So does anyone care about the bowl game anymore?

Advertisement
In that case, both those games are extremely winnable. Neither of those teams scare me.
It would just be a matter of if Deriq can get the team motivated and ready to play. I have no hope that Manny would be able to do this, but the players have said this is a “players team” in interviews. Showing up to the bowl game and making a statement would prove it

Any team we play in a bowl game means they have a winning record and competent coaches. With that being said we lose the game. More than two weeks to prepare for that game as well not good. They announce we’re playing someone like Ball State and the players chalk it up mentally as a win then proceed to get slapped up and down the field for four quarters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe, but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t win. Texas is the equivalent of a team like Virginia Tech or NC. State. They are not some superpower.
My Man....just stop...we just got our F-ing teeth kicked in by a so-so UNC team that was beat by FSU....and gave up 50+ pts to WF....and your sitting there and harping about how we'd beat OK St and Texas???....

My Man....just stop...we just got our F-ing teeth kicked in by a so-so UNC team that was beat by FSU....and gave up 50+ pts to WF....and your sitting there and harping about how we'd beat OK St and Texas???....
I didn’t say we would win, but I’m not going to just crawl into a corner, cry, and say we would get demolished by a couple of mediocre Big 12 teams.

If we play a team with a pulse then we will see a game similar to today. Then add Bama to open 2021 we could be looking at 3 ugly losses in a row.
Yep. But you still gotta play to see where we are. If we have a blood bath three games in a row then that is the only time the admin moves. So we go to bowl and win then great. If we lose then may have some upside as well. The worst thing that can happen is we don't play a bowl game. That would be for a long long off-season.

Yep. But you still gotta play to see where we are. If we have a blood bath three games in a row then that is the only time the admin moves. So we go to bowl and win then great. If we lose then may have some upside as well. The worst thing that can happen is we don't play a bowl game. That would be for a long long off-season.
Oh yea I want them to play in a bowl game. Wouldn’t be a good look if they didn’t. Go play a quality team and hopefully play well and get the win to give your program momentum going into next year.

Advertisement
8-2. Yes we need a bowl win to keep recruiting momentum, very good class last year. Shaping up to have a higher ceiling this year. Stack chips is the game.

Advertisement
Realistically, yes it matters big time. Win and finish 9-2 with our third bowl win in 16 years. Build on that. From a fan perspective, doesn't really matter. Going from a potential OB to the Outback Bowl is a massive step down. Programwise would be a big step forward (as long as we know that the Defensive Staff is gone by then).

Irrelevant toilet bowl game that no one care including staff and players. Lets keep the bleeding going and get worse. This team just lost his bowl yesterday. Another loss to an average team will help recruiting momentum?

Canesinsight members, players? None of you or the players may think there's anything to still play for, but we're gonna be in a pretty decent bowl (Camping World/Cheezit) probably against someone like Texas. We win that game and I'd argue some of the stain from this game is wiped off and the season would then be overall not terrible. We'd finish strong for the first time since 2016 too and we saw what that did for us in 2017. I'm hoping that the leadership of D'eriq King (not Manny) can rally the troops for one more game, because the bowl game makes or breaks our season imo, at least given what my expectations were heading into it.
After the interest the players showed yesterday. The bowl game has little chance to be relevant. All though regressing. The cancer culture hasn't been eliminated...

I do, it's traditional. The more and more COLLEGE FOOTBALL will be fading away with portal and not being true to you program. PLAYERS opting out. Don't like it

I'm so disgusted with yesterday's game don't care about the bowl game now. But, it needs to be played to try get some bit of respect . THis is season was/is a fraud. The performance yesterday should NEVER happen to this program !! Disgusting !

Advertisement
Back