by then).

Advertisement
Lot of us are exercising some demons that have been brooding for a while, right now.

If the bowl game happens we'll watch, we'll pull for our Canes, and the board will probably be a **** show afterwards.

But it's gonna take a long time for this sting to go away.
People begging for the electric chair🤦🏽‍♂️
Haven’t you people seen this routine before!

Lot of us are exercising some demons that have been brooding for a while, right now.

If the bowl game happens we'll watch, we'll pull for our Canes, and the board will probably be a **** show afterwards.

But it's gonna take a long time for this sting to go away.
You’re wrong, unfortunately — they’re a ton of posters on this board who will root for the Canes to lose that bowl game. And the uglier it is, the sweeter the moment.

Advertisement
Canesinsight members, players? None of you or the players may think there's anything to still play for, but we're gonna be in a pretty decent bowl (Camping World/Cheezit) probably against someone like Texas. We win that game and I'd argue some of the stain from this game is wiped off and the season would then be overall not terrible. We'd finish strong for the first time since 2016 too and we saw what that did for us in 2017. I'm hoping that the leadership of D'eriq King (not Manny) can rally the troops for one more game, because the bowl game makes or breaks our season imo, at least given what my expectations were heading into it.
It won’t be Texas. It will most likely be the loser of the Big 12 championship game, so most likely Iowa State. They are extremely well coached and have the potential to bury us, but they aren’t as scary as an Oklahoma on offense.

I'd prefer ending this season with something other than that defensive ****show we just witnessed, yes.

But it is dwarfed in importance by the changes in defensive staff that need to take place.

You dont want to play Texas......their offense would score 50 easily.....and you know our O cant keep up.

Can we play duke again?

Advertisement
Why should we? The team doesn’t and won’t show up anyway.

bounce.gif

Advertisement

I think the team quit on Diaz again. It was obvious. I love watching the Canes but the players don't want to be on the field anymore this season. Unless we're in a NY6 game it's not worth it. Players have checked out and aren't going to be motivated to play some low tier Bowl game. Lots of other teams pulled the plug on bowl season already. Accept the L for what it was, fire Baker, hire a new DC, and start retooling for next year.

Advertisement
Back