Sionara choc

So we lose THREE RBs this offseason leaving Walton and Homer for the spring. Burns may be held up from EE and who knows when or if he'll be ready to contribute.

Coaches must be 1) VERY high on Homer and 2) VERY confident that McFarland comes.

Advertisement
Had high hopes for Choc but he hasn't shown anything.

DMoney hyped him up to be the next Darren McFadden.

He's usually great but that was probably his worst ever evaluation.

this board has hyped alot of people up. They still act like Cager will be Amari Cooper next year. That's why im scared of crowning perry before he gets here.
Nobody has actually crowned Perry though... Most people on here have actually crowned Weldon.

Yea it's starting to happen with Weldon now too. I like him a lot but let's not forget he is a low 3 star who's next best offer is Kentucky.

He blew out his knee first snap of junior year so recruiting didn't take off for him. Committed to us and he even said his pledge to us made teams back off because it was a waste of time to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol at the Choc fans thinking this hurts us. He would never see the field, even if he somehow was the 3rd back

So we lose THREE RBs this offseason leaving Walton and Homer for the spring. Burns may be held up from EE and who knows when or if he'll be ready to contribute.

Coaches must be 1) VERY high on Homer and 2) VERY confident that McFarland comes.

Has anyone seen any reports on how McFarland is coming along with his recovery? I'm not counting on Burns at all due to his history. Its going to be an interesting spring with our current WR, RB, and CB depth.

We didn't lose anybody special besides Jenkins. Everyone else can be replaced by a stud in the 2017 or 2018 recruiting classes. Hate to see Jenkins go, but the silver lining here is that all these players leaving helps transition the team from being encumbered with Golden's players to Richt's players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Weldon runs a 4.5"...LOL
"Weldon's arm is strong as Perry's"...LOL
"An injury held Weldon's recruitment back...LOL

Hilarious...keep em' comin' fellas.

"Weldon runs a 4.5"...LOL
"Weldon's arm is strong as Perry's"...LOL
"An injury held Weldon's recruitment back...LOL

Hilarious...keep em' comin' fellas.

Coming from the guy who wants zero competition, and wants to anoint a kid who looks like he weighs 150 pounds and wont even be here for the spring.

Advertisement
Jesus, Golden was awful at gauging talent.

To a degree. But that isn't as damning as his apparent inability to gauge character if Dee is to be believed about these players (and it sure sounds authentic). Wasn't that supposed to be one of Golden's strong points? A quitter/prick is even worse than a limited coal shoveler.

Why does it matter if Walton and Homer are the only two returning backs? They're the two best ones, the freshman rbs will get here whenever they do so I don't care its not an issue.

Advertisement
Lol at the Choc fans thinking this hurts us. He would never see the field, even if he somehow was the 3rd back

Him and Jenkins will be fine. Gray to FIU would be a good move

Why does it matter if Walton and Homer are the only two returning backs? They're the two best ones, the freshman rbs will get here whenever they do so I don't care its not an issue.

The quality is fine, but running with only four scholarship backs with two of them coming off injuries is a bit lean. I'd like to see a grad transfer or JUCO RB to bolster the roster at this point. RB's get hurt way too often for me to be comfortable with that depth chart even if it's cream at the top.

Advertisement

And what if Walton goes down? Still no big deal?

I wouldn't care if either Edwards or Gray were leaving but losing both with one running back currently committed who played 10 snaps last year is a bit worrying.

The problem with Choc is that he had no discipline off the field. Anybody could see he was extremely talented.

Sometimes kids become disciplined in college, sometimes they do the same stuff they did in high school. Unfortunately, Choc is in the latter group.

Kaaya
Yearby
Edwards
Gray
Williams
Coley
Lewis
Njoku
Dobard
Isidora
Gall
Knighton
Loftus
C. Jenkins
Elder
Colbert
R. Jenkins
Carter
Mayes
Henley
Vogel

The problem with Choc is that he had no discipline off the field. Anybody could see he was extremely talented.

Sometimes kids become disciplined in college, sometimes they do the same stuff they did in high school. Unfortunately, Choc is in the latter group.

What does no discipline off the field allude to here? Plenty of players can perform in spite of that?

Advertisement
Back