Sionara choc

Rumph's reaction to Henderson's antics I think illustrate why so many of his former players are reticent to follow him to UM.

Rumph is probably one of those old school dudes who's not gonna blow sugar up your ***. He's like that math teacher you had who was no nonsense straight to the point, and didn't play any games. You didn't hate the guy, but if someone asked you who your favorite teacher was, his name wouldn't come up. But **** if you didn't know the Pythagorean theorem front to back. In fact, that was the best you ever were at Math. But when it comes time to pick "favorite teacher" the Language Arts teacher who shows movies every month and let's the kids eat in class wins every time.

These kids are looking for a friend in a coach, and Rumph ain't that guy. If given a choice, most kids would rather make 40 K a year doing something they love, than 100 K a year in a job that's just a job (in other words, they don't hate it, it's just not their passion). Logic and rationale don't apply.

Rumph is a good coach. He needs to pull Campbell and Blades tho.

Thumbs up! Most rationale I've heard on this board in a minute. Al is happening regardless. Tyson could go any way. He really does love Mike but we're STACKED WITH THIS CLASS AT ALL DB SPOTS. might be a lil too much for a kid the whole country will promise starting spots to.

From what I understand, we have at stronger leans (and likelihood to land) at safety (frierson, Russell, hall) but CB is more of a question mark outside of blades. We should have a great shot with Tyson.

Dont sleep on ivey that kid can play

I see huge things for dj. Boy has all the tools & a great head on his shoulders.

Advertisement
At this point, knowing that about Henderson, can we really keep calling him a miss? I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you go head to head vs UF for a kid and fail, it's a miss.

Look up all the kids Miami and UF went head to head for and get back to me.

I was referring to Henderson. The kid clearly has issues.

Now in terms of our battles with them, we got the two most important dudes in the battle.

This team is not in a position, overall depth of talent wise, to be selective when it comes to recruiting elite athletes. If the coaches are good at their job, they find a way to motivate and attitude adjust a special physical talent like henderson. **** at least try to, don't walk him to an in state rival gaining a larger and larger recruiting foothold in your back yard.

Pathetic.

That's pathetic that you say uf has a foothold down here in recruiting or that he's elite as a db. If you really wanna see that rebutted just go look how he did against elite athletes all week every rep at the under armour practices. Realistically he has elite ethleticism that doesn't equate to being an elite db which is our sole purpose in him. Regardless we don't need to be commited to kids that are not worried about anything more than themselves. That was the first step in the downfall of our program under Coker. Stopped recruiting team kids & went after I kids. When you have few real leaders that's no bueno & when you do have leaders those I kids will divide the locker room. Seen it happen plenty.

lmao some of those "I" kids are the best kids on teams/ Hole **** you sound like AL golden with his "me guy" thing. which was directed a the best players the team

Rumph's reaction to Henderson's antics I think illustrate why so many of his former players are reticent to follow him to UM.

Rumph is probably one of those old school dudes who's not gonna blow sugar up your ***. He's like that math teacher you had who was no nonsense straight to the point, and didn't play any games. You didn't hate the guy, but if someone asked you who your favorite teacher was, his name wouldn't come up. But **** if you didn't know the Pythagorean theorem front to back. In fact, that was the best you ever were at Math. But when it comes time to pick "favorite teacher" the Language Arts teacher who shows movies every month and let's the kids eat in class wins every time.

These kids are looking for a friend in a coach, and Rumph ain't that guy. If given a choice, most kids would rather make 40 K a year doing something they love, than 100 K a year in a job that's just a job (in other words, they don't hate it, it's just not their passion). Logic and rationale don't apply.

Thumbs up! Most rationale I've heard on this board in a minute. Al is happening regardless. Tyson could go any way. He really does love Mike but we're STACKED WITH THIS CLASS AT ALL DB SPOTS. might be a lil too much for a kid the whole country will promise starting spots to.

From what I understand, we have at stronger leans (and likelihood to land) at safety (frierson, Russell, hall) but CB is more of a question mark outside of blades. We should have a great shot with Tyson.

jobe?

He's going to be a TOUGH pull.

Dont sleep on ivey that kid can play

I see huge things for dj. Boy has all the tools & a great head on his shoulders.

BD, as an old school cane fan living in AZ, I truly appreciate the insight and stories of how these things went down. Keep bringing the good info and ignore the clowns.

Hope you had a great time in Scottsdale when you were here.

Advertisement
Yall the type of people to complain that Pete said the staff sees Harley as a Lock then jump all over him when he commits to WVU, then shut your mouth when he decommitted.

Dude clearly knows people/coaches inside the athletic department as well as players/recruits. he said Choc would be gone because he doesn't go to his rehab...which is a pretty logical reason to get kicked off the team. If him and CMR worked things out between then and now, I don't see the big deal. Things are fluid.

Exactly. Such juvenile crap. It obvious the poster knew what was going on . People just want to feel cool and rip someone for not being able to see the future . anyone that bashes Pete at all is a total moron as he knows what he speaks of as he proved this year. If things change they change but at the time I like people who are in the know to share and the idiots be damned.

Yeah, I don't see us being stacked at CB. On roster we have Dean, Bandy, Young, perhaps Dallas. Besides, a kid like Campbell shouldn't be afraid of any competition.

There also a difference in being afraid of competition and not wanting to be in a class with 3-4 other elite players, especially when you could be the premiere guy in most peoples classes. But of course that's all dependent on us getting all those guys. Al is coming, and DJ Ivey looks very solid.

Cute analogy. Unfortunately for us.......kids generally aren't attracted to the crusty assed old Math teacher. He better refine his pitch and I mean quick or he can hit the ******* road.

Yeah, I don't see us being stacked at CB. On roster we have Dean, Bandy, Young, perhaps Dallas. Besides, a kid like Campbell shouldn't be afraid of any competition.

There also a difference in being afraid of competition and not wanting to be in a class with 3-4 other elite players, especially when you could be the premiere guy in most peoples classes. But of course that's all dependent on us getting all those guys. Al is coming, and DJ Ivey looks very solid.

It's just kind of strange to me. Garvin and DJ Johnson both talked about how much they were excited to play together. The Bermuda triangle guys all wanted to play together. You can say they're playing different positions, but to some degree that's the same at CB. Wilfork was third man in as a Sophomore. My point is that this kid is going to be special, and won't ride pine. He will only make himself better and have a better college experience if he surrounds himself by other special players.

Advertisement

It's just kind of strange to me. Garvin and DJ Johnson both talked about how much they were excited to play together. The Bermuda triangle guys all wanted to play together. You can say they're playing different positions, but to some degree that's the same at CB. Wilfork was third man in as a Sophomore. My point is that this kid is going to be special, and won't ride pine. He will only make himself better and have a better college experience if he surrounds himself by other special players.

Yes, but Garvin isn't highly rated. And neither was Pinckney. Plus even if all those guys come, theres a potential starting spot for all of them since thats 3 lbs and 2 DEs. We need 4 cbs this year. If all those guys are elite, like we think they'll be, that means 2 aren't starting....especially not since Bandy is just as good as a lot of those guys are. Would be interesting to see where Bandy would rank amongst the 2018 class. I think it'd be top half.

Advertisement
Back