*sigh*

It was full on malzahn bull **** route concepts. No sprint outs for king away from the blitz, no rub routes to beat man, rarely max protection to help with overload , no double moves with max protection, no motioning rbs into the slot yo get mismatches in man. This was enos , richt level play calling. Venerables did what I said he’d do all week , manning up and blitzing or manning up bracketing te’s. No easy underneath stuff.

He was like a python on a puppy , squeezing the life out of Lashlee and the pressure completely rattled him. This wasn’t some defensive masterpiece. It was overloading one side to take away zone read , outnumbering the interior with a/b gap blitzes and daring our suspect receivers to beat them deep.

Lashlee got punked, he played right into veberables hands. If my dumb *** knew this all week how did the guy making a million a year not?

There’s a definite talent gap but the coaching gap is far bigger.
Its amazing to me that they kept trying to do the same things over and over and over again when it was obvious it wasn't working. Plus it was obvious why it wasn't working. They nerver tried one of the things yoh listed. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its amazing to me that they kept trying to do the same things over and over and over again when it was obvious it wasn't working. Plus it why obvious why it wasn't working. They nerver tried one of the things yoh listed. Very frustrating.
Exactly , and there’s people acting like this is the 86 bears we were facing lol. Our only offense tonight was qb scrambles lol. While ole miss is **** near putting up a fifty burger on bama.

Couldn’t agree more, the talent deficit in the coaches and players was very much evident tn. Spot on about the run and pass game, our RBs were absolutely neutered and I think that’s partly why we had to rely on the long passing game - but what good does that do when the receivers just don’t have what it takes to win the 1v1 battles? Overall very disappointed in the game plan, I expected better from Lashlee tbh

Manny & Co. still have a ton of growing up to do. Also recruit, recruit, and recruit some more!
I agree but that still doesn't explain why we never attempted to work the middle of the field. Everything was vertical and outside the hashes. I'm in disbelief. Why is Lash still trying to run inside zone in the 3rd quarter? Just an abysmal performance all around.

Advertisement
I agree but that still doesn't explain why we never attempted to work the middle of the field. Everything was vertical and outside the hashes. I'm in disbelief. Why is Lash still trying to run inside zone in the 3rd quarter? Just an abysmal performance all around.
I agree with you, maybe the moment got too big for Lashlee or maybe King was missing the reads in the middle of the field in favor of trying to be Superman and stage a comeback? I’d have to watch the shįt back tbh

Its amazing to me that they kept trying to do the same things over and over and over again when it was obvious it wasn't working. Plus it why obvious why it wasn't working. They nerver tried one of the things yoh listed. Very frustrating.
Exactly , and there’s people acting like this is the 86 bears we were facing lol. Our only offense tonight was qb scrambles lol. While ole miss is **** near putting up a fifty burger on bama.
Felt like we were surrendering to their defense.
We were doing exactly what they wanted us to do.
I wonder if we could have challenged their LB's in the passing game?? Will never know we didn't try it. Wonder if we could've gotten Roster loose on a screen while they blitz us?? Will nerver know we didn't try it. Just verticals to WR's that couldn't beat man to man. Insanity

I don't recall ever testing their LB's in the passing game. I don't recall any passes to the RB's. Don't recall a single screen to the RB's. Just bombs to the WR's and inside run.

The trash Miami oc special.

I was worried Lashlee could do this after UAB, but the versatility he showed later eased that.

He has the bullshyt in him though.

It's a lack of patience. No matter how much we march and score with the quick pazsing game, they abondon it when it matters most. Run into a wall and heave long incompletions. Whipple, Enos, Richt. It doesn't matter.

Hopefully this will shake Ladhlee into the light and he can be as good as he has shown.

