So does anyone care about the bowl game anymore?

I didn’t say we would win, but I’m not going to just crawl into a corner, cry, and say we would get demolished by a couple of mediocre Big 12 teams.
Texas would pound us. You don’t watch CFB outside of Miami. Texas would hang 600 yards on us.

Advertisement
Canesinsight members, players? None of you or the players may think there's anything to still play for, but we're gonna be in a pretty decent bowl (Camping World/Cheezit) probably against someone like Texas. We win that game and I'd argue some of the stain from this game is wiped off and the season would then be overall not terrible. We'd finish strong for the first time since 2016 too and we saw what that did for us in 2017. I'm hoping that the leadership of D'eriq King (not Manny) can rally the troops for one more game, because the bowl game makes or breaks our season imo, at least given what my expectations were heading into it.
The quick answer is NO!

Texas would pound us. You don’t watch CFB outside of Miami. Texas would hang 600 yards on us.
Lol, nice assumption. I’ve watched Texas play every game this year because of the gambling group I’m in. But hey, I get it — we get pounded in one game so that means we will get obliterated by every decent P5 team.

Ya, dude, this team looks like an unbeatable juggernaut:
DFAF9151-5747-432B-90C2-84328D9ECC61.png

Lol, nice assumption. I’ve watched Texas play every game this year because of the gambling group I’m in. But hey, I get it — we get pounded in one game so that means we will get obliterated by every decent P5 team.

Pounded in two games . The only two games that we played a team with a pulse.

Advertisement
Pounded in two games . The only two games that we played a team with a pulse.
Right, I’m not disputing that. But Texas and Oklahoma State are not UNC and Clemson. For people to claim otherwise is ridiculous. Again, it doesn’t mean we would win but let’s quit the hyperbole.

I do not care. The beating Alabama will give us will be on a similar level to what we saw yesterday around this same time.

The players didn't even think a NY6 game and a top 5 finish was anything to play for. So no. And there is nothing in it for any of the fans either if nobody actually playing gives a **** to begin with.

Right, I’m not disputing that. But Texas and Oklahoma State are not UNC and Clemson. For people to claim otherwise is ridiculous. Again, it doesn’t mean we would win but let’s quit the hyperbole.

You are right Texas and Oklahoma State wouldn’t have lost to f$u.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd prefer ending this season with something other than that defensive ****show we just witnessed, yes.

But it is dwarfed in importance by the changes in defensive staff that need to take place.
I suspect the only way to change the defense is to change the man at the top. Theirs a reason Mack Brown fired him.

this was also sweet revenge for the guy so many here hated: Searels.

Advertisement
I see a late season collapse coming on. We’ve had them before—last year....1984 was notorious. The way Jimmy rebounded in 1985 was to cut loose the remaining Schnellenberger disloyalists.

Something is going on in this program that has so far escaped outside scrutiny.

I see a late season collapse coming on. We’ve had them before—last year....1984 was notorious. The way Jimmy rebounded in 1985 was to cut loose the remaining Schnellenberger disloyalists.

Something is going on in this program that has so far escaped outside scrutiny.
Ya, we need to clean house on the defensive side of the ball. But I’m not sure Diaz has the balls to do that.

Advertisement
Back