Signing Day Buzz: 8 Days Away

View as article
Advertisement
FWIW in Mike Farrell's (Rivals) column today he said Alex Collins, Matthew Thomas and Denver Kirkland all to Miami. Also, believes Miami is in a good spot with Edwards considering UM gets his last visit.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466101
I believe Al will close with all these ballers but I can't trust any of these because
A. They keep changing their kind
B. They all contradict each other

And for the record I hope teen penny switches to arky, can only help us

I'm not going to get caught up in who we might not get. If we land Thomas, Collins, and Coley I think we have landed the three best players possible for this class. Yes there are needs but when you talk about pure impact those 3 are at the top of the list and landing all 3 would be monumental, despite who we may miss on.

Advertisement
I'm not going to get caught up in who we might not get. If we land Thomas, Collins, and Coley I think we have landed the three best players possible for this class. Yes there are needs but when you talk about pure impact those 3 are at the top of the list and landing all 3 would be monumental, despite who we may miss on.

Agreed. If we close with Collins, Coley, Thomas, Kirkland and Grace Im not going to be too upset. Yeah it will suck to miss out on Bostick/Bryant but the class would still be sick.

I could only see comments but the retarded Newberg brother made his FSU predictions on 24/7 yesterday and I believe he has Matthew Thomas, Stacy Coley and Keith Bryant all choosing FSU.

Yep and Collins is absolutely the #1 need for the class. Not even close.

Agreed. If we close with Collins, Coley, Thomas, Kirkland and Grace Im not going to be too upset. Yeah it will suck to miss out on Bostick/Bryant but the class would still be sick.

Right there with you. Kirkland and Grace are awesome prospects as well, Kirkland has all world potential and goes great with the other linemen in this class.

Advertisement

#1 need For NEXT YEAR but Matthew Thomas is the #1 need for this class IMO.

I still think we sign one of Bostwick and Bryant.

You're underestimating the skillset Thomas brings to the table.

I too think that Thomas is the most important remaining player. Collins fills a need, absolutely, but there are comparable talents coming through SoFla in the next couple of years.

I too think that Thomas is the most important remaining player. Collins fills a need, absolutely, but there are comparable talents coming through SoFla in the next couple of years.

I'd say there are four absolutes we need to ink:

Thomas: because he ridiculously talented and in our back yard and fills depth right away.

AQM: adds another player who serve immediate depth and probably be a 3 & out guy unfortunately.

Olsen: May be the most talented QB to come through Miami since Dorsey.

Collins: serves as a safety gap between having a dominant runner and not. That 1,2 punch would be sickening

Advertisement
Agree with that list. Also, I would say getting talented young DTs is up their in importance. Not to contribute this year but to be ready in 2 years. We can't keep relying on guys who aren't ready to man that spot.

That's why Bryant and Bostwick are that important.

A great rule of thumb for recruiting season is to watch the actions not the words. If you're not getting any info then leave the situation where it is in your head until you get new info. And when you still have doubt, trust the Golden One! He closes!

I've personally never seen the amount of trolling that I've seen this year. I thinks it's kind of funny!

these are good points. the BEST indicator for us at the 2 positions of most need (DT and RB) are that we haven't seen any plan B kids pop up. that is the ONLY objective evidence that we have.

now, I suppose it is possible that there are some plan B kids that we just dont know about BUT the fact that we haven't seen any at these 2 spots leads me to believe that we are in very good shape (at least the staff thinks so) with Collins, Bryant , AND Bostwick

What? Did you not read about the recent DL commit? Did you not hear about Golden and company visiting a new JUCO DL prospect? These moves scream Plan B and should ring alarm bells concerning the recruitment of Keef and Bostwick. To belivee otherwise is foolish, IMHO.

But certain posters on here claimed that it was ridiculous to suggest that a JUCO DL prospect has anything to do with Bostwick or Bryant. Probably the same posters that definitively claimed that Bryant was in the bag, and was just trolling FSU.

If we lose Bostwick and Bryant (and not being able to pull Hooks) that will be a huge disappointment, given our needs on the defensive front.

So you admit that the staff wanted a JUCO DT(Hooks) and still wanted Bryant and Bostwick. Once again, the kid that is committed(Kamalu) isn't a true DT. So trying to sign Brooks is in addition to bringing in Bryant and Bostwick, not instead of. I'm not saying they'll get all 3, but they want all 3. Brooks is not a replacement.

no, i think the coaches were concerned about Bryant a couple of months ago, when they started going hard after Hooks. he was not on the UM recruiting radar until late in the year.

Advertisement
Agree with that list. Also, I would say getting talented young DTs is up their in importance. Not to contribute this year but to be ready in 2 years. We can't keep relying on guys who aren't ready to man that spot.

That's why Bryant and Bostwick are that important.

this.

For a multitude of reasons, there is no one more important than 6 this year.

For a multitude of reasons, losing him to FSU will be a huge disappointment not the least is the fact that one of our best recruiters (Barrow), who probably has been recruiting this kid in our backyard since he was still in diapers, would lose him to a school that no longer has there main recruiter (Coley) on staff. That's hard to believe although, in recruiting, stranger things happen.

Bostwick I feel very confident about. He does not do a lot of interviews, but he made it clear we were the team to beat. I don't see what's happened that would change that. I agree that he is an essential component to this class.

#1 need For NEXT YEAR but Matthew Thomas is the #1 need for this class IMO.

I still think we sign one of Bostwick and Bryant.

Listening to SVP on ESPN Radio right now

Les Miles is the guest and he made the comment his staff is very confident with the current verbal commits. I didn't expect him to say he was worried (even if he were) about some but thought I'd pass that along.

Advertisement
Back