*sigh*

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
We've still got a ways to go, fellas. Completely out-classed on all levels tonight. Embarrassed on the big stage once again, after a bye week, after "earning" a top-10 ranking.

*Lashlee
RUNNING GAME - I don't know WTF I watched tonight. It's like he went back to his UAB playbook. We saw ONE running play tonight, Inside Zone. Clemson employed an "Odd Tite" front during most running downs, which has the DE's line-up just inside the Offensive Tackles, making it almost impossible to run Inside Zone. There was very little effort from Lashlee to employ different running concepts. (maybe some Outside Zone, Counter or Speed Option?)WR

PASSNIG GAME - Hardly saw any Air Raid concepts tonight, everything was vertical and outside, which as I eluded to all week, are the lower percentage throws. Where were the crossing routes? Hitches? Slants? Venerables just left his CB's one-on-one with our WR's and dared us to throw deep. And we did. Over and over and over again with zero success. By the way, our WR corps is the product of poor recruiting and evaluations. We might have the worst WR talent I've seen at Miami in all my years of watching Cane's football. Even during the previous regime, we at least had ONE guy who could take the top off of a defense. (i.e. Phillip Dorsett or Travis Benjamin) We don't have anybody out there right now that scares opposing DC's, which is probably why any defense that plays press-man coverage versus us has success, even the FIU's and Dukes of the world. A guy like Tutu would've been nice to have tonight.

*Baker
I actually thought Baker called a decent game for the most part. He kept things pretty simple, we didn't see too much gimmicky stuff, did a good job spying Lawrence at times. There were still some fundamental/alignment issues that led to big plays. On Etienne's long TD run, we had no "overhang" player to the weak side. We were short-numbered. Of course Clemson was gonna pull Guards and run that way! People were giving McCloud **** for that play, but that was too much to ask of him. At the end of the day we still need better players. It's no coincidence that our only players on defense who flash are the 4/5 star guys. We're gonna need more of those because I don't know how well our staff can actually DEVELOP lower ranked guys.
It also doesn't help that we shot ourselves in the foot plenty times via timely penalties. Carter is a fvckin' crash dummy.

*Recruiting
I know a lot of yall love the underdog 3-star "developmental" types but for the most part the only players that looked like they belonged on the same field as Clemson were our 4/5 star guys. Sorry, it is what it is. That doesn't mean 3-star kids can't be good and help your team, cause lord knows I've lobbied for a few local ones, but WE HAVEN'T RECRUITED THE RIGHT ONES AT ALL. I thought the game plans on both offense and defense were very simple tonight. When the game plans are simple, you're relying on talent. And when it doesn't work, it's a lot easier to notice the talent deficiencies. Watching our outside WR's fail over and over again to exploit man coverage makes it very easy to see. There's no scheme involved there, it's just talent versus talent. I mean, they couldn't even adjust to the football while it was in the air and the CB's backs were turned. None of our upperclassmen WR's will even see an NFL try-out IMO. Then watching Blades get beat on slants, drop a pick-6 and give up a man-to-man deep ball on 3rd & long makes us realize that it would be nice to have at least ONE of those elite local CB's that we've missed on over the last few years.

*Culture
Poorly coached teams with questionable culture always act like we do during adversity and/or losses. Trash talking while you're getting blown out, tons of unnecessary unsportsmanlike penalties, bone-headed plays during money downs that prevent your defense from getting off the field, etc etc etc. I mean, we've already had 39 unsportsmanlike penalties and our DE is trying to smack the ball out of Lawrence's hands while he's laying on the ground. Just dumb immature ****.
Don't forget, this is the same staff that threw a champagne party in the locker room after winning a close game to Western Michigan (or whoever it was) and allowed dancing on the sidelines during losses to GT and FIU.
No way around it, we are a corny bunch. We've come a long way since the days of "I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU *****" during the coin toss.
Maybe there needs to be less gimmicks and more substance going forward, cause right now we're that bully that likes to flex on inferior dudes but folds when the big dawg walks into the room. And that causes outsiders to thoroughly enjoy our losses.
WE SIMPLY DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM WITH A LOT OF CONTROL AT THE TOP. Just my opinion.

