*sigh*

This ain't Manny's 1st yr here (in ref to knowledge of Culture) or some other BS....I re-watched the game (like a glutton for punishment) and focused primarily on 2nd half adjustments, and none were in sight...I thought to myself, You've got to be F-ing kidding me....What tf went on at Halftime, for you to come out so uninspired, and completely unprepared??...

Advertisement
This ain't Manny's 1st yr here (in ref to knowledge of Culture) or some other BS....I re-watched the game (like a glutton for punishment) and focused primarily on 2nd half adjustments, and none were in sight...I thought to myself, You've got to be F-ing kidding me....What tf went on at Halftime, for you to come out so uninspired, and completely unprepared??...
False start on first play. SMH....

We started the game giving up 3rd down after 3rd down, Trevor L was 10/10 I believe. It was identical to when manny was DC in the ACCCG against Kelly Bum Bryant.

The defense is really unsound. We've seen this story for 6 years, not sure why anyone is surprised anymore. It looks great against inexperienced, untalented OL/QB/OCs. But if you go up against a team with talent that is well coached it's really easy to attack the **** out of our scheme. Been like this for Manny's whole career. It is what it is.

I think Diaz needs to hire a DC that runs a totally different system, let him bring in his guys, and focus on being a HC. This isn't like Kirby Smart taking over a team and using his proven, effective, decade long dominant style of defense. Diaz needs to move on from this system bc after 6 years, it's the same results against good teams.
Zero gap integrity and soft coverage behind it. Its a recipe for disaster. Far too much stunting in running situations.

Advertisement
Alonso was very close to coming to UM and Blake knew his days were numbered and that is why Manny and Blake did not want Highsmith involved in the program. Zo had his future AD in mind and he was already in Coral Gables. Blake James has no idea what it takes to build a football program and his hires speak for themselves. The Ed Reed hire was nothing more than a PR stunt, Alonso Highsmith is on a different level.
I wanted Highsmith as well for his NFL connections. I think he could've really helped us upgrade the coaching staff, but I'm sure Manny was against that.

If I was a betting man, Manny will NOT allow himself to go down with the ship in regards to the staff. He’s not a typical zealot that grew up in some system nd he’s not some typical al Golden fake smart guy.

he isn’t a real football guy but that actually can be an advantage in the fact that he doesn’t have to tie himself to some schematic or coaching identity.

I would be surprised if we continued to struggle and he doesn’t change the entire defense.

I wanted Highsmith as well for his NFL connections. I think he could've really helped us upgrade the coaching staff, but I'm sure Manny was against that.
Manny and Blake wanted no part of Alonso Highsmith in Miami. Zo already had a plan in place for the perfect AD hire who together with Alonso would have worked to rebuild this program. These guys were for real and very respected throughout college and professional football. I would have loved to see them get the opportunity, UM would have prospered. You don’t build college football programs with turnover chains, TD rings and other gimmicks, you build a successful program by having a great HC, a competent staff, a head of football ops like Zo and and AD that is respected by everyone. The Ed Reed hire was a perfect publicity stunt by Manny and Blake. Not saying Ed would not be a good guy to have around the program, but Alonso Highsmith has the ability to reconstruct an entire program. We’ve been trying to catch lightning in a bottle since Butch left and it hasn’t been to successful. You don’t develop successful programs with smoke and mirrors.

Phillips maybe??. They dont have a pass rusher currently with his talent.
Their safeties arent good so both of our guys would start there imo. Nesta would see time at DT...but they are pretty stacked around. This has been years of big time recruiting and development.

-I mean they currently have like 4-5 5 STAR recruits on their dl that are freshman or sophomores. We need to recruit to that level consistently on the lines. It appears we do a good job with DE's...we need A level DT recruiting like they have though
I don't know that guy with the long hair at S was really good.

Advertisement
Virginia is a pretty well run operation with Bronco. Lack talent, but really solid fundamental coaching and the players respect the guy...one penalty (pass interference) all game. Had an offense that moved the ball on'em (25 first downs, over 400 yards of offense).

Its been so long since Miami got real, legitimate coaching on the sideline, the guys that put in real work Sunday to Saturday and get real improvement from their unit and where the room really respects that guy.
UVA recruits OL at a high level. They are big up front.

-Clemson gives a f8ck about the UVA, SYRACUSE's of the world. They sleep walking in them games. They have a hard on for us ...(we are/were considered elite at a time) and even though they routinely route us ...their coaches/fans seem to have an inferiority complex with us...they circle the wagons anytime we play them.

Watch how bad they beat UNC this year as well

Its amazing to me that they kept trying to do the same things over and over and over again when it was obvious it wasn't working. Plus it why obvious why it wasn't working. They nerver tried one of the things yoh listed. Very frustrating.
Exactly , and there’s people acting like this is the 86 bears we were facing lol. Our only offense tonight was qb scrambles lol. While ole miss is **** near putting up a fifty burger on bama.
Were saving the real plays for the ACCCG don’t worry.......

UVA recruits OL at a high level. They are big up front.

-Clemson gives a f8ck about the UVA, SYRACUSE's of the world. They sleep walking in them games. They have a hard on for us ...(we are/were considered elite at a time) and even though they routinely route us ...their coaches/fans seem to have an inferiority complex with us...they circle the wagons anytime we play them.

Watch how bad they beat UNC this year as well

I get it...but its not about Clemson per se, its about what UVA did...no penalties...sustained some drives and moved the chains. Good coaching type ****. At the end of the game, UVA could take some things away from the game as positives. Of course Clemson could moonwalk very slowly to victory in a game versus Virginia...just like they could moonwalk slowly against us...in 2017 ACCCG, they were absolutely throttling us for the first 25 minutes of the game before Dabo showed mercy and took his foot off our neck and let us coast to the finish just to get out of there.

Clemson gets up for us, but in this game and in the ACCCG in 2017, idk man, I felt Clemson was laughing at us very early in the game and stopped taking us serious when they realized we weren't **** and we'll just embarrass ourselves. Like, why else does Dabo go for a field goal to end the first half? Dude gave no fvcks and didn't respect us.

Advertisement
Late, but I concur. I've been really hard on Baker, but I don't think he called a totally horrible game (I'd give him a C) and I believe we showed our defense can hang with them. The talent gap between their offense and our defense wasn't that large.

Now, the talent gap between their defense and our offense? Gulf wide and that is partially bc we our playing without an entire position group and the opposing defense knows it.

It's crazy, almost every criticism many posters have made about the team since game 1 -- criticisms that got them attacked as being mopes -- came to fruition again, and it bit us in the ***.

Anyway, what's done is done. Onto the next. Season is far from over and as I said in the Gameday thread, I'd like to see Clemson again.

Advertisement
Back