*Recruiting
I know a lot of yall love the underdog 3-star "developmental" types but for the most part the only players that looked like they belonged on the same field as Clemson were our 4/5 star guys. Sorry, it is what it is. That doesn't mean 3-star kids can't be good and help your team, cause lord knows I've lobbied for a few local ones, but WE HAVEN'T RECRUITED THE RIGHT ONES AT ALL. I thought the game plans on both offense and defense were very simple tonight. When the game plans are simple, you're relying on talent. And when it doesn't work, it's a lot easier to notice the talent deficiencies. Watching our outside WR's fail over and over again to exploit man coverage makes it very easy to see. There's no scheme involved there, it's just talent versus talent. I mean, they couldn't even adjust to the football while it was in the air and the CB's backs were turned. None of our upperclassmen WR's will even see an NFL try-out IMO. Then watching Blades get beat on slants, drop a pick-6 and give up a man-to-man deep ball on 3rd & long makes us realize that it would be nice to have at least ONE of those elite local CB's that we've missed on over the last few years.

To sum it up, I think there's a talent difference between the rosters AND coaching staffs and tonight's blow-out loss is evidence of that.
A loss like this can't be blamed on just one thing.
This. There’s a big difference in Frank Ladson and Mike Harley/Dee Wiggins. There’s a big difference in Cam Harris and Travis Etienne. There’s a big difference between Nesta Silvera and Brian Bresee. There’s a big difference between Andrew Booth and DJ Ivey.

IMO until we compete for the best recruits we will continue to look inferior against top competition. If Bama embarrasses us next year like Clemson has the past few meetings, fold program so I don’t have to suffer through this **** anymore

Advertisement
I agree with you, maybe the moment got too big for Lashlee or maybe King was missing the reads in the middle of the field in favor of trying to be Superman and stage a comeback? I’d have to watch the shįt back tbh

There are plenty of plays that take tbose deep heaves off the table and scheme incerior talent open quickly.

Clemson is a multi championship team with tremendous talent.

They small balled and misdirectioned us like they were the inferior team.

Why?

Because that is championship offense. Keeping the defenze off balance with high percentave throws and taking your shots WISELY.

More than anything, THEY ARE UNPREDICTABLE ON 1ST DOWN!!!!!

****** programs use stats they dont understand to play recklessly on offense and Miami has done that bull **** a LONG *** TIME.

The talent gap between us and clemson is like the Hudson River.

The coaching gap is like the Pacific Ocean.

There was only 4 of our players that would even see minutes on their team and that’s Brevin, Mallory, Bolden, and Phillips

This team lacks talent when it comes to players and coaches.

Only two that would start, Bolden and Brevin. Phillips maybe. Running backs would get some burn, but beyond that forget about it.

We've still got a ways to go, fellas. Completely out-classed on all levels tonight. Embarrassed on the big stage once again, after a bye week, after "earning" a top-10 ranking.

*Lashlee
RUNNING GAME - I don't know WTF I watched tonight. It's like he went back to his UAB playbook. We saw ONE running play tonight, Inside Zone. Clemson employed an "Odd Tite" front during most running downs, which has the DE's line-up just inside the Offensive Tackles, making it almost impossible to run Inside Zone. There was very little effort from Lashlee to employ different running concepts. (maybe some Outside Zone, Counter or Speed Option?)WR

PASSNIG GAME - Hardly saw any Air Raid concepts tonight, everything was vertical and outside, which as I eluded to all week, are the lower percentage throws. Where were the crossing routes? Hitches? Slants? Venerables just left his CB's one-on-one with our WR's and dared us to throw deep. And we did. Over and over and over again with zero success. By the way, our WR corps is the product of poor recruiting and evaluations. We might have the worst WR talent I've seen at Miami in all my years of watching Cane's football. Even during the previous regime, we at least had ONE guy who could take the top off of a defense. (i.e. Phillip Dorsett or Travis Benjamin) We don't have anybody out there right now that scares opposing DC's, which is probably why any defense that plays press-man coverage versus us has success, even the FIU's and Dukes of the world. A guy like Tutu would've been nice to have tonight.

*Baker
I actually thought Baker called a decent game for the most part. He kept things pretty simple, we didn't see too much gimmicky stuff, did a good job spying Lawrence at times. There were still some fundamental/alignment issues that led to big plays. On Etienne's long TD run, we had no "overhang" player to the weak side. We were short-numbered. Of course Clemson was gonna pull Guards and run that way! People were giving McCloud **** for that play, but that was too much to ask of him. At the end of the day we still need better players. It's no coincidence that our only players on defense who flash are the 4/5 star guys. We're gonna need more of those because I don't know how well our staff can actually DEVELOP lower ranked guys.
It also doesn't help that we shot ourselves in the foot plenty times via timely penalties. Carter is a fvckin' crash dummy.

