SIAP, story on Tate Martell and UM offense on ESPN.com...

CaneInOrlando didn't say anything about the offense. He said head start in general.

Kosi and Jarren have been around longer to gain some level of respect. That's a fact. I'm not even going to get into the trust they have built, especially Kosi.

I like how u omitted the point I made about Kosi and Jarren having two extra years to develop chemistry with their teammates though. Chemistry is crucial.

Two of the qbs have been around the program for 2 years and the other QB has been around the program for 5 months. There's no denying that's a head start.

The only head start that metters is learning the new offense....and NONE has any advantage there.

As for your other points I didn't address them because they are pointless.

You want to make a point that being around a program longer....is more important than learning who operates the best in this new offense ....that's your battle...Im not going down that senseless road.

The coaches are new as is the offense. The decision on who will start will be made based on who runs this new offense the best....not who has the most friends on the team etc. or who the fans favor.

Enos and Diaz will simply select the QB that gives them the best chance winning with this new offense...and no one has an advantage because its been presented to all together....to think otherwise is not worth my time to argue about Rev.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can see why he ignored it. Your trying to create some illogical narrative where kosi and jarren have some imaginary advantage or head start over tate when it simply isn't true.

Everyone is learning a new offense and also trying to earn the respect of their coaches for playing time. No one is playing any harder than they do for the last/next man. As if any coach/player wouldnt be able to identify that. What you're saying doesn't make a lick of sense. They all got the same start. Time and relationship would only be an advantage if the offense was the same.

Nailed it

I can see why he ignored it. Your trying to create some illogical narrative where kosi and jarren have some imaginary advantage or head start over tate when it simply isn't true.

Everyone is learning a new offense and also trying to earn the respect of their coaches for playing time. No one is playing any harder than they do for the last/next man. As if any coach/player wouldnt be able to identify that. What you're saying doesn't make a lick of sense. They all got the same start. Time and relationship would only be an advantage if the offense was the same.
No one has is debating whether someone has a headstart on the offense dude. That's not the initial point that CaneInOrlando's made so you're just typing for no reason at this point.

Being in a program for two extra years u have a headstart building chemistry, trust, and earning respect with your teammates. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Lmao think about what u are saying. Does a a sophmore not have a headstart over a freshman?

The only head start that metters is learning the new offense....and NONE has any advantage there.

As for your other points I didn't address them because they are pointless.

You want to make a point that being around a program longer....is more important than learning who operates the best in this new offense ....that's your battle...Im not going down that senseless road.

The coaches are new as is the offense. The decision on who will start will be made based on who runs this new offense the best....not who has the most friends on the team etc. or who the fans favor.

Enos and Diaz will simply select the QB that gives them the best chance winning ....to think otherwise is not worth my time to argue about Rev.
You're right, chemistry, trust and respect doesn't matter on a team. Lmao

Does a sophmore not have any headstart over a freshman? I'm curious

You're right, chemistry, trust and respect doesn't matter on a team. Lmao

Does a sophmore not have any headstart over a freshman? I'm curious

Cmon You're losing it Rev.. pull yourself together man.

You know I'm correct ....so you want to argue about the madeup and tangential sh*t

Let me be plain and simple so you can easily follow me ok.

The only chemistry trust and respect that matters is whatever is shown while operating this new offense...NONE OF THE REST MATTERS. No one has a head start.

If its NOT a skill that required while operating this new offense and cannot be shown while operating in it....it doesn't matter and is not important to the coaches, to the team or me.

Maybe it is to you ....but as I said before that's your battle.

Good night Rev I'm going to the movies

Advertisement
Cmon You're losing it Rev.. pull yourself together man.

You know I'm correct ....so you want to argue about the madeup and tangential sh*t

Let me be plain and simple so you can easily follow me ok.

The only chemistry trust and respect that matters is whatever is shown while operating this new offense...NONE OF THE REST MATTERS.

If its NOT a skill that required while operating this new offense and cannot be shown while operating in it....it doesn't matter and is not important to the coaches, to the team or me.

Maybe it is to you ....but as I said before that's your battle.

Good night Rev I'm going to the movies
Okay chemistry in the offense matters, right?That's what u just said.

How many timing routes do u think Kosi and Jarren have thrown to our WR1 Jeff Thomas? Now how many timing routes has Tate threw to our WR1 Jeff Thomas?

Lmao end of discussion.

Okay chemistry in the offense matters, right?That's what u just said.

How many timing routes do u think Kosi and Jarren have thrown to our WR1 Jeff Thomas? Now how many timing routes has Tate threw to our WR1 Jeff Thomas?

Lmao end of discussion.

Reading is a skill that can always be improved. Keep working on it Rev.

Timing routes in THIS offense...ALL have about the same. Game Set and Match Rev. Maybe next time

The wife is slapping my head as she's driving...See you tomorrow Rev

Some coaches seem to always go with the most senior QB, in our case only Perry has real game time BUT I believe that Coach Enos and Coach Diaz will pick the QB that will win games. They have laid out their criteria and all 3 know what is expected so all they have to do is do what the coaches expect and may the best man perform. They have all summer to improve or stay the same or regress. Come fall we will see who worked the hardest and got the most prepared. All 3 are talented, all 3 know what is expected.

