SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Advertisement
He has interest and has agreed to an interview (without Flake). That is all. Not a done deal. More coaches than I thought are at least interested
holy shit GIF
season 2 showtime GIF by Shameless
surprised john candy GIF

Advertisement
The best option is hugh freeze Bc he likely won’t cost nearly as much as the other options
And he won more than stoops when he was in the sec
Since money seems to be a big issue with this school

Miami is never going to sell its soul and bring in a guy with baggage like Freeze. It goes against the core principles of the University. And that is way more important than football wins and losses. Doesn't mean we can't find a great coach, but we're not going to go to the small handful of low quality humans in that pool to find the next guy. We are going to recruit a leader of young men. There is a reason Freeze is coaching where he is now. Same thing with a guy like Mike Leach. Non-starter. Mike will never get a better job than he has now, and frankly, only because Miss St. is ****** academic backwoods SEC school that has no chance of winning their conference and is 2nd tier is their little crappy state did he ever get a gig that good. Guy like them, Briles... forget it. I think Lane Kiffin is the ceiling as far as "baggage" goes for the Miami job. And I know some people would have to hold their nose to sign off.

Advertisement
Anyone worried about recruiting 1st doesn’t have their priorities straight. Our talent relative to our yearly competition means we should sleepwalk to 9 wins every year.

You know what recruits SoFlo well? A winning Miami program that develops its players. Get me a coach that can develop his players and the recruiting will come.

Anyone worried about recruiting 1st doesn’t have their priorities straight. Our talent relative to our yearly competition means we should sleepwalk to 9 wins every year.

You know what recruits SoFlo well? A winning Miami program that develops its players. Get me a coach that can develop his players and the recruiting will come.
Partially recruiting, partially coaching. I think the recruiting rankings for the state of florida are all overblown. The current status of all of the in state programs supports that.

Too many whiffs on evaluations on top it, primarily in the trenches.

Coaching does us no favors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any defensive minded HC coach is dependent on a solid OC for success. Also, I would be concerned as to his ability to recruit S. Florida and get recruits that take advantage of their strengths. At Kentucky, his offense is mediocre at best and the style he currently has does not fit what we should be doing & what we should be recruiting here.

Defensively, I don’t have a problem with him or his ability to run a good program but I don’t believe he would consistently reach 9-11 wins. Hence why he is no higher than 3rd on my list for HC.
Does Butch Davis name ring a bell?
We had Larry Coker who was a good but not a world beater OC under a defensive but solid all around coach.
We were scoring loads of points on people with the right pieces in place.
That what is we need. We need a program builder now and people talking about offensive scheme.

Last edited:
****, let’s have some fun and bring in EdO as DLC lol

I mean, while you bullshi*tin, thats exactly what some big time program will do. Obviously, I dont know if the man wants to sit back and recharge while he collects his $ that LSU owes him but if he wants to coach, he will def have some big time DL coach offers I would imagine ..

Can Stoops recruit at a Top 10 level? Mario can. And that's BY FAR the most important piece of this whole thing.

Also, who is he bringing with him? The HC is just a piece of this. He should be judged by his recruiting prowess mainly, and then who he surrounds himself with is the next biggest slice of the pie. I know Stoops would field a good defense. I'm confident in that. I'm not confident he lands Top 10 classes. And I'm not confident he hires an elite OC. Liam Coen is a McVay disciple, but he's unproven.
Not at Kentucky, no.

During his time there though he's had:
  • 3 first round picks
  • 2 second round picks
  • 3 third round picks
  • 18 players drafted (incl. 3 Pro Bowlers) - 13 of those since 2019

Advertisement
Back