Sionara choc

end of the day choc was overrated. my friend who is a coach i respect watched gray hs tape for 2 minutes on this site years back and told me "these kids on this board know nothing about football, this kid is not going to any D1 school and doing this at that level of football. He has no RB instincts, runs upright, plays some weak competition, and said a few other things i forget" im not knocking anyone on this board. the reality is im not a coach and most of the people on this board arent a coach or havent played high level of football. NO ONE expected gray to be as good as this board did.

If he thought Gray was playing weak competition in HS then he was wrong

Advertisement
end of the day choc was overrated. my friend who is a coach i respect watched gray hs tape for 2 minutes on this site years back and told me "these kids on this board know nothing about football, this kid is not going to any D1 school and doing this at that level of football. He has no RB instincts, runs upright, plays some weak competition, and said a few other things i forget" im not knocking anyone on this board. the reality is im not a coach and most of the people on this board arent a coach or havent played high level of football. NO ONE expected gray to be as good as this board did.

If he thought Gray was playing weak competition in HS then he was wrong

he also said he wasnt in Yearby's class as far as being a RB. he said if Yearby had his athlete ability, he'd be the best back in college football. i think that's something we all know though lol

I think Gray leaving may be good for him. He has a ton of talent, needs to grow up and this may be his wake-up call. Hoping for the best for him.

Losing Jenkins and 1 of gus/gray are real issues. RBs and DTs get injured all the time, and if Walton or Norton get hurt and are out for an extended period, we're going to be challenged. Given how few scholarship players we have on roster, we need the 2017 class to grow to 28-30, preferably with more Jucos/transfers to replace some of the upperclassmen leaving. We're too thin for STs, garbage time to rest starters, even scout teams. Spring sessions are going to be hard to run effectively with so few bodies.

Had high hopes for Choc but he hasn't shown anything.

DMoney hyped him up to be the next Darren McFadden.

He's usually great but that was probably his worst ever evaluation.

The problem with Choc is that he had no discipline off the field. Anybody could see he was extremely talented.

Sometimes kids become disciplined in college, sometimes they do the same stuff they did in high school. Unfortunately, Choc is in the latter group.

What does no discipline off the field allude to here? Plenty of players can perform in spite of that?

Chocolate has always been the one who holds himself back is what that alludes to. Whether it's horrible work babies cause he never took practice serious enough,never really attacked the playbook,didn't care about criticism toward running style & now ultimately doesn't care about his rehab...

Advertisement

The problem with Choc is that he had no discipline off the field. Anybody could see he was extremely talented.

Sometimes kids become disciplined in college, sometimes they do the same stuff they did in high school. Unfortunately, Choc is in the latter group.

What do you mean? I don't recall him ever being suspended or getting into trouble.

I've never heard that he's a bad kid. But discipline includes learning your playbook, showing up to things on time, etc.

Choc was suspended from his HS team for academic issues. That lack of discipline followed him to college. The coaches just never trusted him.

I love this guy little film with us. the athleticism is ridiculous. Yes it was against 3rd and 4th players, but the movement was crazy. Too bad for him that he was not able to pull it together. really was pushing for him. maybe his lack of parents have something to do with that. #hoping have the names on the list are not true.

Why is Mayes leaving with the DB's as such a question mark? Unless the staff has already told him, you suck.

Bandy, Dean, Dallas, Young, Redwine, Jaquan...he wasn't going to play imo

Who knows if Richt bothers to attempt to talk any of them out of it but this is what right now is being said by them around the locker room. Mayes problem other than his talent is no better than any of our other suspect dbs is confidence is no shortcoming of his. Much like courtell if he was always producing & putting on for the team then his argument would carry a Lil weight. But if you can't sniff the field & you continuously try to start issues with the corners ahead of you then you're not worth the time. He honestly believes if it wasn't for the one injury he had since he's been here than he should've started over everybody but his best friend artie... you take it from there. What can you do bout that?

What does no discipline off the field allude to here? Plenty of players can perform in spite of that?

Chocolate has always been the one who holds himself back is what that alludes to. Whether it's horrible work babies cause he never took practice serious enough,never really attacked the playbook,didn't care about criticism toward running style & now ultimately doesn't care about his rehab...

That's too bad. Kid was given an incredible opportunity to change the trajectory of his family's life. If he gets another I hope he embraces it. Oh well.

Go Canes!

Not Choc. Not like this.

Not Courtel.

LOicMJA.gif

Advertisement
Where do they think the grass is greener? Especially if they fail then they really will be stuck deep in whatever bench they call home next.

Richt is a quality over quantity guy. thats why he is willing to play true fresh. he doesnt want numbers he wants talent and contributors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gray, if he was half the player some made him out to be, would've found the field at another position as CaneSince suggested above as well as countless others before. There were some TERRIBLE evaluations by some of the posters here. Same people saying BK was a first rounder, Berrios the next NFL white baller receiver, AQM another first rounder, etc. It's funny, the same people pretty much anointed all of them and that should be noted when they give their opinions on whomever at a later date.

Advertisement
Back