*Recruiting
I know a lot of yall love the underdog 3-star "developmental" types but for the most part the only players that looked like they belonged on the same field as Clemson were our 4/5 star guys. Sorry, it is what it is. That doesn't mean 3-star kids can't be good and help your team, cause lord knows I've lobbied for a few local ones, but WE HAVEN'T RECRUITED THE RIGHT ONES AT ALL. I thought the game plans on both offense and defense were very simple tonight. When the game plans are simple, you're relying on talent. And when it doesn't work, it's a lot easier to notice the talent deficiencies. Watching our outside WR's fail over and over again to exploit man coverage makes it very easy to see. There's no scheme involved there, it's just talent versus talent. I mean, they couldn't even adjust to the football while it was in the air and the CB's backs were turned. None of our upperclassmen WR's will even see an NFL try-out IMO. Then watching Blades get beat on slants, drop a pick-6 and give up a man-to-man deep ball on 3rd & long makes us realize that it would be nice to have at least ONE of those elite local CB's that we've missed on over the last few years.

*Culture
Poorly coached teams with questionable culture always act like we do during adversity and/or losses. Trash talking while you're getting blown out, tons of unnecessary unsportsmanlike penalties, bone-headed plays during money downs that prevent your defense from getting off the field, etc etc etc. I mean, we've already had 39 unsportsmanlike penalties and our DE is trying to smack the ball out of Lawrence's hands while he's laying on the ground. Just dumb immature ****.
Don't forget, this is the same staff that threw a champagne party in the locker room after winning a close game to Western Michigan (or whoever it was) and allowed dancing on the sidelines during losses to GT and FIU.
No way around it, we are a corny bunch. We've come a long way since the days of "I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU *****" during the coin toss.
Maybe there needs to be less gimmicks and more substance going forward, cause right now we're that bully that likes to flex on inferior dudes but folds when the big dawg walks into the room. And that causes outsiders to thoroughly enjoy our losses.
WE SIMPLY DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM WITH A LOT OF CONTROL AT THE TOP. Just my opinion.

To sum it up, I think there's a talent difference between the rosters AND coaching staffs and tonight's blow-out loss is evidence of that.
A loss like this can't be blamed on just one thing.
I know what you saying about the star ratings but that is not why we lost. A team with much less talent than us and a bad freshman QB put up a much better fight vs Clemson than us. Our game plan on offense was horrible. We ran up the middle on EVERY RUSH ATTEMPT vs a very slow stout team. No counters, sweeps, tosses, option, just dive dive dive.
Our WRs are all 4/5 stars and they suck lol. We did not run any slants or anything towards the middle of the field AT ALL! Just go routes. And king is very inaccurate on passes over 20 yards. Everything is under thrown.

Advertisement
Only two that would start, Bolden and Brevin. Phillips maybe. Running backs would get some burn, but beyond that forget about it.
RB’s maybe. While Knighton and Chaney may be as talented as Etienne they have a ways to go to get there. And as much as I love Cam Harris he‘s just not a not a game changing back

Today came down to them
Dominating the line of scrimmage. If there O lines and D lines were their soft spots it sure did not show. We couldn’t get any push against these cats. It also looked like Veneables either knew our signals or had an insider that knew Lashlee well. It looked like they knew what plays we were about to call. But if our wide receivers make three or four plays this is a different ballgame.

There was only 4 of our players that would even see minutes on their team and that’s Brevin, Mallory, Bolden, and Phillips

This team lacks talent when it comes to players and coaches.

Talent doesn't explain why we almost never upset teams and CONSTANTLY GET DOMINATED by good teams. Teams with less talent do it all the time.

Bad coaching makes it where a team never rises to the occasion.

Outside of Notre Dame, when was the last time you said, " ****, we had a great gameplan! They just were the better team." ?

Teams circling Miami on the schedule doesn't excuse us being dead from the opening kickofc because we choose to expoze oue own weaknesses.

Beating Clemson was an upbill climb. Even **** talkers like me knew that. The way we lossed is the issue.

