Slowest Miami team ever in 2015?

Advertisement
Overall team speed is down. it's no surprise as it seems Golden doesn't understand you need game breakers/ explosive players to compete for championships. It seems as if Golden doesn't put a real premium on speed which makes zero sense to me. Meanwhile fsu has a team stacked full of track champions which is why they can win 29 straight.

Burns has elite speed but he's on defense. Golden is way out of his league here.

chad, aqm, kamalu, jenkins, etc their problems are technique not athleteticism

True. Too many techniques. But the focal point is still speed. Golden doesn't understand the first rule in urban fighting/football. Throw and land the first punch. Speed is vital in accomplishing that.

I've been complaining about this for a couple seasons now.

Every time an announcer mentions "Miami Speed" I LUZ because that's no longer true.

They're just living in the past when talking about our team speed.

Advertisement
2015 might very well be the slowest hurricane team as long as I can remember and that includes the 1997 team. People can finally see how bad this guy is. He has no idea what it takes to build a championship team.

I used to laugh when people said he was some great recruiter. Dude is just ***** terrible.

Burns's speed is actually overrated. He's explosive but more of a 4.45-4.5 guy. I believe Crawford is our fastest corner.

All hail the wonderful collection of talent that Golden has amassed going into his fifth year.

It's great news that he's getting one more crack at putting his stamp on a FIFTH recruiting class. It's never been a better time to be a Canes fan.

Advertisement
I think our WRs can be a pretty decent group but where's the speed?

Coley - 4.4
Waters - 4.5
Scott - 4.5
Lewis - 4.5
Berrios - 4.6
Brady - 4.6

Didn't our LBs used to be at least that fast? Heck, seems like we had Dlinemen that fast.

Well, I guess T. Howard heard you'll crying about team speed. To help better the teams overall speed and his; T.Howard has joined UM track team! #truestory

Advertisement
Remember when speedy Dorsett ran right by ND's secondary and dropped 2 TD's? And when a speedy Barrios dropped a TD vs f$u that would a put us up by 20?

(I hate straight line speed w\o hands and I hate our coaches)

Advertisement
Michael Badgely is pretty fast for his position.

Not really. He's just explosive in and out of his cuts....so explosive you don't even see him make them. He's actually running circles around everybody else out there but he's so blazingly quick you don't know he's running circles.

You'd think Walter Tucker would be faster but I think I saw a 40 time and it was not exceptional. After all, he's a nationally ranked hurdler. Maybe he got too heavy for football. (Like Njoku might be doing).

We don't need speed. What we have are nice kids that speak to Senior Citizens. These kids work their tails off picking up trash all around campus. Again, we don't need speed. We have Nittany Character.

Sincerely,

Alfraud Folden

Why? Were they all sentenced to community service? That's what they do up here in D.C.

Advertisement
Back