To sum it up, I think there's a talent difference between the rosters AND coaching staffs and tonight's blow-out loss is evidence of that.
A loss like this can't be blamed on just one thing.

Advertisement
Dam near every team has run the 4i tite front on us to take away IZ read.. We have no answers for it, then Manny will come out surprised saying the other team ran a defense we never seen them run before.. LOL.. Because THEY WANT TO SHUT DOWN YOUR ONLY RUN INSIDE ZONE..

Weird as **** we never seem prepared or cant adjust to that.. You cannot RUN IZ on that front, it takes away the B gap and spills that run into downhill players outside.. I knew we would see it more eveyr week, but every week we are surprised?

And if anyone knows Why didnt Jarrid Williams start today? They have Campbell and #60 at tackles

We've still got a ways to go, fellas. Completely out-classed on all levels tonight. Embarrassed on the big stage once again, after a bye week, after "earning" a top-10 ranking.

*Lashlee
RUNNING GAME - I don't know WTF I watched tonight. It's like he went back to his UAB playbook. We saw ONE running play tonight, Inside Zone. Clemson employed an "Odd Tite" front during most running downs, which has the DE's line-up just inside the Offensive Tackles, making it almost impossible to run Inside Zone. There was very little effort from Lashlee to employ different running concepts. (maybe some Outside Zone, Counter or Speed Option?)WR

PASSNIG GAME - Hardly saw any Air Raid concepts tonight, everything was vertical and outside, which as I eluded to all week, are the lower percentage throws. Where were the crossing routes? Hitches? Slants? Venerables just left his CB's one-on-one with our WR's and dared us to throw deep. And we did. Over and over and over again with zero success. By the way, our WR corps is the product of poor recruiting and evaluations. We might have the worst WR talent I've seen at Miami in all my years of watching Cane's football. Even during the previous regime, we at least had ONE guy who could take the top off of a defense. (i.e. Phillip Dorsett or Travis Benjamin) We don't have anybody out there right now that scares opposing DC's, which is probably why any defense that plays press-man coverage versus us has success, even the FIU's and Dukes of the world. A guy like Tutu would've been nice to have tonight.

*Baker
I actually thought Baker called a decent game for the most part. He kept things pretty simple, we didn't see too much gimmicky stuff, did a good job spying Lawrence at times. There were still some fundamental/alignment issues that led to big plays. On Etienne's long TD run, we had no "overhang" player to the weak side. We were short-numbered. Of course Clemson was gonna pull Guards and run that way! People were giving McCloud **** for that play, but that was too much to ask of him. At the end of the day we still need better players. It's no coincidence that our only players on defense who flash are the 4/5 star guys. We're gonna need more of those because I don't know how well our staff can actually DEVELOP lower ranked guys.
It also doesn't help that we shot ourselves in the foot plenty times via timely penalties. Carter is a fvckin' crash dummy.

*Recruiting
I know a lot of yall love the underdog 3-star "developmental" types but for the most part the only players that looked like they belonged on the same field as Clemson were our 4/5 star guys. Sorry, it is what it is. That doesn't mean 3-star kids can't be good and help your team, cause lord knows I've lobbied for a few local ones, but WE HAVEN'T RECRUITED THE RIGHT ONES AT ALL. I thought the game plans on both offense and defense were very simple tonight. When the game plans are simple, you're relying on talent. And when it doesn't work, it's a lot easier to notice the talent deficiencies. Watching our outside WR's fail over and over again to exploit man coverage makes it very easy to see. There's no scheme involved there, it's just talent versus talent. I mean, they couldn't even adjust to the football while it was in the air and the CB's backs were turned. None of our upperclassmen WR's will even see an NFL try-out IMO. Then watching Blades get beat on slants, drop a pick-6 and give up a man-to-man deep ball on 3rd & long makes us realize that it would be nice to have at least ONE of those elite local CB's that we've missed on over the last few years.

