SIAP, story on Tate Martell and UM offense on ESPN.com...

Regardless of who the starter is against Florida, I hope they give a package for the number two. All three bring very different skill sets.

I think it’s going to be Tate. Martell’s best trait is his elusiveness, his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down. Even what we saw in the Spring game diminishes the degree of differentiation between him and the other two, because the defense wasn’t allowed to take violent shots on the QB. Perry struggled with decision making last season under pressure, and Williams reportedly has the same issues in practice. Meanwhile, I think Martell would shred the UF defense.
Boy..you on drugs!!

Advertisement
They had 2 years under the worse Offensive Coordinator and QB coach! Now they are under a totally new OFC and QB coach with the start of a totally new offense for all of them to learn. Tate came from OSt and had to learn under his OFC and QB coach just the same. He had his start as well under the college system though not at Miami. His situation should have been better since OSt had better coaches...wouldn't you agree??

For you to say you have no dog in the fight is only fooling yourself!! You have a dog in this and you have made it very clear, that Tate is who you want to start even though Perry clearly out played him thus far!! Tate had one game to brag about in the spring. Perry played steady in all three. All of these guys came into this on even ground. To excuse Tate because he transferred from a much better situation exposes you. Tate is your boy, so why don't you just say it?!!
Perry hasn’t outplayed anyone. Until he or any of the qbs do it consistently vs the first team defense I’m not buying someone being head and shoulders above the competition. Thus far tate has thrown the best vs the first team D imo in the visible scrimmages but even that is a small sample size. That 20 yard throw to Osborn vs the first team defense in the 2nd scrimmage and the drive he led in the 3rd scrimmage vs the first d was impressive. Regardless they all have shown flashes, just let it play out

Last edited:
Perry hasn’t outplayed anyone. Until he or any of the qbs do it consistently vs the first team defense I’m not buying someone being head and shoulders above the competition. Thus far tate has thrown the best best the first team D imo. That 20 yard throw to Osborn vs the first team defense in the 2nd scrimmage and the drive he led in the 3rd scrimmage vs the first d was impressive. Regardless they all have shown flashes, just let it play out
I like how you guys see only good passes and not even in the same scrimmage. You pick out 3 passes to prove Tate is the best QB? I've seen passes in the ground, I saw interception, I saw a wild man scrambling around not waiting for the plays to develop, I saw wobbly passes!! Yeah you're right he should start!!

Last edited:
I like how you guys see only good passes and not even in the same scrimmage. You pick out 3 passes to prove Tate is the best QB? I seen passes in the ground, I saw interception, I saw a wild man scrambling around not waiting for the plays to develop, I saw wobbly passes!! Yeah you're right he should start!!
Perry very much so struggled vs the first team defense every drive he took in the scrimmages outside of opening the 2nd scrimmage. His pocket presence has been the worst out of the 3 qbs too and has taken the most sacks. All of these QBs have things they need to work on for sure but for me it’s about what you do vs legit competition. Until one consistently plays well against the first team defense we don’t know who our guy is yet or who is leading. And that’s how it should be

Advertisement
Perry very much so struggled vs the first team defense every drive he took in the scrimmages outside of opening the 2nd scrimmage. His pocket presence has been the worst out of the 3 qbs too and has taken the most sacks
So you don't agree with the coaches that are there 24/7 and watching these kids close up? They gave Perry a slight non over the other 2 guys because of being more consistent. Why are we so eager to call things now when we still have summer and fall to go in this horse race??

The thing that bothers me is people make these outlandish claims to hang on one guy to only get totally disappointed when the coaches make the decision the week before the game and start bashing the kid if its not the one they fell in love with.

Its not even the time to start talking about who the starter is or should be when they only installed 50% of this offense. And I hope we all can just get behind who the coaches deem the starter because their opinion is the only one that matters!!

Tate easily looked the Best at the Spring Game...not even close...Perry and Williams would have been Sacked 12 times, if not for the touch rule...Tate is the ONLY QB on the team that can make something outta nothing if the Pocket collapses, and it hurts me to say....thats gonna happen alot with our OL....If Tate in the next 3 months shows improvement at under center...He WILL start Aug 24th....If Not...then its a crap shoot...

So you don't agree with the coaches that are there 24/7 and watching these kids close up? They gave Perry a slight non over the other 2 guys because of being more consistent. Why are we so eager to call things now when we still have summer and fall to go in this horse race??

The thing that bothers me is people make these outlandish claims to hang on one guy to only get totally disappointed when the coaches make the decision the week before the game and start bashing the kid if its not the one they fell in love with.

Its not even the time to start talking about who the starter is or should be when they only installed 50% of this offense. And I hope we all can just get behind who the coaches deem the starter because their opinion is the only one that matters!!
Who is calling anything? All I said Is I’m not buying the notion of anyone being head and shoulders above the competition and my point on that is like I said, until we see one of the guys do it vs the FIRST TEAM DEFENSE CONSISTENTLY it’s not feasible to anoint anyone this early

Tate easily looked the Best at the Spring Game...not even close...Perry and Williams would have been Sacked 12 times, if not for the touch rule...Tate is the ONLY QB on the team that can make something outta nothing if the Pocket collapses, and it hurts me to say....thats gonna happen alot with our OL....If Tate in the next 3 months shows improvement at under center...He WILL start Aug 24th....If Not...then its a crap shoot...
I knew it!! You ve fallen in love!! Dude it's only 50% of the offense installed. And a QB's game is not only to scramble around. Tell Ken Dorsey he forgot to scramble around to win games!! A top QB stays in the pocket go through his progressions and sling it!! Tom Brady is the poster boy for staying in the pocket!! And how's that working out for him??

If Tate win this thing so be it!! I will wait on Enos and Diaz in August to make that decision!!

Advertisement
I knew it!! You ve fallen in love!! Dude it's only 50% of the offense installed. And a QB's game is not only to scramble around. Tell Ken Dorsey he forgot to scramble around to win games!! A top QB stays in the pocket go through his progressions and sling it!! Tom Brady is the poster boy for staying in the pocket!! And how's that working out for him??

If Tate win this thing so be it!! I will wait on Enos and Diaz in August to make that decision!!
Did you're retarded *** just mention Dorsey??...Who had 3 AA OLman and a AA TE in front of him, compared to these 3 QBs and what they have in front of them??....Lol

Did you're retarded *** just mention Dorsey??...Who had 3 AA OLman and a AA TE in front of him, compared to these 3 QBs and what they have in front of them??....Lol
Our OL might end up surprising you!! Why not have faith that some of the issues with our OL may have been the coaches!! Like I said you been exposed!!

Advertisement
I don't think the extra 2 years are automatically a huge boost. Actually, 2 years with Jon Richt is probably a net negative....Rosier definitely got worse over time. The one plus for Perry and Williams is they probably got more time under center than Tate. They also got to know the team which is a SMALL advantage (UNLESS the team attributes their ****** play to Williams or Perry and not the old coaching staff-then they're actually worse off than Tate).

Moral of the story is none of the QBs can really blame their situation if they lose this competition so let's just see what happens.

Advertisement
I don't think the extra 2 years are automatically a huge boost. Actually, 2 years with Jon Richt is probably a net negative....Rosier definitely got worse over time. The one plus for Perry and Williams is they probably got more time under center than Tate. They also got to know the team which is a SMALL advantage (UNLESS the team attributes their ****** play to Williams or Perry and not the old coaching staff-then they're actually worse off than Tate).

Moral of the story is none of the QBs can really blame their situation if they lose this competition so let's just see what happens.
Thanks for breaking it down for them!

Advertisement
Back