CaneInOrlando didn't say anything about the offense. He said head start in general.

Kosi and Jarren have been around longer to gain some level of respect. That's a fact. I'm not even going to get into the trust they have built, especially Kosi.

I like how u omitted the point I made about Kosi and Jarren having two extra years to develop chemistry with their teammates though. Chemistry is crucial.

Two of the qbs have been around the program for 2 years and the other QB has been around the program for 5 months. There's no denying that's a head start.
The ONLY QB that has a headstart in this offense is Proctor because he played in it at Arkansas...

Everyone else is on even levels out the gate

Advertisement
The ONLY QB that has a headstart in this offense is Proctor because he played in it at Arkansas...

Everyone else is on even levels out the gate
Are u blind? No one is debating whether someone has a headstart in this offense. Considering we have a new OC that point is obvious.

Are u blind? No one is debating whether someone has a headstart in this offense. Considering we have a new OC that point is obvious.
No sir. I commented on what was said in the thread on page 3, halfway down. Read for yourself & you'll understand my comment

No sir. I commented on what was said in the thread on page 3, halfway down. Read for yourself & you'll understand my comment
Kosi and Jarren have a headstart in this competition. They have threw hundreds of timing routes to our receivers. They have chemistry. They know which WR they can trust to be at the spot they are throwing the ball to. An out route is an out route, doesn't matter what offense.

Tate is starting from scratch building chemistry with the receivers and knowing which ones he can trust.

Reading is a skill that can always be improved. Keep working on it Rev.

Timing routes in THIS offense...ALL have about the same. Game Set and Match Rev. Maybe next time

The wife is slapping my head as she's driving...See you tomorrow Rev
Bro u don't even believe what you're saying at this point.

U clearly don't know anything about QB and WR chemistry. There's a reason why Tate and KJ has stayed after practice and it wasn't bc they had nothing better to do.

Do u think Langham is going to get to his spot faster than JT does on an out route?

Advertisement
Kosi and Jarren have a headstart in this competition. They have threw hundreds of timing routes to our receivers. They have chemistry. They know which WR they can trust to be at the spot they are throwing the ball to. An out route is an out route, doesn't matter what offense.

Tate is starting from scratch building chemistry with the receivers and knowing which ones he can trust.

An out route is an out route, true.

However, you still have to be able to read the defense,know where to go with the ball and most importantly, know the plays. Proctor when he got here, knew the plays & the calls. Getting the timing down is easy. Proctor had the biggest headstart imo.

If you disagree with that, no problem. Agree to disagree

From what's been posted on social media Kosi has been hanging with his n*ggas and getting tatted with JT, Tate has been simping everyday, and Jarren has been putting in work. Updated view from the public eye.

Regardless of who the starter is against Florida, I hope they give a package for the number two. All three bring very different skill sets.

I think it’s going to be Tate. Martell’s best trait is his elusiveness, his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down. Even what we saw in the Spring game diminishes the degree of differentiation between him and the other two, because the defense wasn’t allowed to take violent shots on the QB. Perry struggled with decision making last season under pressure, and Williams reportedly has the same issues in practice. Meanwhile, I think Martell would shred the UF defense.

Advertisement
It's getting to the point that I have to agree with you...The other QBs have had sufficient amounts of time to seperate themselves...
I feel if Martell would've been here the equal amount of time as the others...There would be No question who the starter would be.
Again...I have no dog in this fight, and I'm not giving Martell preferential treatment...But the others have had 2yrs of a head start.
They had 2 years under the worse Offensive Coordinator and QB coach! Now they are under a totally new OFC and QB coach with the start of a totally new offense for all of them to learn. Tate came from OSt and had to learn under his OFC and QB coach just the same. He had his start as well under the college system though not at Miami. His situation should have been better since OSt had better coaches...wouldn't you agree??

For you to say you have no dog in the fight is only fooling yourself!! You have a dog in this and you have made it very clear, that Tate is who you want to start even though Perry clearly out played him thus far!! Tate had one game to brag about in the spring. Perry played steady in all three. All of these guys came into this on even ground. To excuse Tate because he transferred from a much better situation exposes you. Tate is your boy, so why don't you just say it?!!

They had 2 years under the worse Offensive Coordinator and QB coach! Now they are under a totally new OFC and QB coach with the start of a totally new offense for all of them to learn. Tate came from OSt and had to learn under his OFC and QB coach just the same. He had his start as well under the college system though not at Miami. His situation should have been better since OSt had better coaches...wouldn't you agree??

For you to say you have no dog in the fight is only fooling yourself!! You have a dog in this and you have made it very clear, that Tate is who you want to start even though Perry clearly out played him thus far!! Tate had one game to brag about in the spring. Perry played steady in all three. All of these guys came into this on even ground. To excuse Tate because he transferred from a much better situation exposes you. Tate is your boy, so why don't you just say it?!!
STFU...You don't know me Boy...Run tf along

Advertisement
Back