*Culture
Poorly coached teams with questionable culture always act like we do during adversity and/or losses. Trash talking while you're getting blown out, tons of unnecessary unsportsmanlike penalties, bone-headed plays during money downs that prevent your defense from getting off the field, etc etc etc. I mean, we've already had 39 unsportsmanlike penalties and our DE is trying to smack the ball out of Lawrence's hands while he's laying on the ground. Just dumb immature ****.
Don't forget, this is the same staff that threw a champagne party in the locker room after winning a close game to Western Michigan (or whoever it was) and allowed dancing on the sidelines during losses to GT and FIU.
No way around it, we are a corny bunch. We've come a long way since the days of "I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU *****" during the coin toss.
Maybe there needs to be less gimmicks and more substance going forward, cause right now we're that bully that likes to flex on inferior dudes but folds when the big dawg walks into the room. And that causes outsiders to thoroughly enjoy our losses.
WE SIMPLY DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM WITH A LOT OF CONTROL AT THE TOP. Just my opinion.

To sum it up, I think there's a talent difference between the rosters AND coaching staffs and tonight's blow-out loss is evidence of that.
Honest question why do you think Lashlee went so vanilla.

Dam near every team has run the 4i tite front on us to take away IZ read.. We have no answers for it, then Manny will come out surprised saying the other team ran a defense we never seen them run before.. LOL.. Because THEY WANT TO SHUT DOWN YOUR ONLY RUN INSIDE ZONE..

Weird as **** we never seem prepared or cant adjust to that.. You cannot RUN IZ on that front, it takes away the B gap and spills that run into downhill players outside.. I knew we would see it more eveyr week, but every week we are surprised?

And if anyone knows Why didnt Jarrid Williams start today? They have Campbell and #60 at tackles
Jarrid wasn’t mature enough in practice. So he lost his spot

Advertisement

I think that's why we've come out throwing more, but we do need to mix things up in the running game.

Advertisement
Dumbdounded that we didn't attach the middle of the field. One on one deep balls is something that all our starting wrs suck at. Knowing that fact, why the **** are we attempting that over and over and over again? My gripe with coaching for years has been doing things that don't play to our strengths. I thought we were beyond that with Lashlee.

Couldn’t agree more, the talent deficit in the coaches and players was very much evident tn. Spot on about the run and pass game, our RBs were absolutely neutered and I think that’s partly why we had to rely on the long passing game - but what good does that do when the receivers just don’t have what it takes to win the 1v1 battles? Overall very disappointed in the game plan, I expected better from Lashlee tbh

Manny & Co. still have a ton of growing up to do. Also recruit, recruit, and recruit some more!

Advertisement

We literally talked about this during the week. We pretty much let Clemson backers do what they do best (Blitz and fill inside) and rarely tested them to do what at least they MIGHT struggle with. We got suffocated through and through and counting on ‘better WRs’ is not enough. Well, if we ever expect to punch with teams like this.

Spot on as usual bro @Coach Macho

There was a play early on. Where we played off coverage on #13 he was just uncovered pre-snap on trips. I just knew Lawrence was going to snap the ball and immediately go to him.

The alignments are still killing me.

We have both a talent and coaching issue it’s not one or the other IMO.

we fasho got a culture issue. Need to be one of those disciplined teams that just play tough.

You **** right about our 3 stars not being evaluated properly. But we definitely need to recruit better and as of now that’s only going to come from winning.

Fortunately we got a good 21 class. I’m hopeful we finish the season strong and show more top 100 kids that they’re the missing piece here at Miami. We need all the help

Good read good write up

Advertisement

*Lashlee

*Baker

*Recruiting

*Culture

Can't disagree with a single thing you said.

*Lashlee

*Baker

*Recruiting

*Culture

This **** can’t be better written.

Also we need to re-evaluate who plays in certain positions. For instance, I don’t see a **** thing Jonathan ford does.... ever. Get Hunte in there. Please put Redding and Payton in the game. There is nothing new that Hartley, Wiggins or Pope are gonna do. Let’s move to next group. Try smith also. I like Roche but I’d like to see some more Harvey also.

Advertisement
Back