Signing Day Buzz: 8 Days Away

View as article
@RickRollU - Today, 02:25 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What movie or show is that everyone clip u posted earlier from? **** was too funny.

Advertisement
"Dade County? Its my island."

"You're a mad-mun"

"Jimbo, I never liked him. He wasn't right, in the head."

th
Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man.
Alright Father, I'll ask him. If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?

Pete, Don't follow recruiting as closely as some on here do, so I sure don't have the knowledge, but there are still certain players I want in this class. And M. Thomas is definately one... for all the reasons everyone has mentioned. But Random Walk, a poster on Grassy who I still enjoy reading, posted that he doesn't think Thomas is going to be in this class. No reason given, just had a NO next to Thomas' name. Random seems to be decently connected and usually has pretty good info. So two questions.... 1) do you still feel Thomas is in this class? And 2), if he isn't, can you find out what happened? It seems like he has always had questions around him, but to go from most feeling like we were in pretty good shape to just a solid "no" to being in this class is quite a difference. If he doesn't come here, I'd really like to know what happened. Thanks Pete...

Check this thread: Random's predictions were discussed thoroughly

http://canesinsight.com/showthread.php?46768-Scout-guys-predictions/page5

BigCaneAl, Thank you, I read about the first three pages of that topic and never went back so I missed that whole discussion... my bad. Seems you and I think about the same on both how important Thomas is and on how Random is one of the better posters left at Grassy. And I am not saying he's right, but it does make me nervous. One thing I don't get from that topic you sent me to was how Random is being "conservative" with this call by some in that topic. It seems to me he is going against grain by saying a BTW kid, with a UM coach, who we have been recruiting for years, and who most think is going to Miami, isn't going. That's not a conservative call in my book. But I sure hope he's wrong. Either way though even if we don't get Thomas, but do get most of the others, it's still a big get by Al and staff .... but it will still hurt. But all that talk is also why I hope Peter can get an interview and find out what happened with Thomas. But man, I hope Random is wrong and Thomas is a Cane next week....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What movie or show is that everyone clip u posted earlier from? **** was too funny.

Not RickRoll, but the movie is "The Professional" Gary Oldman is the actor.

Advertisement
Great work as always Pete. Collins and Thomas are going to make or break this class. I like what we have got so far and what I expect us to sign next week, but those 2 are difference makers and must gets. In Al we trust.

BigCaneAl, Thank you, I read about the first three pages of that topic and never went back so I missed that whole discussion... my bad. Seems you and I think about the same on both how important Thomas is and on how Random is one of the better posters left at Grassy. And I am not saying he's right, but it does make me nervous. One thing I don't get from that topic you sent me to was how Random is being "conservative" with this call by some in that topic. It seems to me he is going against grain by saying a BTW kid, with a UM coach, who we have been recruiting for years, and who most think is going to Miami, isn't going. That's not a conservative call in my book. But I sure hope he's wrong. Either way though even if we don't get Thomas, but do get most of the others, it's still a big get by Al and staff .... but it will still hurt. But all that talk is also why I hope Peter can get an interview and find out what happened with Thomas. But man, I hope Random is wrong and Thomas is a Cane next week....

We shall see how it plays out, but just keep in mind that Random has A source.....others like Peter are working multiple angles and talking to kids themselves in many cases. Random could very well have good info, but I suspect his info on Thomas is either a miscommunication, or him not having any and making a prediction on generally available information.

Advertisement
A great rule of thumb for recruiting season is to watch the actions not the words. If you're not getting any info then leave the situation where it is in your head until you get new info. And when you still have doubt, trust the Golden One! He closes!

I've personally never seen the amount of trolling that I've seen this year. I thinks it's kind of funny!

these are good points. the BEST indicator for us at the 2 positions of most need (DT and RB) are that we haven't seen any plan B kids pop up. that is the ONLY objective evidence that we have.

now, I suppose it is possible that there are some plan B kids that we just dont know about BUT the fact that we haven't seen any at these 2 spots leads me to believe that we are in very good shape (at least the staff thinks so) with Collins, Bryant , AND Bostwick

A great rule of thumb for recruiting season is to watch the actions not the words. If you're not getting any info then leave the situation where it is in your head until you get new info. And when you still have doubt, trust the Golden One! He closes!

I've personally never seen the amount of trolling that I've seen this year. I thinks it's kind of funny!

these are good points. the BEST indicator for us at the 2 positions of most need (DT and RB) are that we haven't seen any plan B kids pop up. that is the ONLY objective evidence that we have.

now, I suppose it is possible that there are some plan B kids that we just dont know about BUT the fact that we haven't seen any at these 2 spots leads me to believe that we are in very good shape (at least the staff thinks so) with Collins, Bryant , AND Bostwick

What? Did you not read about the recent DL commit? Did you not hear about Golden and company visiting a new JUCO DL prospect? These moves scream Plan B and should ring alarm bells concerning the recruitment of Keef and Bostwick. To belivee otherwise is foolish, IMHO.

What? Did you not read about the recent DL commit? Did you not hear about Golden and company visiting a new JUCO DL prospect? These moves scream Plan B and should ring alarm bells concerning the recruitment of Keef and Bostwick. To belivee otherwise is foolish, IMHO.

The recent DL commit isn't a true DT. He is more big DE. An Alabama DE. The staff wanted a true JUCO DT from the start. They didn't just jump on him. He's physically mature and would probably play before Bryant and Bostwick. Allowing the staff to at least redshirt one of them if they so chose.

I have to sort of agree. But, the reality is we need help there and maybe they are just throwing **** at the wall to make sure enough sticks. We could very well take Brooks, Bostwick and Bryant....I suspect the staff thinks we have a decent shot at 2/3, they may just have wanted to be 100% sure we get 1/3. This is spot where you oversign and figure it out later.

Advertisement
I dont think that the recent commit is a replacement for Keef or Bostwick. thought that he was more of a strong side DE.

i dont know anything about the new JUCO DL you speak of. maybe he is a plan B. idk

But certain posters on here claimed that it was ridiculous to suggest that a JUCO DL prospect has anything to do with Bostwick or Bryant. Probably the same posters that definitively claimed that Bryant was in the bag, and was just trolling FSU.

If we lose Bostwick and Bryant (and not being able to pull Hooks) that will be a huge disappointment, given our needs on the defensive front.

Not RickRoll, but the movie is "The Professional" Gary Oldman is the actor.

One time, I did a google search for "Gary Oldman" and forgot the "r". I still have nightmares about it.

Advertisement

But certain posters on here claimed that it was ridiculous to suggest that a JUCO DL prospect has anything to do with Bostwick or Bryant. Probably the same posters that definitively claimed that Bryant was in the bag, and was just trolling FSU.

If we lose Bostwick and Bryant (and not being able to pull Hooks) that will be a huge disappointment, given our needs on the defensive front.

So you admit that the staff wanted a JUCO DT(Hooks) and still wanted Bryant and Bostwick. Once again, the kid that is committed(Kamalu) isn't a true DT. So trying to sign Brooks is in addition to bringing in Bryant and Bostwick, not instead of. I'm not saying they'll get all 3, but they want all 3. Brooks is not a replacement.

Odds of Bryant or Bostwick making big contributions next year are pretty slim. Golden obviously feels that if we are stout enough up front on defense, we could make some serious noise around the country.

Doesn't seem that hard to figure out I guess, but we will see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Back