When the coaching is as bad as what we had tonight, talent cant even come into the convsrsation.

Wben I can praise the game plan in a losing effort, I will talk about talent. If we don't get the coaching fixed, we will just waste the talent if we do miraculously get it.

It's like we pay to make sure our players dont get lead or developed and put in the worst possible scenarios.

Advertisement
Talent doesn't explain why we almost never upset teams and CONSTANTLY GET DOMINATED by good teams. Teams with less talent do it all the time.

Outside of Notre Dame, when was the last time you said, " ****, we had a great gameplan! They just were the better team." ?

Teams circling Miami on the schedule doesn't excuse us being dead from the opening kickofc because we choose to expoze oue own weaknesses.

Beating Clemson was an upbill climb. Even **** talkers like me knew that. The way we lossed is the issue.

When the coaching is as bad as what we had tonight, talent cant even come into the convsrsation.

Wben I can praise the game plan in a losing effort, I will talk about talent. If we don't get the coaching fixed, we will just waste the talent if we do miraculously get it.

It's like we pay to make sure our players dont get lead or developed and put in the worst possible scenarios.
Yeah, that’s why I said this team lacks talent when it comes to player AND coaching. We got out coached and out talented. We flat out got our asses kicked over and over and over tonight. Embarrassing.

Couldn’t agree more, the talent deficit in the coaches and players was very much evident tn. Spot on about the run and pass game, our RBs were absolutely neutered and I think that’s partly why we had to rely on the long passing game - but what good does that do when the receivers just don’t have what it takes to win the 1v1 battles? Overall very disappointed in the game plan, I expected better from Lashlee tbh

Manny & Co. still have a ton of growing up to do. Also recruit, recruit, and recruit some more!
Its amazing to me that they kept trying to do the same things over and over and over again when it was obvious it wasn't working. Plus it was obvious why it wasn't working. They nerver tried one of the things yoh listed. Very frustrating.
What really bothers me is that it's completely unexplainable. For what reason would he just keep putting his head down and purposely run into the same wall over and over and over? Lashlee never tried anything else. How in the fack does he explain that? It's almost ad if he just threw in the towel after the first quarter. No adjustments no screens nothing in the middle of the field. No crossing routes. The TEs were never involved. None of it makes any rational sense. He kept running inside zone when the alignment Clemson's DL was in was obviously shutting it down. Then that horrific 4th and 1 play call right up the middle to Knighton when it was obvious Clemson was sitting on that. No misdirection? King keeps that and he's still running. The whole thing is just bizarre! There must have been something going on behind the scenes. It's not that we lost to a better team that I am angry about. Clemson is a better team everyday of the week. It's Lashlee's totally inexplicable game plan and play calling that make no sense whatsoever. It's really baffling.

I hear you, but there's such a large talent gap that we could play them with the best game plan ever and it still wouldn't matter. We were basically their scout team tonight and talent wise would likely lose to their second team.

I'm also not going to take away the fact that they have an elite staff top to bottom. They have proven that time and again. They're going to win the coaching battle the vast majority of the time.

The only way you're going to catch them sleeping is if you catch them just going through the motions and game plan something they didn't see coming. We don't have the juice for that with this staff or these players. Some units are so inferior that you can't even coach around them, sans our receivers.

I hear you, but there's such a large talent gap that we could play them with the best game plan ever and it still wouldn't matter. We were basically their scout team tonight and talent wise would likely lose to their second team.

I'm also not going to take away the fact that they have an elite staff top to bottom. They have proven that time and again. They're going to win the coaching battle the vast majority of the time.

The only way you're going to catch them sleeping is if you catch them just going through the motions and game plan something they didn't see coming. We don't have the juice for that with this staff or these players. Some units are so inferior that you can't even coach around them, sans our receivers.

It doesn't matter if we lose at this point.

It is how we look to convince better players to sign up.

We didn't give them anything to give us more consideration.

What's the pitch?

"Oh our 4 and 5 stars suck but we need you to be a "Miami Guy" and fix this mess."

Recruits be like, "Why Ima come to Miami and be wasted so yall can tell tbe next rouund of recruits I was the problem?"

Advertisement
Back